Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
It's the long term impact that needs to be considered, not just the immediate sad and awful bloodshed. :(

Such a mess - hope that **** Putin ***** off...

How will the general population of Russia respond to this?

Do we think they’ll just be ok with what’s happening, or do we think there will be public outcry?

I think as people they're quite nationalistic and proud - but I think many are also keen to be more European / Western so it could percolate into something a bit more, but the Russian propaganda / oppression machine is quite powerful.

Caporegime
This whole disaster is significantly more scary than covid. At least covid was predictable.

Putin is a lunatic.
Russia feeling under threat from nato. What a ridiculous thing to think. Its blatantly an excuse to invade. But it's concerning. I just hope he's not lost it and this is a "get em before they join nato" thing.

Only if he's mad would he go for a nato country. But is he.

Its 2022 and one man can still decimate the world. We haven't really moved on as a species.

Man of Honour
From the pace this is unfolding at I think Russia is hoping most Ukrainians will put down their weapons rather than fight - nominally after long range strikes against AD, airbases, command and supply they'd usually follow it up much quicker with massed cruise missile and artillery and aircraft before rolling the ground offensive.

Man of Honour
This whole disaster is significantly more scary than covid. At least covid was predictable.

Putin is a lunatic.
Russia feeling under threat from nato. What a ridiculous thing to think. Its blatantly an excuse to invade. But it's concerning. I just hope he's not lost it and this is a "get em before they join nato" thing.

Only if he's mad would he go for a nato country. But is he.

Its 2022 and one man can still decimate the world. We haven't really moved on as a species.

Agreed. covid wasn't/isn't scary at all tbh, not compared to the long term and short term issues Putin can bring to the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom