Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Part of the point of organisations like Amnesty International is that they don't ignore transgressions by those who are, overall, in the right. Anyone who takes a minute to look at Amensty's website and look at their reports "[a]s Russia continues its war against Ukraine" (their words, not mine) can see they have continually called out Russia's atrocities in Ukraine. The fact that Ukraine are indisputably the victim in Russian aggression doesn't mean that their actions are beyond reproach - there have been well documented, if rare, cases of abuse of PoWs, for example - and it's right that Amnesty call out that when it occurs.

Now, I think they misjudged in the report that sparked this off, but the idea that it's a fundamental failing of the organisation? Nah.

Sometimes it's best to just keep quiet. Amnesty clearly haven't learned that.

In order to stand any chance of repelling Russia, Ukraine have to defend the urban centres. You can't do that without actually defending them. There are 2 alternatives, they just let Russia in and do God knows what to the civilians or they forcibly remove the civilians which Amnesty will also whinge about.

Soldato
I would expect an objective organization to put a disclaimer of sorts on the specific attacks that kill civilians but were nonetheless targeting military targets.

So if Russia bombs a hospital that kills a bunch of sick people but the hospital was also being used to launch rockets from the roof, well just say so.

I still view the term "war crimes" as redundant, and generally think efforts to make war more palatable and less ugly are short-sighted.

Associate
I would expect an objective organization to put a disclaimer of sorts on the specific attacks that kill civilians but were nonetheless targeting military targets.

So if Russia bombs a hospital that kills a bunch of sick people but the hospital was also being used to launch rockets from the roof, well just say so.

I still view the term "war crimes" as redundant, and generally think efforts to make war more palatable and less ugly are short-sighted.
No ones allowed to give 'military information' included what may have been a target. It's against Ukraine law. 12 years in prison for reporting.
Reporters not done a great job on reporting the restriction they are under.
Unlike Iraq where the reporters were at at pains to constantly underline the restrictions on reporting.

Soldato
The next best thing would be to just remain conspicuously silent on cetain attacks that kill civilians (but are legit military targets).

-yet continue to make noise about similar attacks that lack a military target.

Soldato
I think Amnesty International is going to feel a fair bit of (deserved) pain as funding will get withdrawn after writing an article that allows Russia to invade a country, kill a bunch of civilians, then use it to point the finger of blame at Ukraine, who are defending themselves.

Anyone supporting Amnesty at this point is imo a horrid person and the organisation deserves to perish.

If Amnesty International are going to act as a propaganda outfit then they are more of a PR firm than a charity. Their tax free status should be reviewed.

Shamnesty International.

Ah the caring, "moral" Left Wing on OCUK a showing just how lovely they are.

Just a reminder, AI published lots (literally dozens) of "Russia Bad" articles and everyone wildly applauded then for it, but when they dared to say one single negative thing about Ukraine, over something Ukraine agreed is a fact, suddenly they're a hate target for the Left Wing who now announce that AI is a pro-Putin workshop of bile and disgust etc.

As mentioned above, there are a large amount of people here who believe themselves to be "moral", yet are also the same people who want to cover up potential war crimes because the "good guys" did it, slam AI as pro-Putin over 1 single factual report vs their dozens of anti-Russia ones and have genuinely demanded the wiping out of entire countries (millions of men, women and children) and even the torture and murder of individuals - Are you guys sure you're "moral" when you look at that list of "evil"?

Don

Just a reminder, AI published lots (literally dozens) of "Russia Bad" articles and everyone wildly applauded then for it, but when they dared to say one single negative thing about Ukraine, over something Ukraine agreed is a fact, suddenly they're a hate target for the Left Wing who now announce that AI is a pro-Putin workshop of bile and disgust etc.

As mentioned above, there are a large amount of people here who believe themselves to be "moral", yet are also the same people who want to cover up potential war crimes because the "good guys" did it, slam AI as pro-Putin over 1 single factual report vs their dozens of anti-Russia ones and have genuinely demanded the wiping out of entire countries (millions of men, women and children) and even the torture and murder of individuals - Are you guys sure you're "moral" when you look at that list of "evil"?
Are the people quoted calling for Russia to be wiped off the map? I know a couple of people in here have said that, but was it these fellas or are you trying to straw man them?

Caporegime

I have no patience for prevaricating when our enemies gather at the gate.

Soldato

Selectively quote what I said to suit you own agenda much ? Welcome to the ignore list along with Amnesia, Custor etc.

Soldato
Can't say I disagree with that statement.

The report provided isn't "truth" by any measure, it's one-sided at best, apparently Russia didn't allow them to investigate on their occupied territory, wonder why, could be they have more to hide?

I have no patience for siding with the aggressor in this conflict, which I don't see as justified at all, if they don't want a humanitarian crisis or dead civilians, they found their way in, they can find their way back out.

Associate
Sometimes it's best to just keep quiet. Amnesty clearly haven't learned that.

In order to stand any chance of repelling Russia, Ukraine have to defend the urban centres. You can't do that without actually defending them. There are 2 alternatives, they just let Russia in and do God knows what to the civilians or they forcibly remove the civilians which Amnesty will also whinge about.
Yep of course they do.
Those urban centres are going to get hit in the fighting - the nature of war. It's ****.
That's the horrible decision if its your land.
There's a reason every country prefers to fight on other people land.
The maths is easier if 'they' are subhuman.

Anmesty international...not being one of the waring parties get to so say please be mindful of the people... no matter what side they are on. What a bunch of ****s! Aweful.

Last edited:
Soldato

You are falling into the trap of just seeing what you want to see. Like the torture discussion the other day where you seemed to ascribe the people advocating torture on that mercenary to the 'left wing' people on OCUK, its nonsense. Not withstanding I was the person who argued against it, and I would definitely be put in that category of the left by a lot of people on here, there were plenty of people who agreed with it that are on the 'right wing' side of OCUK.

Peoples affinity to whether production should be state controlled or privately controlled doesn't really have much bearing on the issues you are trying to apply to them, it's more to do with how Authoritarian or Liberal they are, which has nothing to do with right or left.

Associate
Amnesty International claims they are funded by individuals, well if that's the case I can only imagine those donations are from a handful of wealthy backers aka Oligarchs.
During the 1970s, Seán MacBride and Martin Ennals led Amnesty International. Sean Macbride was an IRA command had links and aided the USSR spying and received funding from them. How Amnesty International could have had him as a leader in the 1970s is beyond belief. Amnesty International have clear links to the USSR and in turn today's Russia.

Ask the same question to the random Twitter account, too lol

Why?

I treat everything on twitter as dubious. I only see what people post since i do not use it.

But when someone comes on and posts that that person is a clown and lying then surely they must know something to prove the other is incorrect/lying

Some people just get so triggered when they see something they don't like, and are so full of their own self importance.

Associate
During the 1970s, Seán MacBride and Martin Ennals led Amnesty International. Sean Macbride was an IRA command had links and aided the USSR spying and received funding from them. How Amnesty International could have had him as a leader in the 1970s is beyond belief. Amnesty International have clear links to the USSR and in turn today's Russia.
You make that sound as it happened during the Troubles though.
That he was around when the Black and Tans were running amok in Ireland might have had something to do with him and the IRA turning to the USSR in the old "my enemey's enemy is my friend" (which is usually not true but a far too common sentiment abused by all imperial powers for centuries).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom