Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I'm still not sure why Putin as done this. I hear his reasons so far are;

1. He was supporting ethnic Russians in the 2 rebel held areas inside Ukraine.
He already offered everyone in those regions Russian passports, so they could leave. If he did want to take action then Russian forces should have remained inside those regions.

2. His claim NATO was going to allow Ukraine to become a NATO member, against the border of Russia.
There is no evidence that NATO wants a war with Russia, or that they were planning to offer NATO status to Ukraine. The NATO countries along the Russian border as already happened when Estonia and Latvia joined NATO in 2004.

3. Now he's taking over Ukraine because of Nazi's.
I looked in to this last night. I have heard of some of the groups mentioned. But they are a tiny component of the Ukraine army or officials. There as been people with nazi ideologies in many armies in the west, US, UK, Germany etc. It doesn't mean that nazi's are controlling the direction of the country. Also if they are nazi's then how have they ended up with a Jewish leader!?

4. He's stopping Ukraine building nukes so he's taken over those nuclear power plants.
There is no evidence that Ukraine was planning to build nukes. This just seems to be another made up excuse.

Any previous legitimate concerns of the enforcement of the minsk agreement should have been solved diplomatically. The moment he ordered the invasion he lost all credability.

Pretty much a similar story to us invading Iraq and Afghanistan then. Putin is a crazy mofo but to think we are angels in this is misleading. Even Libiya was one of the richest countries in Africa and a stable nation. Now it is just a mess.

Permabanned
Doesn’t make such a good story… when they don’t recover the body. which one makes the newspaper?
Who’s hosting the heroic Russian rescue stories atm?
We even have British and Americans being called shills at the slightest whiff of anything but the media war propaganda machine created narratives . They genuinely think propaganda can only exist in enemy states anything to the contrary is just Russian propaganda.

Permabanned
Pretty much a similar story to us invading Iraq and Afghanistan then. Putin is a crazy mofo but to think we are angels in this is misleading. Even Libiya was one of the richest countries in Africa and a stable nation. Now it is just a mess.
Had great health care cheap loans and energy. Was talks of seeking less reliance on the dollar though. Crossed the line.

Man of Honour

At what point does the average Russian finally start to realise that maybe just maybe things aren't what they've been told.

Could be decades, the average American family still isnt sure it was a weather balloon in 1947 and theres a percentage of people all over the globe who think the Earth is flat :)

That combined with quite a number of Russian families possibly not even knowing they are at war

Capodecina
Soldato
Most important news of the day?

The UK supermarket chain Sainsbury's has announced that it is renaming "Chicken Kiev" as "Chicken Kyiv" - reflecting Ukraine's preferred spelling of its capital city's name, as opposed to the Russian spelling used under Soviet rule.

Good business move too. Sales will shoot up. I wonder if they'll donate any of the proceeds.

Soldato
Russian army dont seem to bothered about recovering there dead I have noticed?

Downed Russian jet for example just left with body no rescue operation or anything.

Does seem that way, was reading stuff last night and seeing videos and pictures of large open holes in the ground and the Ukraine soldiers and citizens were taking pictures and video of the dead Russians and their I.D documents so they could contact their families to let them know their loved one has died and is buried in a shared large grave, because as you said they are not clearing their dead and now left to the Ukrainians to do it and now having to document dead kids and to let their families know the worst has happened like they have nothing more to add to their worries.

It's a disgrace from Russia how they are even dealing with war, also using army based ambulances to move weapons and ammo in and no sign of anything related to an ambulance inside.. This is done so they don't get targetted as in war rules you don't attack an ambulance..:mad: they are not playing by any rules really and even their poor soldiers don't even have a proper burial by their own people and their war victims are having to do the right things. It's shocking really what is out there to see if you look.

Soldato

Think you have to understand why Afghanistan was invaded. Retaliation for word trade center attack. US didnt start it.

Man of Honour
They're outstanding aircraft with an unparalleled payload. Have you not stopped to think why a 60 year old plane is still flying?

That have been modernised internally. The frame might be old, but it’s highly effective and the tech inside is cutting edge. Plus, everything else would have been neutralised before they come into play.

Caporegime
Theoretical yield only. Will believe it when i see it detonated.

b94.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom