Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was thinking he might have pushed us harder to more sanctions imposed and put a freeze on some of the cash swimming around our financial system from Russian businesses.
He's not going to get very far threatening Tory profits. He has to tread a fine line between keeping the pressure on and not overdoing it.

Soldato
He's not going to get very far threatening Tory profits. He has to tread a fine line between keeping the pressure on and not overdoing it.
I agree with your point about keeping a balance but calling for tighter and tougher sanctions would in line with what the government are saying anyway so it shouldn't cause anyone embarrassment (some Tory MP's have gone further and called out names of unsanctioned individuals in parliament so Zelensky has nothing to worry about on that front).

Soldato
I would ask that you listen to this 4 minute assessment from a former senior US advisor.

Please judge the content and not the platform. To me this sounds like a more accurate commentary than anything we're getting on our media channels.

I'll get the flame suit on now, in preparation.
Honestly man, not watched the video, but who is writing those weird comments? It has to be bots right? It is on everyone of your videos.

Soldato
I would ask that you listen to this 4 minute assessment from a former senior US advisor.

Please judge the content and not the platform. To me this sounds like a more accurate commentary than anything we're getting on our media channels.

Date of video... March 1st. They are doing pretty well, regardless of the opinion.

And again... why exactly should we and other countries be bullied by Russia of what they can and cannot do? He will literally put arm's in Ukraine that he said he didn't want from us. CONVIENIENT. And he will do it, because he knows we won't do anything. But guess what... if we put arm's there... he won't do anything either other than complain and threaten. WW3 unless Nukes are involved, Russia will get steamrolled, unless they have support from someone like China.

Caporegime
I suspect 'the great correction' is imminent, it's long overdue anyway, expect new nuclear plants to be commisioned post haste, along with a massive surge in renewable.

no time for nuclear (12-18years to bring a new one online), it will mostly be renewable

Soldato
This. People here seem to not realise how far above and beyond the UK went in support of Ukraine when the threat of invasion was imminent, all the weapon supplies and troop training is now paying dividends for Ukraine and the EU was far far behind in supporting Ukraine in the way it truly needed.

Yes the UK needs to speed up their VISA policies and make it easier for people from Ukraine to get here, but lets not bash the UK when its done so much more than other EU countries.

Just got to keep the supplies getting their best we can, supporting the fight and defence of Ukraine is the upmost priority which the UK has been no.1 at doing so. If it was not for the thread of Nukes and the fact Ukraine is not part of Nato it is fair to say our army would have been on of the first putting boots on the ground if circumstances allowed.

It's the typical I'm not happy with thing so I'll ignore everything mentality.

It's a bit tedious.

Soldato
That's a lot of jobs considering the supply chain behind a company like McDonald's
Was just discussing this with my son, we both recently worked for the company, there 'might' be a chance the company would pay its employees, but then again, would that be seen as helping Russia...
As said, a real shame for the mostly young people that work there, a lot of them having no clue wtf is going on.

Soldato
I think we have to get on the front foot with Putin. We need to control the narrative.

Unless the financial restrictions cause some kind of revolt inside Russia against him, then being passive with him isn't going to work. It also shows China that if they invade Taiwan we won't do anything about it.

I don't think thres anything 'passive' going on, have you even looked at the financial markets? Russia is seriously in trouble for the long term due to putins actions, and that won't be able to be rewinded for decades, at a minimum. They may screw Ukraine in the very short term, but the casual mistrust in russia has recently turned into outright mistrust, to put it politley, more like a sustained hostile trading environment.

Associate
Date of video... March 1st. They are doing pretty well, regardless of the opinion.

And again... why exactly should we and other countries be bullied by Russia of what they can and cannot do? He will literally put arm's in Ukraine that he said he didn't want from us. CONVIENIENT. And he will do it, because he knows we won't do anything. But guess what... if we put arm's there... he won't do anything either other than complain and threaten. WW3 unless Nukes are involved, Russia will get steamrolled, unless they have support from someone like China.

I'd remind you of afganistan, syria, gaza, etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...east-22000-civilians-since-911-analysis-finds

We, the west, are not in a position to judge.

Putin doesn't want Ukraine to be a part of Nato, doesn't want things on his borders that could be a threat. He's been complaining about it for years and years and been ignored so he's trying to do something about it.

Is it bad? Hell yes

Do we all wish it could be avoided? Of course

Is UKR a shining beacon of virtue? Absolutely not. They've committed their own crimes against their citizens and stolen money.

Should anyone be arming UKR and encouraging conflict? Nope.

Would a partially neutral UKR be a good compromise to end all this? Quite possibly.

International diplomacy is a tricky beast, it takes considered negotiation not war mongering, there was nearly a decade to discuss this before it got to this but that opportunity was not taken for whatever reason.

Now we get a barrage of misinformation in our media to funnel the overall sentiment towards the situation.

What I find absurd is that everything out of Russia is lies and propaganda and everything on our media is the truth and honest. It works both ways.

People like to be told what to think it seems. Feels safer, means people don't have to think for themselves.

Associate

That guy is quite simply a nasty piece of work. Look him up, he peddles all kinds of conspiracy theories and was a member of Trumps inner circle - Which should tell you all you need to know about his viability as a trustworthy source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom