Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you think they got their tech the hypersonic missile. Now Iran will have one soon, but the west still does not have that tech.

The last I saw so happy to be wrong if you have some better link, was that the claims were very unconvincing and more aligned with a normal ballistic missile on a flat trajectory being plane launched

Also, why aren't we seeing any being used, when you consider Russia have been using odd missiles for some tasks.

Soldato
Concerning murmurings about the nuclear plant at Zaporozhia, risk of it being out of control or blown up seems higher than one would like.

Whatever course the rest of the war takes, the safety of the nuclear plants should be given very high priority by both sides in the conflict. No one should be fighting in or around the plants.

Soldato
Training only goes so far - but I suspect one of the reasons North Korea is willing to send 100K troops is even if they lose a large number of them, a few thousand or so coming back with actual combat experience can be put to use to improve their military.
If he can get the Russians to feed them too, win/win for Kim.

Soldato
I think Amnesty International is going to feel a fair bit of (deserved) pain as funding will get withdrawn after writing an article that allows Russia to invade a country, kill a bunch of civilians, then use it to point the finger of blame at Ukraine, who are defending themselves.

The main point being that if Russia wasn't there then there would be 0 civilian casualties.

You can tell how much the article backs the Russians because their embassies have tweeted out about it, so it's just another cog in the propaganda machine for them.

With the links above it's clear the authors of the article have their own agenda as well, you can't write an unbiased article like that. Whole thing should be scrapped and Amnesty International should issue a written apology calling it what it was, garbage.

Soldato
I think Amnesty International is going to feel a fair bit of (deserved) pain as funding will get withdrawn after writing an article that allows Russia to invade a country, kill a bunch of civilians, then use it to point the finger of blame at Ukraine, who are defending themselves.

The main point being that if Russia wasn't there then there would be 0 civilian casualties.

You can tell how much the article backs the Russians because their embassies have tweeted out about it, so it's just another cog in the propaganda machine for them.

With the links above it's clear the authors of the article have their own agenda as well, you can't write an unbiased article like that. Whole thing should be scrapped and Amnesty International should issue a written apology calling it what it was, garbage.

Whoever or however Amnesty is funded there raison d'etre is to support the disposessed, the imprisoned, the tortured.

Ironically they used to have a 'Secret Policeman's Ball'. It seems that they are taking this too seriously.

Caporegime

Anyone supporting Amnesty at this point is imo a horrid person and the organisation deserves to perish.

Soldato
If Amnesty International are going to act as a propaganda outfit then they are more of a PR firm than a charity. Their tax free status should be reviewed.

I pointed out a few days ago this was a one-sided report due to no access in Russia (and hence areas controlled by Russia), but **** me, I didn't know the half of it from what's come out since ! Also seeing stuff on twitter about the local Ukraine staff being side-lined from the report and the Head of IA in Ukraine has resigned in protest.

Soldato
How do you think they got their tech the hypersonic missile. Now Iran will have one soon, but the west still does not have that tech.

I believe I heard their hypersonic missile was very low tech. Hypersonic just means 5x the speed of sound or more. The actually hard part is making it do more than just be a fast dumb rocket. And then justifying what you get out of it at the end.

As we've seen, Russia can't defend against missiles merely doing 3x the speed of sound.

Soldato
As ianh said above, the world, the USA and Germany all got specific and sage warnings of what was occurring politically, financially and energy supplies wise from Trump.
Err, all Trump did was continue the same warnings Germany et al had been getting by the US administration about their reliance on Russian energy, he didn't come up with the realisation himself LMAO! Here's Biden saying the same thing as VP in 2016 https://www.dw.com/en/biden-warns-e...ia-for-heating-oil-and-natural-gas/a-19503334 . The US in general has been warning Europe about it, you can see articles from people going back 15+ years.

Associate

I'm sure Russia will make up any funding shortfall.

Soldato
Oh my! How things have changed for one of the most loved darlings of the liberal left! :) What do they say about a day in politics?....

Who StriderX? :cry:

You don't pay much attention to who you chat to do you, Strider is a nihilist who is an equal opportunities hater ;)

Or, am I reading that wrong and you mean Amnesty itself? :p

Soldato
Oh my! How things have changed for one of the most loved darlings of the liberal left! :) What do they say about a day in politics?....

I think you'll find Amnesty have had several scandals in the last few years, not least supposed aid workers coercing vulnerable women in unstable countries into sexual favours.

It would be fair to say the organisation has been mired in controversy for some time.

But hey! Don't change twisting the narrative to suit your warped views..

Permabanned
I think you'll find Amnesty have had several scandals in the last few years, not least supposed aid workers coercing vulnerable women in unstable countries into sexual favours.

It would be fair to say the organisation has been mired in controversy for some time.

But hey! Don't change twisting the narrative to suit your warped views..

That was OXFAM in Haiti wasn't it? Or are they all at it?

Associate
Anyone supporting Amnesty at this point is imo a horrid person and the organisation deserves to perish.

'RUSSIA’S AGGRESSION AGAINST UKRAINE​

A massive humanitarian crisis​

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is an act of aggression that has unleashed the gravest human rights and refugee crisis in Europe since World War Two. Amnesty International is documenting serious violations of international humanitarian and human rights law, including the unlawful killing and injury of civilians, destruction of infrastructure, and blocking of desperately needed aid for civilians. Attacks on hospitals and schools, employing “surrender or starve” sieges on civilians, the use of banned weapons such as cluster munitions, and strikes on populated areas using inaccurate weapons may constitute war crimes.'

You're right. Made up rubbish. Add to ignore. Garbage sham.

Permabanned

A "horrid person", come come, you have penned some quite decent posts recently (forgetting the phased, not fazed faux pas the other day). "A horrid person" is the sort of thing a truculent six year old might say, what about insensitive or more strongly, dehumanised, bestial or abhorrent?

No gold star for StriderX today, but he has shown recent signs of improvement ;)

"I love the swish of the birch in my hand, the tangible odour of fear in the trembling pupil" My games master circa 1971 .... :)

Caporegime

Part of the point of organisations like Amnesty International is that they don't ignore transgressions by those who are, overall, in the right. Anyone who takes a minute to look at Amensty's website and look at their reports "[a]s Russia continues its war against Ukraine" (their words, not mine) can see they have continually called out Russia's atrocities in Ukraine. The fact that Ukraine are indisputably the victim in Russian aggression doesn't mean that their actions are beyond reproach - there have been well documented, if rare, cases of abuse of PoWs, for example - and it's right that Amnesty call out that when it occurs.

Now, I think they misjudged in the report that sparked this off, but the idea that it's a fundamental failing of the organisation? Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom