Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
They have family here and, therefore, would be considerably cheaper and easier for us to take. If you want to brass tack it (personally, I'd also consider the human aspect of allowing people forced from their homes by war to link up with family, but such empathy seems beyond your ability)

And I'm sure they would likely get a visa if they have family here. Who is checking otherwise?

Also note how it doesn't actually say they are refugees. It could easily just be Ukranians in france wishing to join family in the UK. The fact they don't pull on that thread in the tweet suggests they are unlikely to be refugees.

Also someone has already pointed this out to the firm of solicitors on twitter.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/support...and-ukrainian-nationals-in-ukraine-and-the-uk

Last edited:
Associate
No China isn't happy with this war at all, they will not help.

China rely on Ukrain for iron ore, corn and sunflower oil. As well as that they sell billions to Ukrain every year.

This war has not gone down well with China at all.

They are trying to get Putin to negotiate.

Will Putin survive this huge gamble

Not a chance if he loses, all his cards are on the table with this one.

Soldato
Truly cutting off Russia from the west is most likely going to lead to the one or all of the following outcomes.
Russia gets a lot closer with china and countries in the east. Imagine a nato like alliance between china and Russia.
War in past has previously been fought for resources if Russia gets desperate then expect WW3 to happen.

I suspect that China are attempting furiously to save face internally. Someone said teaming up with Putin was a good idea, bring him across for the Winter Olympics they said, sane chap they said..

Caporegime
I suspect that China are attempting furiously to save face internally. Someone said teaming up with Putin was a good idea, bring him across for the Winter Olympics they said, sane chap they said..

They moment they said it wasn't an invasion and then it being so very clear that it was in fact an invasion is the moment they knew they'd made a rather important error as it impacts on their own plans in the future.

Plus the reality of a war with a hostile populace being livestreamed to Beijing has probably got them on edge regarding Taiwan.

Caporegime
They moment they said it wasn't an invasion and then it being so very clear that it was in fact an invasion is the moment they knew they'd made a rather important error as it impacts on their own plans in the future.
Putins first mistake was claiming a region could become recognised as being independent, as someone tweeted about days ago.

Probably should have said he's reunifying Russia

Soldato
I’m not sure what this will do for gas supplies, the Russians need the money more than ever.
You can pretty much expect the price of gas and electricity to increase by at least the same amount they did over the past 12 months.

All those energy providers who recently offered fixed tariffs to try and amass customers must be absolutely filling their pants right now.

Soldato

Plus the reality of a war with a hostile populace being livestreamed to Beijing has probably got them on edge regarding Taiwan.

China are patient. They will play the long game as they've seen the short game from Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom