Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What bull**** is this.

The "problems" are imagined and dreamt up by the Kremlin. They dont respect the positions of all countries or equality. They just invaded one, expect others to not be able to do what they want in terms of NATO membership, and now don't think any country in Europe should be allowed to have nuclear weapons. Completely and utterly deluded.

If you think their concerns are false then prepare for a military solutions. If we choose to label Russia's concerns are illegitimate and hence not worthy of a diplomatic solutions then we need to massively invest into missile defence technology and start preparing for WW3, stop any and all trade with the Russian state, enact full embargo etc etc.

If you do not like the above then you'd have to acknowledge Russian concerns and work together for a solution.

I hope I do not need to explain to you why people prefer the diplomatic approach.

Man of Honour
As much as I think nukes are a possibility. I still can't believe it is a genuine possibility.

Does that make sense?

I think I can accept one mental **** can want it. But I can't believe that's all it takes.

I think we'll still see increasing iterations of attempts at compellence and tit for tat actions before it goes anywhere near direct nuclear action.

Stuff like trying to level the playing field with regard to banks/financial institutions and markets which might include sabotage, other attempts to intimidate by displays of their power which may including demonstrative use of nuclear.

Soldato
If you do not like the above then you'd have to acknowledge Russian concerns and work together for a solution.

I hope I do not need to explain to you why people prefer the diplomatic approach.

Eh?

Western leaders were pleading with the Russians to move their forces back away from Ukraine only 7-10 days ago, the Russians even said they were moving them back and lied, how the heck do you engage in diplomacy with this?

All of the time - against a country which poses no harm to them.

Edit - even the speech Putin made about the "special operation" he was conducting, was pre-recorded from several days before..

Caporegime
If you think their concerns are false then prepare for a military solutions. If we choose to label Russia's concerns are illegitimate and hence not worthy of a diplomatic solutions then we need to massively invest into missile defence technology and start preparing for WW3, stop any and all trade with the Russian state, enact full embargo etc etc.

Their concerns have no merit and are not based in any sort of reality. Russia does and will not ever be able to decide what other European county's do on their soil. The notion that they think they can force the English and French to give up their nuclear weapons is clearly absurd.

Due to their own diplomatic, cultural and political failings they have not been able to spread their influence as well as Western democracy has , and that is all on them.

Soldato

You realise this is the same Russia that attacked and refused to really try and discuss it right? they just made demands and said no negotiations possible.

This isn't a normal/sane Russia we are dealing with, and from what I can see, this isn't even a strong Russia, having to ask for help from other countries just to even try and defeat Ukraine proves it, they look weak.

Soldato
Eh?

Western leaders were pleading with the Russians to move their forces back away from Ukraine only 7-10 days ago, the Russians even said they were moving them back and lied, how the heck do you engage with diplomacy with this?

US could have formally said that Ukraine cannot join NATO and the invasion would not have happened. If invasion still happens because Putin might have just gone crazy then NATO can say that nullifies their pledge for neutral Ukraine and nothing changes from current situation.

Caporegime
As much as I think nukes are a possibility. I still can't believe it is a genuine possibility.

Does that make sense?

I think I can accept one mental **** can want it. But I can't believe that's all it takes.

There is a very slim possibility small tactical battlefield nukes might get used in ukraine, if it really looks like the Russians are being forced backwards.

IF that happens NATO will not react and not retaliate.

Putin knows that as NATO have been extremely clear from day one Putin can do anything in ukraine, as ukraine is not a member of NATO.

NATO will only ever retaliate if a member country is attacked directly, and fallout drifting over, is NOT being attacked directly.

So all this worrying over UK being targetted, is tripe.

There is more chance of Trump launching a nuke at the UK tomorrow,, than putin launching one at us at any point this year.

No matter how mad people make putin out to be, he is not suicidal.

Caporegime
US could have formally said that Ukraine cannot join NATO and the invasion would not have happened. If invasion still happens because Putin might have just gone crazy then NATO can say that nullifies their pledge for neutral Ukraine and nothing changes from current situation.

Russia doesn't get to decide whether Ukraine wants to join NATO or not.

Also, that wasn't his only demand. He wanted Ukraine to demilitarise and promise neutrality.

All of these are totally unreasonable demands.

Soldato
You realise this is the same Russia that attacked and refused to really try and discuss it right? they just made demands and said no negotiations possible.

This isn't a normal/sane Russia we are dealing with, and from what I can see, this isn't even a strong Russia, having to ask for help from other countries just to even try and defeat Ukraine proves it, they look weak.

Well actually there were discussions. Russia wanted security guarantees and NATO replied that a countries right to choose their own alliances is sacred. For Russia, Ukraine in NATO is existential threat.

Soldato
Russia doesn't get to decide whether Ukraine wants to join NATO or not.

Also, that wasn't his only demand. He wanted Ukraine to demilitarise and promise neutrality.

All of these are totally unreasonable demands.

Quite, it's silly - he was never going to engage in diplomacy unless everybody caved in and gave him what he wanted (life just isn't like that eh?) so he decided to create a massive bloody mess over it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom