Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Caporegime
just like everyone in this thread has ignored what Ukraine are doing too civilians.

lets pretend only one side can rape people... even British soldiers did it in our wars... straight up murdered citizens too, lets not pretend Ukraine are all perfect soldiers... especially when most of them are conscripted just like the Russians and not professionals
It's impossible to avoid civilian mortality when there is fighting in towns and cities which is entirely due to Russia's invasion of the country.

Unfortunately some civvies just don't want to leave their homes no matter the risk and Ukraine has to do what's necessary regardless of those people to ensure the rest of the country doesn't end up in concentration camps or massacred for the misfortune of being born a man.

Last edited:
Soldato
just like everyone in this thread has ignored what Ukraine are doing too civilians.

lets pretend only one side can rape people... even British soldiers did it in our wars... straight up murdered citizens too, lets not pretend Ukraine are all perfect soldiers... especially when most of them are conscripted just like the Russians and not professionals

What has misconduct in previous wars got to do with things? There are rules to wars, and any soldier no matter what nationality should face justice for breaking them - including Ukrainian and Russian soldiers.

Saying it has previously happened could be seen a justifying it happening again.

I don't have any hard facts but logically a lot of the nastier parts of the military vs civilian will surely happen when in enemy lands or to enemy civs

I mean imagine we went to war with France, I doubt the UK army would suddenly start doing loads of dodgy stuff to UK citizens in the UK if France was for example entrenched along the south coast of the UK

Soldato
I don't have any hard facts but logically a lot of the nastier parts of the military vs civilian will surely happen when in enemy lands or to enemy civs

I mean imagine we went to war with France, I doubt the UK army would suddenly start doing loads of dodgy stuff to UK citizens in the UK if France was for example entrenched along the south coast of the UK

That is what history would teach us, and if Ukraine isn't in Russia that would also be my sentiment.

Though I do find it funny this whole spin has come from a reply to a post I made where I didn't even mention this aspect! :cry:

Soldato

The Amnesty International report can't be anything but one sided as they have no access inside Russia. A fact that the usual suspects in here will be conveniently ignoring.

Soldato

The Amnesty International report can't be anything but one sided as they have no access inside Russia. A fact that the usual suspects in here will be conveniently ignoring.
???

They were cancelled by Russia. What is your point?

Soldato
Why would they give this movement intel away? /Facepalm. Only thing I can think of is that all the recent propaganda from ukraine has been trying to get the Russians to run away from Kherson.

Soldato
Video might be made and then posted later, by the time anyone sees it and finds the location, it's probably "old news".

Also Russia might not be able to geo-locate anything from a video like that.

Soldato
Why would they give this movement intel away? /Facepalm. Only thing I can think of is that all the recent propaganda from ukraine has been trying to get the Russians to run away from Kherson.
Pretty hard to hide to movements like this when the enemy has surveillance satellites over you, not unless you have another "dummy" movement somewhere else to confuse the enemy but the logistics of that these days and social media would make it difficult to pull off

Commissario
Pretty hard to hide to movements like this when the enemy has surveillance satellites over you, not unless you have another "dummy" movement somewhere else to confuse the enemy but the logistics of that these days and social media would make it difficult to pull off
Also, that video seems to have been taken so that it doesn't show much in the way of identifiable landmarks, it's basically a tanks going along a dirt track with some woods in the distance/to one side and farmers fields on the other, I suspect there are many possibilities in Ukraine (geolocation tends to be far easier when there are specific landmarks, or you've forgotten to strip the metadata from the photo of video).

The fun bit is it turns out that was filmed weeks or months ago, or even from before the "special military operation" and is being used to force the Russians to waste time trying confirm it matches with the satellite imaging etc.

Soldato
At least the Turkey will be warm for Christmas

The fun bit is it turns out that was filmed weeks or months ago, or even from before the "special military operation" and is being used to force the Russians to waste time trying confirm it matches with the satellite imaging etc.
Yep there's many reasons to post such videos, also raises morale for Ukrainians to see such a mighty formation on the move and probably worries any Russians who happen to view it

Soldato
Soldato

I haven't read the report, but given that fact, they report should have a big section at the top that says this report is incomplete because they do not have access to locations on the battlefield and do not have access to anything from the Russian side and acknowledge they are committing war crimes

Top Bottom