Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
If they did declare a no-fly zone then they wouldn't be calling Putin's bluff, rather it would be NATO's bluff on whether or not they would enforce it which would be highly unlikely as it could be a catalyst for WW3.

Obviously this no-fly zone idea completely ignores the fact that NATO is a defensive organisation, so it's all a non-starter any way.

Maybe it is overt signalling to Russia, testing some of the prototype systems like ARTEMIS and/or ally interoperability in closer to real world situations but given the activity I've seen on Flight Radar over the last few days I'm not so sure they won't be pulling the bluff if this goes on much longer. It is almost unthinkable but the feeling I get from what I'm observing in terms of specific utilisation of assets and what, general patterns of missions, etc. doesn't fit with sitting back in a defensive posture and/or feeding Ukraine info forever.

EDIT: On a related note - whelp those F-15s are loud - just had some fly nearish my house but not that near and very audible.

Soldato

Foreign fighters turning up to help now, not sure having flags on your uniform is a good idea though. Will likely be used as propaganda in Russia.

Soldato
Just saw a video pop up on reddit where a Russian tank stops and fires on a civilian vehicle being driven by a 60yr old couple. The aftermath was quite grim :(

There is no rational argument thats not a war crime is there. Its pathetic we havent moved on from ww2, I hope that means they are also incapable and ultimately vulnerable in their stragegy to occupy Ukraine

1maMjjj.png

https://itch.io/b/1316/bundle-for-ukraine

Associate
Maybe it is overt signalling to Russia, testing some of the prototype systems like ARTEMIS and/or ally interoperability in closer to real world situations but given the activity I've seen on Flight Radar over the last few days I'm not so sure they won't be pulling the bluff if this goes on much longer. It is almost unthinkable but the feeling I get from what I'm observing in terms of specific utilisation of assets and what, general patterns of missions, etc. doesn't fit with sitting back in a defensive posture and/or feeding Ukraine info forever.

EDIT: On a related note - whelp those F-15s are loud - just had some fly nearish my house but not that near and very audible.

I agree, I have a feeling that there will be some ramping up of Nato in some way in the coming days, not sure in what capacity yet

They are beyond loud when flying low and slow
Luckily I get the planes coming into Mildenhall mainly so only normal noisy

Very occasionally I get Lakenheath traffic, or possibly planes using Mildenhall to stop off and the F15s you literally cannot hold a conversation or hear the TV etc

I still prefer the Ospreys though, love them flying around :)

My boss is funny, based in NL and a plane spotter. He actually used to come to the UK to spot the F15s etc apparently they record the tail numbers like old train spotters did to engine numbers (wierd I know) and whenever we are on teams and something flies over I need to check.
"Is that a KC135?"
"Yep"
"ok back to work"

Sometimes its "I can see on map bet we will hear it soon"
me : "plane overhead bit hard to hear"
him : "told you"

Soldato
Why did zelensky seemingly just tell the Russians his location. It would be a huge win for Putin if Zelensky is silenced

Seems like they've tried to silence him along with that failed Chechen raid on him, I bet Putin is furious, waiting for him to do a Thanos "I'll do it myself" moment

Not seen this one unless it old one don't see tank fire on it though, there was aftermath video a while ago with old couple shot to bits inside.

Yes it's new CCTV footage captures the BMD shooting up the vehicle, absolutely uncalled for too as they purposely go out of their way to shoot the car up

Soldato

Seems like they've tried to silence him along with that failed Chechen raid on him, I bet Putin is furious, waiting for him to do a Thanos "I'll do it myself" moment

Yes it's new CCTV footage captures the BMD shooting up the vehicle, absolutely uncalled for too as they purposely go out of their way to shoot the car up

Saw that. Complete and utter murder. Terrible.

Associate
Ukraine seems to be winning the air war at the moment but I suppose simple attrition will greatly reduce their capabilities sooner than the Russians. Seems that might be sooner than later given the more frequent and impassioned requests.
If we can’t get aircraft in then I hope they get as much anti air high end equipment as can be mustered.
Poland et all can send missiles compatible with the Ukraines current air defence too. No doubt they are and just not advertising it though!
Nice bit of sunny/cold weather could be good for a few days, melt the snow and allow the drones out to play.

Soldato

Keeping NATO airspace and borders safe is understandable but i just don't see why NATO would actively get involved when intelligence seems to suggest that the Russian military has been massively overhyped, lacking equipment, training (i think Driven had a good article on lack of training within the RuAF), maintenance of hardware/assets and the fact they're having to drag in Chechens and (supposedly) Syrians into the war.

You would think that keeping Ukraine heavily supplied, along with international ex-forces, would eventually wear Russia down to the point where they're demands would become sane and agreeable to Ukrainians ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Man of Honour
I’m appalled at how difficult we’re making the visa process. Our leaders are a disgrace. We’ve financed this stupid war.

A friend of the families regiment has just been sent to Poland. Not that Putin has anything to send to neighbouring countries himself.

I’m appalled at how difficult we’re making the visa process. Our leaders are a disgrace. We’ve financed this stupid war.

A friend of the families regiment has just been sent to Poland. Not that Putin has anything to send to neighbouring countries himself.
Seems our government are putting beaurecracy ahead of being decent humans with compassion.

Soldato
Keeping NATO airspace and borders safe is understandable but i just don't see why NATO would actively get involved when intelligence seems to suggest that the Russian military has been massively overhyped, lacking equipment, training

Because politically speaking, that's tantamount to Nato member countries declaring open war with russia, i.e. WWIII. That's basically the second to last strategy that will be used, nuclear bombs being the last strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom