Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The UK was among the first together with the US to call out Putins intentions on this, long before the EU. Also arming the Ukraine with anti tank and anti air defense. In fact the UK has stiffened the EU response hugely, calling out the Germans for their 5000 helmets. I don't think they would have had such a robust response quite so quickly. It is also slightly ironic that Russia blames the UK (Truss) for their nuclear 'special alerts', she is not that scary.

As much as I hate Boris Johnsons domestic record I do think he's not put a foot wrong on this crisis.

Have to agree. Truss and Patel not so much.

Soldato
As much as I hate Boris Johnsons domestic record I do think he's not put a foot wrong on this crisis.

Yes he has matured but I'm not sure that really diverts from the previous points, nor the actions of Truss or Patel..

It will put a microscope on the current finances of the political system. I suspect that in a way it will bring the UK and EU together closer, with their unique differences.

Irrespective of Brexit - the UK needs the EU and can't stand alone.

With the China/Russian military pacts this reduces the number of Brexit trade partners considerably.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Considering it could get out of hand very quickly and there is a possibility of skirmishes if Russia decides it’s had enough and wants to push through Europe Nazi Germany style then they need to be ready.

Russia simply don't have the capability to "push through Europe" by the looks of things.

Soldato
I despise Boris with a passion but I honestly think the UK has done well arming them etc first. I also think it's enough now and NATO / The whole world needs to basically call his bluff if Belarus are invading as well we should be able to say thats fine all the countries around them can invade as well. You do not get to say its my sandbox stay out or I will nuke you and expect no repercussions.

Capodecina
Soldato
I despise Boris with a passion but I honestly think the UK has done well arming them etc first. I also think it's enough now and NATO / The whole world needs to basically call his bluff if Belarus are invading as well we should be able to say thats fine all the countries around them can invade as well. You do not get to say its my sandbox stay out or I will nuke you and expect no repercussions.

Agreed. Some good points here this morning. Maybe OCUK is not losing it :p

Soldato
Indeed, we've learned from WWII. If we go in with troops this will get EVEN WORSE.

We have to do what we can without sending troops in. Armchair warfare, basically. We cannot engage on their level.

What Putin and Xi want is that EU/UK get dragged into a troop war with Russia on one front then China start up and open a second front on the opposite side with the US.. hence UK/EU are on their own. Not sure it went entirely to plan though.. although someone seems to be attempting to keep up with the agreed plan in terms of threats and communications.

Soldato
Lets hope Ukraine has some way of damaging that convoy, shame they weren't able to block the road somehow at pinch points but even BBC news is reporting that those EU funded jets are now being collected in Poland.

With such a huge force waiting to go in though do you think this is going to be an old fashioned surround the city and force a surrender, how they could they ever claim to be "liberating" Kyiv if they just flatten it.

Soldato
The Belarus guy openly admits he's a dictator.

I think there is going to be a point were Putin is going to send a message to Nato countries sending arms to Ukraine.

Nato would easily beat Russia.

Associate
What Putin and Xi want is that EU/UK get dragged into a troop war with Russia on one front then China start up and open a second front on the opposite side with the US.. hence UK/EU are on their own. Not sure it went entirely to plan though.. although someone seems to be attempting to keep up with the agreed plan in terms of threats and communications.

Nato wouldn't need to send troops, air power could pretty much destroy the Russian advance.

Associate
AFAIK there is a lack of satnav gear in general among their troops thus lots of units are getting lost (and subsequently ambushed/destroyed) after initial contacts/ambushes cause forces to disperse/change route and get lost. Also partly explains the troops stopping to ask for directions or running low on fuel (on top of the issue with logistics/supply trucks being hit).

Surely they can't be solely reliant on GPS, have they not heard of a map and compass!.

'Mag to grid, get rid & grid to mag, add' I can still remember it from my square bashing days at Depot Lichfield :D.

Soldato

I saw a video showing us sending dozens of c17's full of arms during January. We did very well to preempt this, which is probably the difference between Ukraine winning and losing.

Caporegime
BREAKING: Russia's Foreign Minister says Ukraine still has Soviet nuclear technology and that this danger must be responded to

More manufactured threats

He also said Russia finds it unacceptable for former Soviet states to host US nuclear weapons...

But , so what? They can find it unacceptable all they like , but they don't get to dictate what these countries now do.

Caporegime
I don't know about you guys but I feel we are getting closer to some even more barbaric tactics being used. The slow progress is peeing off putin.

The west meddling is increasing their frustration.

The ridiculous statements coming from the kremlin are escalating.

If anything it feels if they are gearing up for something truly grotesque.

Probably trying to bait nato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom