Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It could also be the kick up the behind the first world needs to actually ditch oil and gas as a fuel source.

If the money for nordstream2 had been used for wine/solar/hydro it would have helped a lot!

Yeah definitely needs a kick. It's not just energy though. Whilst global trade is fantastic, it does highlight the problems if a country isn't self-sufficient. The fact that the world relies on 1/3rd of the global wheat supply from 2 countries is crazy, and is a recipe for disaster which is now unfolding.

Associate
You would be surprised how things are perceived outside of the west propaganda bubble.

In my home country people are disgusted with the west arming Ukraine so two brotherly slavic nations can kill each other. There is always two-sides to a story and I can assure you tons of people consider the UK among others as the warmongering villains.

So what, better to let one side kill the other with impunity- and then move on to another victim?

Would people in your home country also support say, India moving in on Kashmir or NKorea invading SKorea?

Associate
It was an incredibly stupid move (approving the pipeline was one of the few things I praised Trump for) but the US is still energy independent.

That'll hurt Europe, but not the US. Still can't get my head around the fact that Europe decided it would be a good idea to become reliant on Russia for fossil fuels. Utter madness.
Blame Merkel mostly for that she shut down all the nuclear reactors panicked about the Fukushima power plant.

Soldato
So what, better to let one side kill the other with impunity- and then move on to another victim?

Would people in your home country also support say, India moving in on Kashmir or NKorea invading SKorea?
An equivalent example would be Russia meddling in Wales for decades to get them under a hypothetical Soviet Union and arming them so they can kill the English.

Yes I would be disgusted.

There is no possible winner in this conflict the whole thing is just sad beyond belief.

Caporegime

Boom! Actually hopefully not the other sort of boom... don't want Russia attacking Poland now... but hopefully this helps Ukraine take down more Russian aircraft.

Sad thing is if countries had acted sooner on this - supplied this stuff before hostilities started, along with hardened shelters etc.. then there would have been less risk, Russia can't as easily retrospectively act if Poland had already supplied these before the invasion and US had funded it.

I guess on the other hand it's a kind of testing the waters thing - will Russia respond to this by attacking Poland or are they still going to be cautious about bringing NATO further into this conflict, especially after the losses they've had already.

I like this bit in the statement too

'The Polish Government also requests other NATO Allies – owners of MIG-29 jets – to act in the same vein.'

Hopefully it paves the way for other countries to do the same.

Yeah it's kinda fair... shouldn't just be Poland taking the risk here, everyone else needs to back them and the other two countries with MiGs should supply them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom