Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Of the oligarchs sanctioned today, are any of them presently in the UK. In such case as their assets are frozen, how'd they live namely day to day expenses as assumption any liquid wealth namely cash is also frozen in any UK bank account?
I'm sure they've got loads of cash stashed away, I highly doubt we are going to see Abramovitch down the DWP filling in some Universal Credit forms.

Soldato
And what’s really frustrating is all the anti money laundering paper work you have to produce these days when buying property, selling property, receiving inheritance money etc. And yet the Russians get away with it all scott free. It stinks. If I was Russian right now I’d be keeping a very very low profile.

Yeah the double standards on this are laughable. British and a few thousand for a mortgage deposit and you have to jump through hoops to prove its legit. Russian million/billionaire and its welcome in, please launder your money here, oh yes I'd love that gift thank you very much, would you like a peerage?

Soldato
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-60679175

Should prove interesting considering Abramovich applied for an Israeli passport after cancelling and his UK passport application..

I wonder why Putin's government would listen to Israeli peace talks.. It will be more interesting given the US-Israel relationship..

I bet that yacht appears in Israel or in the Crimea..

Last edited:
Soldato
I see the Chinese are ramping up the pro russian propaganda with thier embedded reporters with the Russian troops.

China must be afraid of Putin failing and ending in them with an actual more western looking government?

Soldato
Like the battleship almost 80 years ago, this could be the twilight of the Tank, when a battalion of men with NLAWs can basically decimate a battalion of tanks worth millions
You cant blame the tank, the tactics used by the Russians havnt exactly played in the tanks favour. Theres still a place for tanks in the future in my opinion, lined up on a road in columns aint one of them, there is just no real evidence of russia using tactical movement. They are cutting about acting as if they have air superiority in a permissive environment. Its all just so bizarre!

That said, it is very reassuring to see just how effective modern NATO AT weapons are against Russian MBT's, considering similar design characteristics with Chinese tanks I'd expect similar results.

Soldato
I can only guess that from a chinese perspective Western looks very choatic and unreliable. Putin has been in power for 20 years and until this hasn't really caused the chinese much trouble.

Whereas the Australians, as an example, have been enriched by Chinese purchases of ore for a similar period of time and are always complaining about Chinese behaviour. From their perspective Putin probably looks a better partner.

Happy to sell things to us but don't want to rely on us for anything.

Soldato
You cant blame the tank, the tactics used by the Russians havnt exactly played in the tanks favour. Theres still a place for tanks in the future in my opinion, lined up on a road in columns aint one of them, there is just no real evidence of russia using tactical movement. They are cutting about acting as if they have air superiority in a permissive environment. Its all just so bizarre!
No doubt they still have a role, much like Battleships still had a role during and after WW2 but I’m wondering if that role as the king of the battlefield has now gone like battleships were no longer classed as the kings of the sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom