Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Putin started this thing demanding NATO off their borders and suddenly he achieves the opposite, finland and sweden consider joining, invasion of ukraine doesnt go well.

Also, i was thinking, there are plenty of long range weapons, why does it matter if you have a neighboring country is in NATO, NATO could strike from long range easily.

I really don't get Putin's view on this, the more he moves his border west the closer he will be to a NATO border (but granted the further from Moscow). The issue I have is that I am idealist, and I struggle to see why we can't all get on for all our greater good, but I'm not a person with personal selfish motives. The main fkin bugbear to me is that the majority of the world leaders are so damn narrow minded and only focus on the here and now, and don't appreciate that we as a species are so advantaged in our luck to inhabit such a welcoming world, and we have cretins who are willing to put this all at risk. I'm not a green namby pamby, but the sooner we can put all this rubbish to bed the damn better......if we're gonna be obliterated I'd rather it be by a damn asteroid smashing into earth than some deluded leader with an agenda with nukes, at least that would be out of our control, I despise humanity sometimes.

** Mad rant over - slighty drunk too**

Last edited:
Soldato
There's the caveat it could be propaganda to keep morale high within Ukraine, a lot of information war going on from everyone

This is brilliant another Cyka Blyat to the Russians!

You think ? Looking at videos of arresting protestors I don't think it would be long before they revert back to overt Commie Iron Fist instead of their illusion of freedom they've been allowed the last few decades
There were a load more protestors today. In North Korea no one would dare protest or even say anything negative. The Russians could very easily have an uprising. The economic sanctions should cause enough chaos through starving the population of money and trade. They’ll be on the roof of the Kremlin when they can’t eat anymore.

Soldato
A lot of countries are beginning to close their airspace to anything Russian as well, Soon Russia will be alone in the world but that is worrying, it will become another North Korea, but it will be a nuclear capable North Korea....

This is so bizarre as well, how could they screw up so badly in regards logistics and supplying the advancing forces
Maybe, just maybe the forces don't want to fight and are sabotaging themselves

Soldato
NATO has the ability to beat Russia in a conventional war, but I can't think of a way to muster that amount of force in such a way that Putin doesn't see it coming well in advance. It may have worked as a deterrent in that regard, but we would have to be ready to send our people to die if Putin calls us on the threat.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if China moved on Taiwan while NATO was at war with Russa. NATO vs Russa favors NATO IMO, but Russa+China vs NATO? That's a problem we may not be able to overcome.

-And while no politician will come out and say it, if we can only protect one of the two countries to defend, we pick Taiwan.

Permabanned
NATO has the ability to beat Russia in a conventional war, but I can't think of a way to muster that amount of force in such a way that Putin doesn't see it coming well in advance. It may have worked as a deterrent in that regard, but we would have to be ready to send our people to die if Putin calls us on the threat.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if China moved on Taiwan while NATO was at war with Russa. NATO vs Russa favors NATO IMO, but Russa+China vs NATO? That's a problem.
NATO are a defensive force they are pretty much irrelevant unless Russia advance past Ukraine.

Soldato
Can we please stop this narrative that Putin can just do what he wants? He might be the president of Russia but he wouldnt be able to drop nukes on a bloody whim.

Based on what ? We get it, there's no Red button where the nukes instantly launch, but this is Russia a now obvious dictatorship, don't project how you think Western nations would deal with such a situation into a completely alien country

Maybe, just maybe the forces don't want to fight and are sabotaging themselves

We can hope it is this way

NATO needs to call his bluff at some stage. Personally, I don't want to see Putin and his cronies on the news any longer it's deranged.

How many ships are we going allow them to hit ?? Almost seems like they're intentionally trying to push an all out war

Caporegime
hmm perhaps @Entai will know, he thinks Russia are doing well.

Never said they are doing well.

Said they are not doing badly, big difference.

If its true. Its in the benefit of Ukraine Governments to create media that make Russia look bad right now.

I wouldn't take any of this to be totally true just now.

Anything posted on twitter needs to be taken with several tonnes of salt, with regards to how factually correct it is.

Caporegime
Based on what ? We get it, there's no Red button where the nukes instantly launch, but this is Russia a now obvious dictatorship, don't project how you think Western nations would deal with such a situation into a completely alien country

Yeah but Putin can’t launch them on his own without others assistance. He’s mental, but those around him aren’t.

Soldato
This is really concerning.

Western powers still dragging their feet over sanctions, I would imagine if a NATO country got invaded by the time agreement is reached on a response the country would be lost, too much dithering.

Prequel to WW2 repeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom