Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You're moving the goalposts.

First you said 'We/America stuck nukes on their borders.'

Now you say 'nukes or army bases near the Russians' (how near, exactly?)

Please choose a claim and stick to it. When I finally know which version you're using, I'll know what I'm responding to.
My bad the Nukes are not stuck literally on the dotted line that defines the russian border. :rolleyes:

Soldato
You probably should as he effectively holds the UK response and your well being or otherwise in his hands.

Absolutely in agreement with that, doesn't matter which official the statement is coming from, what they say is what holds weight.

Man of Honour
I didn't say that.

Evidence that the west tried to expand their influence? Here is a great link someone posted earlier.

I don't care this doesn't greatly affect the security of the UK. It is unfortunate that there will be bloodshed and people displaced from their homes.

Acting like there isn't a power play going on between two superpowers and this is all one sided aggression is dumb and naive.

I think there may well be cyber warfare and potential Russian meddling in the UK - so I think to say there isn't any security concerns in the UK is a little wishful thinking.

Caporegime
Even if there were nukes on said border, it would be at the allowance of the host country who may not enjoy having it's sovereignty questioned every time the Kremlin farts.

Soldato
I'm not in slightest interested in what Boris has to say. It will be the completely predictable :

This is really bad
We are supporting how we can
These sanctions are tough
We have more sanctions to come.
What else can we do? Declare war, send troops, launch a nuclear strike?

We're utterly powerless to intervene.

Soldato
uZmn3UO.jpg

Just an image. But unbelievable. Absolutely abhorrent.

Yeah I mean it's abhorrent if you don't read the entire quote in context and look at the image as if it was taken yesterday, but I suppose thinking like this put Biden in the Whitehouse and made the current situation more likely, has Joe woken up from his nap yet by the way?

Soldato
No one in NATO want's call Putin's bluff... and the little man knows that, so he'll get away with what he wants, and take what he wants like the petulant child he is.

It's pretty sad that we're powerless to help really - and it sucks for the Ukrainians that want to be part of Europe and nothing to do with Russia.
It's all just a big game, Putin won't call nato's bluff and risk invading a member state the shame is that it is the people of the Ukraine that will suffer. Nobody is going to help the Ukraine our government can't even roll out the 'oven ready' sanctions package just lots of hot air from Truss and Johnson, I just hope it is over quickly and the bloodshed is minimal the Ukrainian army stand no chance and there is little point in killing thousands and destroying half the countries infrastructure in a pointless struggle.

Soldato
@BowdonUK
5pm is the time Boris speaks in the House of Commons.
He said he's speak to the nation on tv 'this morning' - time unknown.
He'll just be saying "this is bad, we will impose sanctions later" so wouldn't worry too much about missing it.

Thanks for the clarification.

I hear you about we'll probably just hear hot air from Boris.

I'm personally against getting involved in the conflict or even the argument about Ukraine. But seen as we are then the West needs to act decisively. I would impose sanctions on Russia, Belerus, and Turkey if they have been involved. We could probably do more effective damage to the smaller countries.

We're currently half in and half out. Typical of our British government modus operandi.

Man of Honour
It's all just a big game, Putin won't call nato's bluff and risk invading a member state the shame is that it is the people of the Ukraine that will suffer. Nobody is going to help the Ukraine our government can't even roll out the 'oven ready' sanctions package just lots of hot air from Truss and Johnson, I just hope it is over quickly and the bloodshed is minimal the Ukrainian army stand no chance and there is little point in killing thousands and destroying half the countries infrastructure in a pointless struggle.

It's a game with innocent people's lives though :(

Caporegime
From what I've seen Russia carried out strategic missiles strikes against Ukrainian military infrastructure, even so far to the west as Lviv, we have videos of that so this is more or less confirmed at this point.

There were some reports that DNR/LNR started an offensive and taking towns on the Ukrainian side of demilitarised zone.

I have not heard of anything to suggest that Russia is entering Kyiv or any other regions.

Is this correct or is there evidence of full scale invasion across various fronts?

That is incorrect, Russian armour crossing from Crimea and Belarus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom