Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beware the incoming videos of shooting at empty buildings?

EDIT: I'm curious on the forces here. I did read something the other day (Might have been a link from here) that claimed DPR forces were effectively all dead and done with, and that only Russian forces remained. Wondering if the real objective is to replace RUF defensive manpower in DPR with Chechen so RUF can be freed up.
Second thought here is, I wonder about his vulnerability back home if he sends out another group of forces to die.

Last edited:
Why is Russia's super awesome missile detector like half the height and a quarter of the width of the ones the USSR used? (most of which which fell down due to disrepair).

Methinks they're overstating it's performance.

They say fragment but looked like a full missile to me coming down. People were fine as it missed the car thankfully.
So even though PMC Wagner claims to have captured all of Bakhmut, their still taking casualties as they leave (80 dead and 119 wounded)

Already had this argument with Roar.

That Wagner dude was responsible for capturing Bakhmut, he put himself up for the job.

So he freed 50k prisoners to do it on a 6 month contract, the deal was fight for 6 months be free after that.

After the 6 months was nearly up he started to say the job was done, he captured Bachmut, but he hasn't, whilst he held a lot of it the Ukraine still has a foothold and the battles are still raging there. not only raging but Ukraine is encircling them.

My theory, and its just my theory although it makes sense to me. (I often live in my own little world) is that the six months was up so the prisoners contracts were up the were now free men.

20 thousand of them are known to have died 30k now free to go rape and pillage like the criminals they are and they were still far away from capturing it. He has no one to fight for him now except probably some of his Mercs who he will not want killed as not only is it an impossible task, they are probably keeping him alive from assassination.

Wagner dude is now in the ****, 20k dead 30k no longer needs for fight so what do you do?

He does what they always do, he lies, claims victory and ****** off leaving the Russians to fight it now, result, well Russians are the ones dying now.

Bakhmut more or less back to square one

I'd be quite surprised if they are just allowed to return to Russia to cause trouble. I'd expect to see them deployed somewhere else, especially as the Ukranian offensive is due to start. Not many of that 30k will be going home intact IMO.

Last edited:
Why is Russia's super awesome missile detector like half the height and a quarter of the width of the ones the USSR used? (most of which which fell down due to disrepair).

Methinks they're overstating it's performance.
It's entirely possible the picture is for one that does a different role (closer in, but more accurate position), or simply newer, IIRC the old USSR one was at best 70's tech and very much brute force, newer units are far more sensitive and thus don't need the same power output to get a usable return.
Similar to how modern "directional" radar doesn't need a moving dish as it's able to (from memory) steer the beam electronically from a number of smaller emitters in an array (or at least it's able to within a certain arc), using what I understand is basically the same technology that 5g uses to get many more phones connected in a relatively small area (by trying to aim the signal at say a small section of a stadium, then doing the same with the same frequencies at another part, thus increasing the capacity in that range several times over).

Last edited:

People seem to forget sometimes Russia is a nuclear armed country and while they might not be utilising them in the current conflict someone invading Russia properly is a very different ballgame and almost certainly will see the utilisation of tactical if not strategic nuclear weapons if Russia can't deal with it conventionally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom