Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK Staff
Its not a solid 3 all the way, but by the same account there are sections of the road which only 1 vehicle can go through at a time.

It boggles the mind the level of incompetence, but that is whats happened. As for the troops, yes, the ones at the front of starving/freezing to death by some reports which is why theres reports of a number of troops have moved out to camping/hunting in the forests / looting supermarkets.

Crazy plus at this rate by the time they do take Ukraine the destruction they have caused to Ukraine it won’t be worth owning and they also won’t be able to afford to rebuild it considering how their economy is gonna get destroyed and then the cost to rebuild their army losses.

Soldato
There's a part of me wonders if the Belarus leaders know if they commit soldiers in to Ukraine they risk not having enough to suppress an uprising in their own country.

Yeah I recall reading that apart from the puppet president, a lot of Belarusians aren't exactly pro-russian.

Soldato
Crazy plus at this rate by the time they do take Ukraine the destruction they have caused to Ukraine it won’t be worth owning and they also won’t be able to afford to rebuild it considering how their economy is gonna get destroyed and then the cost to rebuild their army losses.

I don't think they're too bothered about that. It's hardly like they're short of land. It will mean they have one less neighbour to worry about.

Associate
I’ve thought the exact same for a while now, it’s curious bordering on suspicious.

And as if right on queue... 20-odd posts on nothing content then straight into the same nonsense post biased propaganda video, no comments or evidence before falling back to conspiracy stuff about 'truths' and everyone else having an agenda, including some reference to a definite BBC article being biased (again no evidence). Oh, and let's not forget the direct attack attempt to somehow undermine Zelenskyy. 'Curious' was perhaps a little too diplomatic, it is becoming pretty obvious these bots and shills have pretty much infiltrated all spectrum of the internet by this point.

I'm more curious about the documents, this is an official stand by the Russian gov but no one listens to them anyway otherwise UA would have kept neutrality and there would have not been a war, MSM is filled with fake news and its normal every institution is under pressure to do what its told by their gov, i'v seen fake news on BBC recently so keep and open mind

Man of Honour

One of the videos I was talking about:

They seem to be slowly changing up gears in terms of strategy and increasing the presence of regular forces.

Associate
Yeah I recall reading that apart from the puppet president, a lot of Belarusians aren't exactly pro-russian.

I just had a long, upset message from a very close Belarusian friend, who I met when we were at uni in China. Our friends there were a mix of Belarusian, Russian and Ukrainian - not so many Russians for me, who tended not to be so friendly with the Brits there (with exceptions), but those nationalities used to do everything together. I remember being confused about her being so pro-Russia when we first met, their shared histories etc, it just never made sense to me that she was a well educated, well travelled young person, who had to circumvent censorship in her own country to get hold of textbooks on various topics, to still support them so firmly.

Needless to say, that's changed over the past few years, and she's just distraught now. Our close group of friends was me, her and two Ukrainians, one of whom is now in Canada, but the other is in Kyiv (who also messaged yesterday to say she's ok). She's upset not just at what's happening to a country she had such close connections to, but also that she feels people are judging Belarusians for not doing more to prevent it - people there obviously being conscious of the crackdowns on the protests two years ago.

I'd absolutely agree that the actions of the government do not have support from the population there.

Man of Honour
Enjoyed this:

Made me laugh when I saw it earlier.

erm.. there is no snow anywhere near where that picture was taken.

It has been snowing on and off around Ukraine the last few days - at least 2 of the last few days in Kyiv Oblast it has snowed overnight and survived into the morning before melting. (It is forecast to snow overnight there tonight as well from about 4am).

Wasn't much in evidence in the live stream earlier with the refugees or current Kyiv cams though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Georgia retake their land and Belarus declare independence from Russia. It would be a mess. I wonder what is going on with Belarus? They have decided not to send any troops in and have had senior people resign in protest at the war.

We might have to send peacekeepers to protect Russia in that case. :)

Others have been saying that for days including " Bombers in bound for Ukraine, looks like it's going to be the worst night so far ".... And nothing happens :p

Well stuff does happen. We get Twitter reports the next morning of xx amount of Russian aircraft destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom