Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
is it standard POW policy to appear disoriented? because the russian POW's on camera they appear to have no idea what they were up to. And not having a clue where they were at
Apparently they had no idea they were going to be invading Ukraine. They went for training and then were suddenly invading a country. It seems they know nothing about what is happening.

Caporegime
Would be a good opportunity for China to take back some disputed territory from Russia. Whatever happens Russia is going to be reliant on China, China is going to exploit this.

I suspect that is (in part) why Putin had meetings with Xi.. Obviously I don't think China would be silly enough to go for a big land grab in Siberia but various border disputes could be interesting in areas where the broder isn't clearly defined (as per India).

It's unlikely but the risk is there and Putin obviously wanted to make sure the alliance was strong as he's had to move lots of forces from the Russian east in order to facilitate this invasion leaving it rather undefended!

Soldato
Kyiv is only a couple hours drive from the Belarus border, Baghdad is half way around the world.

I think the difference is probably important.
yes its approx 250 miles from the Russian border, and Bagdad is 450 miles from Kuwait (where we had 100,000 troops) and it still took us a month to get there. That's the point, why did people expect an invading force to take Ukraine in a matter of hours/days?

it took Germany 18 days to conquer Poland at the start of WW2 for example and that's bloody quick.

Soldato
Where did Putin get the idea that the current Ukrainian government is run by Nazis lol. The main party are centrists / populists as far as I can tell.

Never seemed to let facts get in his way before, though.

Soldato
Turkey like Israel has always been neutral on this. Don’t forget Turkey downed a Russian jet not that long ago. They are not friends or enemies but will destroy any Russians that enter its territory.

your point is? NATO should be united , turkey is the only country which didnt follow the rest. The bully of the region now screws the alliance by taking "equal disantaces"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom