Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The eu are useless thank god for NATO, a eu army would be a terrible idea

The EU is still a composition of sovereign states, the EU itself wasn't the problem and that problem no longer exists as the states are now united in response.

Should also probably note that this all started with Ukraine protests regarding EU membership.

Man of Honour
Doesn't quite tally up with other news and messages I've recieved from friends and colleagues who are there. But hey ho, I guess your intelligence is sound.

Only seems to be the case in the last few hours - since dawn (Ukraine time) this morning they seem to be pushing a few more experienced troops forward than before. The videos just started to surface in the last 40 minutes or so.

Caporegime
How long will they keep trying at what point to they call it off?

That's the billion Ruble question right now (which may be worth very little come Monday). How many lives is Putin prepared to squander. What's his way out?

- tens of thousands of young Russians dead in a drawn out conflict and economic ruin for Russia?
- negotiate an end? How can he possibly save face? Ukraine will join NATO and likely so will Sweden/Finland. Leading the Russians to be even more isolated.
- just pack up, go home and blame it on someone else?
- Russia oust Putin? It was unthinkable before this

Last edited:
Soldato
Russia's idea of 'negotiation' is to attempt to host it in a country that also attacked Ukraine, clearly just a tactic to imply Ukraine doesn't want to talk and to try to gain credibility for their spurious accusations that Ukraine is the aggressor.

Hopefully Kyiv can hold out for a few more days because a tragedy of the commons is about to hit Russia's populace when they begin to realise what's happened to their economy.

Yep and hopefully they will seek out the truth of what's happening in the war, in fact I suspect Putin will start cracking down on their internet access, social media, western news outlet etc will all get blocked.

Associate
It might have been said on here already but if Putin gets Ukraine he will still have NATO Countries as neighbours, I think he is really using it to divert from what he really wants. The dam he blew up as one for instance

Soldato
Or until he fires more damaging weapons.
Is there a chance Russia could use biological weapons
You can't rule it out but I would wager he wouldn't go there. Hitler, Satlin and Saddam Hussein all could have used biological weapons (Saddam I believe did use it in the Iraq/Iran war) on invading forces but never followed through on it due to the repercussions.

Soldato
Or until he fires more damaging weapons.
Is there a chance Russia could use biological weapons

No. Last thing Putin wants is his troops bringing biologicals back into Russia and for them to spread. Chemicals - possibly, but then that's gassing the society he wants in the Russian federation. It would also be plain to see.

It looks like they're mobilising additional forces via air - through russia and India.

Soldato
You can't rule it out but I would wager he wouldn't go there. Hitler, Satlin and Saddam Hussein all could have used biological weapons (Saddam I believe did use it in the Iraq/Iran war) on invading forces but never followed through on it due to the repercussions.

Iraq had viable bio/chem weapons for GW1 because they were left over from their 9 year war with Iran. He used them on the Marsh Arabs in southern Iraq after Coalition forces stopped at Iraq’s southern border after liberating Kuwait.

These had ceased to be viable by GW2 which is why they weren’t used. US/U.K. assets searching for WMDs in Iraq found less then they would if they’d searched the janitor’s storeroom at Porton Down.

Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom