Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The US really needs another Lincoln or Roosevelt, sadly don't think anyone in it's current political mess is remotely up to the task of emulating their greatness.

Man of Honour
Trump being terrible doesn't change that it has mostly been the Pentagon being ahead of the game and to an extent taking the lead on productive action. Despite some strong speeches Biden has also come over quite weak at times and his earlier seeming to green light "limited" action has not exactly helped in this situation.

Caporegime
If you think Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg is going to do anything without the so say of the leader of the free world then think again. Biden or the American president will always have the final say .

Nope

If all other member nations wants to do something and USA don't it will still happen.

And in reverse.

If USA want NATO to intervene but no other member nation's do, it will never happen.

It is a group alliance they work as a group, not what one country or person tells them too.

Caporegime
Biden has proven himself to be an unreliable corrupt liar for over 40 years; I don’t think you can assume he will back NATO in all scenarios.

The position that the US would not back NATO in an actual fight has existed since it's inception, ultimately the US will come first for it's government regardless of who is in power and their defence of NATO will only ever be an extension of it's own defence.

Man of Honour
Biden has proven himself to be an unreliable corrupt liar for over 40 years; I don’t think you can assume he will back NATO in all scenarios.

Not really the thread for it - but puzzles me how some are pro-Biden - but then by their own admissions some of them apparently don't follow what he is actually doing which makes it the more puzzling. Beneath the veneer he isn't a very nice person at all and it doesn't take much perception to see that.

Caporegime
Not really the thread for it - but puzzles me how some are pro-Biden - but then by their own admissions some of them apparently don't follow what he is actually doing which makes it the more puzzling. Beneath the veneer he isn't a very nice person at all and it doesn't take much perception to see that.

Is it possible to remain a nice person having been in the the US senate for that long? I doubt it, even Sanders will have a darkness around him.

Soldato
I
Nope

If all other member nations wants to do something and USA don't it will still happen.

And in reverse.

If USA want NATO to intervene but no other member nation's do, it will never happen.

It is a group alliance they work as a group, not what one country or person tells them too.

On paper unquestionably. In the real world think again . America makes up over 40% of NATO troops , if the american president says no it’s no .

Permabanned

Nobody cares that much about POTUS, just that he's just not as horrible or corrupt or lies as much trump so it's all good. Given the low bar of trump that's not hard.

Caporegime
I

On paper unquestionably. In the real world think again . America makes up over 40% of NATO troops , if the american president says no it’s no .

In this situation now, pretty sure the European members will just think, "yep knew that was coming" and just crack on as a joint force on their own without the USA.

Yes they would be a weaker force without, but would not stop them doing what is necessary.

Man of Honour
So remind me again why the US is sending more troops and equipment to the boarders with Ukraine if they have no intent to use it in a fight?

Trying to look like you are strong to dissuade the other party from attacking - which is valid unless they can see through you.

Caporegime
Trying to look like you are strong to dissuade the other party from attacking - which is valid unless they can see through you.

So thats the first line of defence, strength, which some are claiming the US are not showing.

So Russia attack a border, given how spread out the US forces are some will be hit, the US will just stand by and let the forces and equipment be captured? I think not.

Hopefully we will never find out the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom