Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
This dudes a joker. He's like Chemical Ali.

In what respect do you find fault with his statement? The West are throwing weapons and money into Ukraine for all they're worth, but Russia is still actually making slow but steady progress in their goal, albeit at the cost of thousands of lives. Understandibly you may not like his statement, but unfortunately it seems pretty factual to me.

Soldato
28-Jun-2022 13:54:11 - UK Defence Minister Wallace: Increasingly Clear Putin Cannot Be Deterred by Threats of Punishment Or Costs on Russian People
28-Jun-2022 13:59:55 - UK Defence Minister Wallace: As the Threat Changes, so Must the Funding
28-Jun-2022 14:01:14 - UK Defence Minister Wallace: Time to Signal That Defence Investment Needs to Grow

28-Jun-2022 14:05:04 - Japan PM Kishida: To Extend Additional $100 mln In Humanitarian Aid to Ukraine
28-Jun-2022 14:06:31 - Japan PM Kishida: G7 Agreed Russia Is to Blame for Global Price Increases
28-Jun-2022 14:08:48 - Japan PM Kishida: Japan to Extend Support to Expand Ukraine’s Grain Storage Capacity As Harvest Season Nears

Last edited:
Permabanned
I would have thought you'd come across the term Pyrrhic Victory before

A victory is a victory, are you joining the clan of "How to make it look like Russia didn't really, properly win"? You will have had some practice over decrying election and referendum results in recent years, so you surely must be approaching expert status on the denying of reality :)

Soldato
A victory is a victory, are you joining the clan of "How to make it look like Russia didn't really, properly win"?

So you don't understand what a pyrrhic victory is
You will have had some practice over decrying election and referendum results in recent years, so you surely must be approaching expert status on the denying of reality :)

As bringing in Brexit as an example confirms :cry:

Soldato
In what respect do you find fault with his statement? The West are throwing weapons and money into Ukraine for all they're worth, but Russia is still actually making slow but steady progress in their goal, albeit at the cost of thousands of lives. Understandibly you may not like his statement, but unfortunately it seems pretty factual to me.
What do you think there goal is though? For Mister Putin nothing short of subsuming the whole of Ukraine into Russia is what his ultimate goal is and if you think he will be happy with holding on the South around the sea of Azov and the eastern oblasts you should think again. As for the statement the war and fighting can stop today if Russian pulled it's forces back and he's kidding himself if he thought the rest of the world would just stand back and watch Russia just rollover one of it's neighbours in blatant act of unproved aggression that's why it's a stupid comment.

Man of Honour
No idea what that is other than a map, is some random YouTuber your professional source now ?
Explains why you are so far off the mark time and time again.

So the only one spewing here is you... just illustrating it again in case anyone mistakenly thinks you are doing anything other than finding amusement in trolling a situation where civilians are being intentionally targeted.

Factual or not his statement is basically like telling a rape victim not to struggle so it will be over quicker... no one should simply be accepting of it as a statement.

It is pretty obvious with all the stuff going on behind the scenes that Russia has no intention of stopping of their own accord until Ukraine ceases to exist.

Permabanned
Did I really read this guff from an EU centric leader, a proponent of Schengen open borders and a host to near, or probably in reality, over 2 million undocumented migrants? Bloody unbelievable, it is really... ;)

"28-Jun-2022 11:33:50 - German Chancellor Scholz: Everyone Knows That Inviolate Borders and State Sovereignty Are Essential to World Peace"

Soldato
Video Today, the UK-supplied LMM multirole missile proved that it could work against more than just UAVs; the Ukrainian 95th Air Assault Brigade scored a hit against a Russian helicopter in the East. The aircraft, said to be a Ka-52 attack helicopter, appears to crash.

Bingo!

Soldato
28-Jun-2022 14:15:00 - Polish Agriculture Minister Kowalczyk: Biden’s Proposal to Build Silos on Ukrainian Border Was ‘Political Declaration’; No Agreements yet
28-Jun-2022 14:15:00 - Polish Agriculture Minister Kowalczyk: EU’s Declarations Should Be Followed by Specific Actions
28-Jun-2022 14:15:00 - Polish Agriculture Minister Kowalczyk: EU Plan to Move 20 mln Tons of Grain out of Ukraine by End-July Not Realistic
jymBp56.png
n0lNBbg.png

cont from prev post:
28-Jun-2022 14:17:26 - Japan PM Kishida: G7 Agreed That Unilateral Attempt to Change Status Quo by Force Is Unacceptable
28-Jun-2022 14:21:16 - Japan PM Kishida: UK PM Told Me Britain Will Lift Restrictions on Food Products Import From Japan on Wednesday
28-Jun-2022 14:22:59 - Japan PM Kishida: G7 Agreed to Urge Peaceful Resolution Of Cross-Strait Issue Regarding Taiwan
28-Jun-2022 14:25:27 - Japan PM Kishida: G7 Members Agreed on Importance of Responding in United Manner to Unilateral Attempt to Change Status Quo in Asia
28-Jun-2022 14:27:30 - Japan PM Kishida: Plan to Utilise Existing Coal-Fired Power Plants to Secure Power Supply

Last edited:
Soldato
28-Jun-2022 13:54:11 - UK Defence Minister Wallace: Increasingly Clear Putin Cannot Be Deterred by Threats of Punishment Or Costs on Russian People
Ok, I've seen us impost sanctions and use threats of violence against numerous sociopathic dictators in the past (Saddam, Milošević, Khomeini etc) and it never works to bring countries and leaders to heal so under what belief did they think this would have worked on Putin?

Man of Honour
Did I say something to offend you ?
I just questioned the source you provided.

The specific source doesn't really matter here - splitting hairs over that aspect only shows your agenda. I simply used the source as a handy reference for 2 screenshot of maps which can be verified against multiple other sources. Or are you saying those maps are wrong?

We can see from the likes of NASA's FIRMS where action is taking place to roughly verify those kind of maps - unless you are claiming FIRMS, SAR, etc. data is being faked as well.

Finding this a situation for amusement yes that does offend me.

Soldato
28-Jun-2022 14:26:03 - NATO's Stoltenberg: Russia Is Using Energy As a Weapon of Coercion
28-Jun-2022 14:26:39 - NATO’s Stoltenberg: NATO As an Organisation Seeks to Reduce Carbon Emissions By at Least 45% by 2030
28-Jun-2022 14:27:30 - NATO’s Stoltenberg: NATO As Organization To Be Carbon Neutral by 2050
28-Jun-2022 14:31:13 - NATO's Stoltenberg: Sanctions on Russia Are a Price Worth Paying for Freedom
28-Jun-2022 14:34:29 - NATO’s Stoltenberg: Heavy Dependence on Some Commodities Creates Vulnerabilities on Our Societies
28-Jun-2022 14:38:41 - NATO’s Stoltenberg: The Answer to High Energy Prices Is to Increase Supply
28-Jun-2022 14:39:50 - NATO’s Stoltenberg: Highest Price By Far Is Paid by Ukraine
28-Jun-2022 14:41:02 - NATO’s Stoltenberg: It Is in Our Interest to Support Ukraine, Our World Will Be More Insecure if Putin Wins
28-Jun-2022 14:45:12 - NATO’s Stoltenberg: Membership for Sweden, Finland Will Strengthen Security of the Alliance
28-Jun-2022 14:48:29 - NATO’s Stoltenberg: Disappointed by the Fact That China Has Not Condemned Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Last edited:
Permabanned
Factual or not his statement is basically like telling a rape victim not to struggle so it will be over quicker... no one should simply be accepting of it as a statement.

Telling a rape victim to struggle like hell against a vicious and angry attacker may well leave her with the moral high ground as she goes to hospital or her grave. I am not sure if the alleged moral high ground is worth striving for. Russia has seen what a mess EU countries, on the whole, are in, and has already clearly stated they aren't having NATO countries encroaching further. Unlike many impotent Western leaders who are all talk, he's backed his statement up with some robust action, and yet the West seem astonished. It's probably generations of Westerners becoming un-accepting and unbelieving of "do not do that or you'll be sorry" and getting away with ignoring such statements from their parents onwards to even their police and governments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom