Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What does he have to gain on the world stage? :confused:

There are countries probably looking in admiration at this invasion e.g. China, Iran, N Korea.

There is talk of the West burying Russia financially for decades but I think that is doubtful. Plenty of countries willing to buy from Russia still, including any of the advanced weapons he could use in this war.

And then there are leaders like Macron who still think they can talk sense into Putin, like it's just some phase that he's going through.

At the moment it's just over a week in and everyone is focused on this, but if Putin gets it done and dusted in a month, then two years into the future I think the landscape would be very different.

Soldato
Caporegime
Very true, it is why some smaller armies such as Japan, Taiwan and UK, though small in size do have functioning and modern equipment available to them that is working.

Fact is Ukraine is doing well, but Russia really has not unleashed all their might on them or the troops simply don't wish to do so, it is clear to see that a lot of Russian troops also don't want this war. Afterall they are killing their own kin, and for what, there is no reason, just Putin trying to reform the USSR.
Absolutely, by asking his troops to fight their former Soviet comrades, this isn’t going to end well for Putin (I hope!) - I think, much as were the “English army” if such a thing existed was told to fight the “Welsh army” equally if that was a thing, given the cultural and national ties, who really would have any heart in doing so?

I think we are seeing this playing out in Ukrainian, and I hope it’s the reason that convoy heading towards Kyiv is getting nowhere…..

Soldato
Correct decision. May seem harsh but it is.

The amount of people on twitter who seem happy to start WW3 is frightening

Ohh I know, sad truth of the matter, this is what he wants to start full blown war with the world. It's sad but the reality of this situation, but I know for a fact if he rigs the nuclear plants around Ukraine to go up or evidence of it starts to appear... He will see so many planes over to say hello to his soldiers and Moscow will get a visit too. He is playing a really bad hand of poker at the moment and he knows it.

Sadly a lot of people want to do the right thing and protect the innocent with a no fly zone but a lot don't understand why this has to be done, I would love for them to do it and go in and help them, but all of this will cause WW3 and then we have given him what he wants the right to start one..

Soldato
Dry your eyes, the Tories are in power and they will be judged for their actions and inaction.

They seem to have managed to get out of a few other sticky situations over the last few years, despite a classic Boris bump last week (me included) they are showing their true colours again…and some still fall for it…

Fully behind Ukraine here, just wish we had a competent leadership.

Soldato
God the Tory bashing is nauseating

They are our government. They are not above criticism. especially as we are not at war. They have been taking Russian oligarch's money and its finally had the spotlight shone on it. If this was Labour and they'd been taking Russian money and were now dragging their feet on sanctioning oligarchs you'd be saying "God the Labour bashing is nauseating"?

Associate
Apart from the benefits for Ukraine in the future economically in terms of trade and freedom of movement, what immediate benefit will this give Ukraine ? It's not going to suddenly mean they military support from an EU army that doesn't exist ?

Morale boost for Ukrainians to keep fighting if Kiev falls?

OcUK Staff
No, it paints the UK under a realistic comparison. These aren't individual countries, but the sanctions dictatated by the EU.. This UK has some good points in this conflict , notably the delivery of defensive weapons before the invasion, but really since everything kicked the UK has not pushed its weight, and often done the minimum lr wlrse, especially wrt refugees. The santions and assests freeze where the Tories were generous enough to let their donors transfer their assests long before restrictions came in to effect is frankly embarrassing.

The U.K. did what truly matters they were supplying the Ukraine weapons back in January and also helping train the Ukraine troops to be better, this is far better than any sanctions in a time of war as it’s allowed Ukraine to defend itself much better. If you watch videos from troops on the ground in Ukraine you hear most of them thanking the U.K. above and beyond any other country for the weapons and training the U.K. was providing months ago.

Caporegime
Ohh I know, sad truth of the matter, this is what he wants to start full blown war with the world. It's sad but the reality of this situation, but I know for a fact if he rigs the nuclear plants around Ukraine to go up or evidence of it starts to appear... He will see so many planes over to say hello to his soldiers and Moscow will get a visit too. He is playing a really bad hand of poker at the moment and he knows it.

Sadly a lot of people want to do the right thing and protect the innocent with a no fly zone but a lot don't understand why this has to be done, I would love for them to do it and go in and help them, but all of this will cause WW3 and then we have given him what he wants the right to start one..
Why does he want to start a war he cannot win?

Soldato
Am really starting to have big doubts that there even is a 40-mile Russian convoy

Haven't seen any pictures or videos that show anything over about a mile long..

As another posted commented, it's stretched out over 40 miles, in part due to fuel issues. It's not one 40 mile long convoy.

Watching the news just now and Ukraine still has planes which dispersed to a network of much smaller airfields. Neither country has air superiority according to this particular expert and the Russian air force are flying mostly/only at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom