Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
There is so much propaganda being cited as truth all over the internet.

I know people here are doing their best, but when posting "facts", can you please try to post sources so others can do their own research.

Cheers all....

Yup, it just makes things so much easier... I mean it's kinda the original point/most fundamental feature of the world wide web; being able to post hyperlinks to other pages.

"I'm seeing reports of..."

Don't just tell us, paste in the link to what you're seeing.

Man of Honour
Yup, it just makes things so much easier... I mean it's kinda the original point/most fundamental feature of the world wide web; being able to post hyperlinks to other pages.

"I'm seeing reports of..."

Don't just tell us, paste in the link to what you're seeing.

Personally I'm monitoring 25+ different sources of information of many different formats including audio - often it isn't easy to link to stuff on discussions, etc. some sources have a better history for reliability than others.

To put it in some perspective heh my browser history for the last couple of days alone is 10K items... so when people ask for sources of something I saw even an hour ago I often just think nope.

Man of Honour
I'm fairly thick skinned nowadays. But the one thing that has got to me is the video of the young girl they try to resuscitate in the back of an ambulance while her mother watches on distraught. Then it cuts to the poor girl inside a building (hospital?) On a stretcher/table covered with her jacket, lifeless.

That's the one video so far that makes me want to grab a gun and go over there to help, damn the consequences. I can't stop thinking about it **

** Yes that's emotion talking, I'm not stupid enough or brave enough to actually do that.

Man of Honour
Biden speech "soon" - by soon who knows :s not sure how much will be relevant to Ukraine but hopefully it portrays a more positive image and not just jumbled words off the autocue.

Permabanned
I'm fairly thick skinned nowadays. But the one thing that has got to me is the video of the young girl they try to resuscitate in the back of an ambulance while her mother watches on distraught. Then it cuts to the poor girl inside a building (hospital?) On a stretcher/table covered with her jacket, lifeless.

That's the one video so far that makes me want to grab a gun and go over there to help, damn the consequences. I can't stop thinking about it **

** Yes that's emotion talking, I'm not stupid enough or brave enough to actually do that.
it is hard.

But I have been just told about a far right russain that posted back in january about an attack

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-n...ppeared-predict-date-russia-entering-ukraine/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Zhirinovsky

Last edited:
Soldato
When the asset has been bought with stolen/dirty money it can be seized. We do it all the time to drug barons.

We seize 'drugs barons' assets based on their actions not their nationality and the seizures (civil or criminal) are tested through the courts.

If you are blanket suggesting a whole group of people have become 'fair game' to have their rights violated, based on where they were born, you aren't a good person.

No doubt there's dirty money knocking about in the UK but we are also a country that attracts foreigners based on the strength of the rule of law here.

Soldato

Biden's Speech should be starting.

Summary from Biden - Topic of Ukraine:

*Biden: The US Will Join Its Friends in Banning Russian Flights From Using US Airspace.
*Biden: The Department of Justice Is Putting Together a Task Force to Investigate the Crimes of Russian Oligarchs.
*Biden: Joining Forces With European Friends to Locate and Seize Your Boats, Luxury Homes, and Private Jets.
*Biden: We Are Shutting Off Russia’s Access to Technology Which Will Bleed Its Economic Power and Undermine Its Military for Years.
*Biden: Democracies Are Rising to the Occasion in the Battle Between Democracy and Autocracy, but the Battle Will Take Time.
*Biden: Putin May Gain on the Battlefield, but He Will Pay a High Price in the Long Run.
*Biden: Bringing Pricing Under Control Is His Top Goal.
*Biden: Putin Is Now Isolated From the World More Than He Has Ever Been.
*Biden: Putin Is a Dictator and Will Pay a High Price.

Some Sources:
https://twitter.com/kylieatwood/status/1498844454500937734 - "Putin is now isolated from the world more than he has ever been," says President Biden. Tonight I say to the Russian oligarchs and crooks "no more."
https://twitter.com/kylieatwood/status/1498845124574552064
https://twitter.com/EMPosts/status/1498845067406196738
- "We are cutting off Russia’s largest banks from the international financial system," / "Preventing Russia’s central bank from defending the Russian ruble, making Putin’s $630 Billion `war fund` worthless."
https://twitter.com/EMPosts/status/1498846271288786952 - "Putin may circle Kyiv with tanks, but he will never gain the hearts and souls of the Ukrainian people." "/ He will never extinguish their love of freedom. He will never weaken the resolve of the free world."
https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1498847319093125121 - "Tonight I am announcing that we will join our allies in closing off American air space to all Russian flights – further isolating Russia – and adding an additional squeeze –on their economy."

Last edited:
Soldato
We probably will over the coming months, we have had millions of eastern Europeans move here over the last few years. It takes time, those most in need we be dealt with first. Just calm yourself.
Your out here telling people to calm themselves over and over as if they are actually hysterical in some way but they are not.

Seriously, just stop.

Man of Honour
i was going to post that but was not sure if was real.

One of Russia's goals is trying to surround and isolate those Ukrainian forces on the old line of control - some smart play there by the Ukrainians will have huge ramifications for the overall war. Shame they probably don't have the man power or resources for a run around the back of Russia's supply lines but that would also likely involve tangling with Russia's main army.

Soldato
True mate why do you think we have to put asylum seekers in hotels the average Afghan family is about eight to ten go to any council and say have you got an house for me and my eight kids most councils will struggle.
I have direct experience with this.

They are housed Separately, in special interest units at these hotels and other places in an effort to keep them safe. Guarded by security because these places get daily visits by BNP vans/other groups with grated up windows full of people shouting the usual nonsense.

I have been working at these sites for quite some time now for the home office.

The refugees are rarely if EVER the problem..it’s the idiots that come and harass them and sometimes try to attack them, luckily they are sent away very quickly.
It’s true though councils struggle in this regard but I have no experience on that side of things to comment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom