Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Trump wanted NATO to be properly funded by the European states who neglected to do that, he called out Germany for failing to pay for their own defense by only putting 1.5% of their GDP into it while simultaneously buying oil from Russia, they have now upped their defence spending and stopped buying Russian oil - only since Russia invaded Ukraine. Trump was literally 100% correct in what he said. Gerhard Schröder the former German Chancellor was nominated to be a director at Gazprom, he also was a proponent of Nordstream 2, you don't think maybe Trump had a ******* point? On one hand the US is paying for defending Germany from Russia, while Germany is paying for Russia's military via oil money. It's laughably outrageous and Trump called it out. Yet people like you just say Orange man bad.

Trump was in it for his own vanity, nothing else. Like the rest of his presidency. He is and was manifestly unsuitable to be a world leader.

Soldato
Is there no routes to Kyiv open to the west? Also where are all the tanks we know they have? perhaps they're in the west waiting for a push back, who knows.

Man of Honour
Is there no routes to Kyiv open to the west? Also where are all the tanks we know they have? perhaps they're in the west waiting for a push back, who knows.

Ukraine has at least 2, that I know of, heavy armour brigades held back just west of Kyiv - I assume in a kind of blocking position to make it harder for Russia to surround the capital without considerations and/or to make it more of a consideration to try and cut off the supply routes.

Associate
@Freakbro, @Mr Jack

Just been catching up with Harry's Farm on YT and he talks about fertiliser costs on his farm. On average he used to spend around £25,000, this year is £42,000 and if he were to order now for next year £100,000. That is for the same acreage and crops.

He raises the point what price must wheat be to support that fertiliser price, not to mention fuel and all the other inputs also going up. Is it worth the risk for farmers and are banks willing to lend that amount against what is a fairly risky venture anyway?

Just after 4 mins in.

Soldato
Worth a listen. He spells out his opinions on Putin, the Russian military. What we've been doing right, wrong and what more we can do.

Retired United States Army Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman who was the former Director for European Affairs for the United States National Security Council. They discuss how “the perfect phone call” set into motion the events we’re now experiencing today with the Russia-Ukraine war. Plus, why was the Russian army not immediately victorious like so many predicted, what more can NATO and the United States be doing to continue to aid Ukraine

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...he-end-for-putin/id1551582052?i=1000553757973

Soldato
@Freakbro, @Mr Jack

Just been catching up with Harry's Farm on YT and he talks about fertiliser costs on his farm. On average he used to spend around £25,000, this year is £42,000 and if he were to order now for next year £100,000. That is for the same acreage and crops.

He raises the point what price must wheat be to support that fertiliser price, not to mention fuel and all the other inputs also going up. Is it worth the risk for farmers and are banks willing to lend that amount against what is a fairly risky venture anyway?

Just after 4 mins in.

Supply and demand. It can be impressive how quickly holes in supply can be filled where demand exists.

Caporegime

I too get most of my knowledge of farming from Harry's Farm :p

Yeah, it's going to be a very serious problem and not one that can be quickly or simply solved. Governments need to step in immediately and back their farmers but, even then, we're looking at a massive shock to the food supply situation. There's just too much lag in farming for any solution to come through in time to prevent problems. I'm not worried at a personal, or even national, level but poor people and countries are going to suffer.

Better get on with building those raised beds I've been failing to get around to for those past two years ;)

Soldato
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60685883/page/2

Just can’t believe Biden coming out with such garbage , he’s effectively given Putin the go ahead to do what he likes in Ukraine . I also believe he’s to blame for this given the way he pulled out of Afghanistan.

In addition to this pulling out of the MiG deal makes no sense to me either given the amount of Stinger missiles and anti tank weapons NATO have already supplied.

I don’t know who’s worse , Putin as war mongering dictator or the head of the free world being a gutless pacifist .

Ukraine from what I have seen will fight to the death but having the moral support of the rest of the world is not enough, it’s clear to see Putin is effectively all in here and seeing what happened in Syria he’s probably only on half speed in his occupation- I feel the worst is yet to come and we sit by and do nothing.

No one wants war but sometimes you have to put a mad dog down , sooner or later I feel will have to play Nuclear poker .

What a load of tosh :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom