Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
As I hoped they would do, the Russians started trying to repair the bridge and had machinery sitting on the bridge, it's these machines and supplies that are on fire

But a week ago, the Russians also stationed some of their reflector mirror "defences" near the bridge to make missiles and rockets miss their target. Guess it didn't work

Caporegime
I was confused when it said antiradiation, but reading some more they mean anti radar.

Some rumours that they may have some f-16s

Nah do they mean antiradiation, it's not just radar but other sources of electromagnetic radiation which can be targeted by them too.

F-16s sound like the least plausible explanation here tbh.. though post the link if you still have it available.

Soldato
Soldato
Late to the party here.

How many people here actually read the Amnesty report?

I did, it seemed reasonably well researched and written. I can't see the findings would have been that surprising to anyone.

I did NOT read it. Which is why I have barely commented on it. I'm more interested in the war rather than getting side track with this stuff.

Soldato
Pinch of salt with any info, but people talking about theories in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/wiifv2/ukraine_began_to_use_american_agm88_harm/
I'm getting tired of hearing how one particular weapon system is a "game changer". We've had this with the M777's, NLAW's/Javelins, Bayraktars, HIMARS and now HARM. None of these weapons single handed win you a war but a combination of all them working together in coordination combined with sensible tactics and trained soldiers.

Man of Honour
I'm getting tired of hearing how one particular weapon system is a "game changer". We've had this with the M777's, NLAW's/Javelins, Bayraktars, HIMARS and now HARM. None of these weapons single handed win you a war but a combination of all them working together in coordination combined with sensible tactics and trained soldiers.

Without some of the light anti-armour/anti-air weapons Ukraine likely would have lost large parts of the country by now - it has enabled the territorial and national guard forces, etc. to be combat effective against heavier equipped Russia/Russian backed units with tanks, etc. rather than them only being seriously challenged when coming up against regular Ukraine army forces.

Likewise some of the bigger drones have given Ukraine an intel edge they'd have otherwise lacked - it isn't necessarily a game changer in terms of winning, but a game changer in terms of not taking huge losses already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom