Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Getting crazy in Russia. It is going full bore back to communism right now. Banning everything and everyone that doesn't agree with the war/Pootin.

Russia citizens even if they haven't posted online are getting visits from the police saying things like "we heard you don't agree with the government".

Part of the benefits that Putin wanted I suspect.

just gives me the chills now the government here is copying the same trend.

Man of Honour
"Russia is expected to seize Kyiv in the next 4-6 weeks. The war overall is likely to last 10 or 15 or 20 years and “ultimately, Russia will lose” - US officials speaking to CBS and Congress"

Not sure I'd agree with that assessment - as long as the defenders are well prepared and willing they could hold Kyiv easily 4-6 weeks or more unless Russia commits far more to the fight. But on the other hand I don't see the war dragging out beyond maybe 2-3 years - once (if) the major urban areas are taken and larger organised military groups dispersed or defeated it will likely die down very quickly - much of those West leaning will then start to move out the country IMO with only a limited insurgency.

EDIT: The other option is they never fully take Kyiv and it turns into a protracted conflict zone without huge taking of territory by either side.

Associate
Does sound like more fake news. I really do hope Ukraine aren't following on these dirty propaganda tactics as that's exactly what Russia would do.

You have to take anything either side says with a pinch of salt yes, Ukraine are fighting for their existence and Russia for obvious reasons.

Soldato
800 vehicles though...seems like a claim that's too absurd to make up so maybe it's true?
Could be legit.

I mean we've all seen pictures of that 40 mile column they have headed for Kiev, so using that as an example, and presuming it's double file (images show triple file in places but lets err on the side of unfavorability), 40 miles - 64 kilometres - 64,000 meters. Average length of a vehicle say 9 meters plus 3 meters either end for distance (so 6 meters between vehicles, nice and safe), so each vehicle takes up 15 meters of road. 64,000 meters long column in double file, so 128,000 meters of vehicles, at 15 meters each: That's ~8500 vehicles.

So yeah I'd say 800 in a much smaller convoy could quite easily be legit.

Soldato
Estonia has no US military bases. The US maintains a tiny handful of troops in Estonia—typically ~120—as part of their NATO commitment (Is Russia claiming to be terrified of 120 US soldiers?) They do not have a permanent presence there.

In 2019, five US Apache helicopters were deployed to Estonia. They stayed for a grand total of 3 months.

In February, the US sent six F-15s to an Estonian air base after noting Russia's increased aggression towards Ukraine. This was done under the auspices of NATO.

So no, I don't accept Estonia as an example.

Poland has has no US military bases. NATO has a detachment of ~5,000 troops in Poland, consisting of soldiers from Poland, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Spain, Canada, Lithuania, Latvia, Germany, Romania, Turkey, the United States, Hungary, Great Britain and Slovakia.

So no, I don't accept Poland as an example either.

Again: where are all these 'US weapons on Russia's border' that Putin is allegedly worried about?
Look up NATO Enhanced Forward Presence. UK leads the Estonian battlegroup based out of Tapa. We currently hold approx a Battlegroup plus at high readiness out in Estonia. You wont find many Yanks in Estonia as that is not there area of operations for the EFP, they head up the Polish region. We have plenty of "weapons" in the border regions with Russia but not nukes.

With the current shenanigans. NATO has also bolstered a lot of troops and equipment across the whole frontage.

Soldato
Estonia has no US military bases. The US maintains a tiny handful of troops in Estonia—typically ~120—as part of their NATO commitment (Is Russia claiming to be terrified of 120 US soldiers?) They do not have a permanent presence there.

In 2019, five US Apache helicopters were deployed to Estonia. They stayed for a grand total of 3 months.

In February, the US sent six F-15s to an Estonian air base after noting Russia's increased aggression towards Ukraine. This was done under the auspices of NATO.

So no, I don't accept Estonia as an example.

Poland has has no US military bases. NATO has a detachment of ~5,000 troops in Poland, consisting of soldiers from Poland, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Spain, Canada, Lithuania, Latvia, Germany, Romania, Turkey, the United States, Hungary, Great Britain and Slovakia.

So no, I don't accept Poland as an example either.

Again: where are all these 'US weapons on Russia's border' that Putin is allegedly worried about?

Well you have accepted that there are US troops in estonia but rejected it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56720589

BBC says, https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/c...67_nato_troops_eastern_europe_v2_2x640-nc.png

There are 5400 US troops in poland, excluding US troops in nato, which is 1060 apparently.

Soldato
Show me the US weapons on Russia's border, using this convenient map:

SyQ4x2A.jpg

The US doesn't even have military bases on Russia's border.

NEZMUPz.png

There are US troops and weapons deployed in Poland, Norway, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. All of which have a border with Russia. And then there's the fact that the US also has a border with Russia too. Personally, I couldn't give a **** and would deploy vast quantities of equipment there, if only to wind mad Vlad up even further,

Man of Honour
I just fear that the more successful the Ukrainians are, the closer we get to a full blown indiscriminate bombardment…

Soldato
"Russia is expected to seize Kyiv in the next 4-6 weeks. The war overall is likely to last 10 or 15 or 20 years and “ultimately, Russia will lose” - US officials speaking to CBS and Congress"

Not sure I'd agree with that assessment - as long as the defenders are well prepared and willing they could hold Kyiv easily 4-6 weeks or more unless Russia commits far more to the fight. But on the other hand I don't see the war dragging out beyond maybe 2-3 years - once (if) the major urban areas are taken and larger organised military groups dispersed or defeated it will likely die down very quickly - much of those West leaning will then start to move out the country IMO with only a limited insurgency.

The real issue will be food and water, if kiev is to hold. If the Russians tighten a ring around kiev we'll either see starvation on a scale nor seen since the siege of leningrad or a mass exodus. Even if people leave they will need food and shelter- millions of people. It is horrific.

I just can't believe this is happening in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom