Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don’t know much about war, but with the Ukrainian defence going as well as it is, must surely be a huge morale booster for them.

I just hope the west can keep them supplied with decent kit, at least keep them in the game for as long as possible.

Soldato
I think the original plan was to get there like yesterday and depose the current government and install his own.
Not quite working out for him so far. The longer Zelensky can hold out the better.

I understand what you are saying,but if his man in Ukraine couldn't last 8 years ago,how can a puppet government last in western Ukraine,which has been mostly pro-West for years?

Soldato
If this happens he will bring in the big guns. The arsenal to level the city is already in place but not being used, lets pray they dont use them.

Putin is obviously a complete ******* mental case, but I don't think those around him would let him go full-on Grozny in Ukraine. I'd hope that somebody would grow a pair of balls and remove him from power if he ordered the more modern MLRS and artillery systems to start eradicating grid squares with thermobaric warheads.

Soldato
Russia has only thrown in 50% of the stuff it had on the borders, it still has a massive military beyond that

One thing I've wondered about all these supplies, where are they actually coming from ? Current stock of NATO military supplies or surplus supplies ? Perhaps IF Putin has any plan, it's to weaken the West by making them burn all their supplies giving them to the Ukrainians

On your first point - if Puin had more troops, then I suspect that his generals don't want to be losing the rest of them. Given they have the same armour etc. The concern is the ability/tactics - perhaps waiting for the defenders to be tired then send them. However that bored set of troops is probably getting info first hand so how motivated would they be?

I agree- you could say, that to make more... you need microchips.. thus it brings the Taiwan question. Exhaust on cannon fodder, China invade Taiwan to reduce chip production and then Putin invades NATO. Only one flaw.. the NLAW production run was to be 20,000 over 20 years. However I'd expect last year's supply for example or those that are close to be refreshed? Batteries refreshed and sent out.
With (say) 10,000 targets, with a load simply running out of fuel, they'll probably use them all and those from other countries. However not many armies will fight to 100% destruction.

Soldato
Don
Right now putin is trying to win with the tools they hive on the ground now.

The longer this goes on at stalemate though the more desperate he will become.

If this happens he will bring in the big guns. The arsenal to level the city is already in place but not being used, lets pray they dont use them.

They start using thermobaric missiles it will be a short war.

We need to hope that the discontent in the Kremlin stops that from happening.
At the moment, it doesn't look like Russia have air superiority, so they would be sitting ducks if they try and use them anywhere near the front line, especially at it seems Ukrainians are carrying out ground attack sorties to great effect.

Soldato
I don’t know much about war, but with the Ukrainian defence going as well as it is, must surely be a huge morale booster for them.

I just hope the west can keep them supplied with decent kit, at least keep them in the game for as long as possible.
We need to keep them supplied until the Russian people turn on the fruitloop, his generals will overthrow him if they get bogged down and the Russian population turns on them

Soldato

Something I did not consider leading up to this was the Ukrainians fighting hard enough to convince the rest of the world to give more help.
It's hard to ignore what they have done in defense of their country thus far.

Soldato
The irony is that while all this is going on we have enough planes and firepower gathered In neighbouring NATO countries to take down every tank and plane Putin has in Ukraine in a heartbeat but leaders are too chicken **** to use them.

Associate
I have seen videos of Ukranians with ex British Iraq uniform and MLAWs.

If the Russians have to take the fight to the Ukranians in Kiev its going to be bad for the Russians. I don't think this is going entirely well for Putin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom