Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free Russia Legion just causing trouble/distraction it seems. Not a bad thing as such. Certainly embarrassing for Russia if territory is taken and held though. No hold of territory exists so far as I can tell, only skirmish and retreat.

I am concerned that those in the FRL also contain neo-nazi types etc. I hope that doesn't turn into a problem in the long run.
Long term there are big problems beyond a few neo-nazi types in eastern Europe. The way things are going Russia looks like it's heading for a complete collapse, if that happens I can see lots of regional conflicts flaring up between neighbouring states (similar to what we saw in Europe during the 90's in Yugoslavia) once there is no local enforcer/suppressor in the form of Russia. The obvious one that will kick of first will be between Armenia and Azerbaijan, the Islamic areas like Dagestan and Chechenia will most likely want to split away and become new states, on top of all that you have the issue of all of it's nuclear weapons Russia has littered all over place.

Long term there are big problems beyond a few neo-nazi types in eastern Europe. The way things are going Russia looks like it's heading for a complete collapse, if that happens I can see lots of regional conflicts flaring up between neighbouring states (similar to what we saw in Europe during the 90's in Yugoslavia) once there is no local enforcer/suppressor in the form of Russia. The obvious one that will kick of first will be between Armenia and Azerbaijan, the Islamic areas like Dagestan and Chechenia will most likely want to split away and become new states, on top of all that you have the issue of all of it's nuclear weapons Russia has littered all over place.

Russia looks weak, the vultures are circling. The perception that russia is a force to be reckoned with has gone. Only nukes and cheap energy are keeping others inline, but modern warfare is less black and white than it used to be.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree unfortunately. The fall out from Putins stupidity will last for years, even decades.

It's a interesting problem.

Take a load of criminals, teach them to kill, put them through some hellish stuff, give them access to weapons and then what do you do with the survivors at the end? You can't kill them, you can't imprison them, just turn them lose?
Be a brave man to tell 30k heavily armed nut job prisoners freed after they did their time that they aren't free after all and it off to the front lines for them.

They probably wont be sent back to jail and they probably will try a send them to the front but theyre not going back to Bakhmut, the regular army is in place there now.

there is a couple people here who monitor flights

Can you find an update on this one?

Didn't spot it and doesn't seem to be information on which aircraft ident wise - there is one around that time (reg RA-89108) which disappeared off tracking at ~7K feet north of Moscow with an unknown status. It doesn't appear to have squawked 7700 or a similar emergency at any point though. It has had a couple of incidents in recent flights though. Wasn't flying in from Ulyanovsk though so ignore that.

Can see all the departures from Ulyanovsk here: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/ulv/departures doesn't seem to be any Rossiya flights which match the time and none of them seem to have flagged an emergency I can see.

Closest I can find it https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/su6076#3087c64d which had a little bit of an oddity mid-flight but seems to have landed OK.

Last edited:
Be a brave man to tell 30k heavily armed nut job prisoners freed after they did their time that they aren't free after all and it off to the front lines for them.

They probably wont be sent back to jail and they probably will try a send them to the front but theyre not going back to Bakhmut, the regular army is in place there now.
Exactly. If you quietly "disappear" them the others will catch on very quickly.

Well there's nothing about Wagner sending them home in Prighozins latest statements, just that they will be 'resting' for a month in Ukraine.

Sadly they could well be the reserves/force mobilised to quickly rush to the site of any breach during the counter-offensive. Wagner's boss will want another shot at portraying them as the "heroes" to the domestic audience in Russia.

Sadly they could well be the reserves/force mobilised to quickly rush to the site of any breach during the counter-offensive. Wagner's boss will want another shot at portraying them as the "heroes" to the domestic audience in Russia.
I bet that's exactly the plan. With luck intelligence will find out where they are and drop a few missiles on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom