Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I was listening to an episode of a Podcast called Angry Planet the other day, which featured an interview with a chap called Mark Galeotti, a chap who’s a well regarded professor and author on Russia and Russian history, and he raises a good point in relation to speculation about Putin’s health.

Russia made so much of being the first to roll out a COVID vaccine in Sputnik V, and as we’ve seen with so many other world leaders, it makes for a good PR photo to have your President/Prime Minister etc being seen to get the jab, so why did Putin pass up the chance to get his photo of him having Russian glory injected into his veins? Additionally, why the absurd bio-security surrounding Putin, such as the farcically long meeting tables? The Kremlin states he’s vaccinated, but they don’t say with what and when. Could it be that Putin’s undergoing treatment for something that leaves him immune-compromised and unable to be vaccinated?

I can only hope that the rumours about Putin’s health are true, and he suffers a demise every bit as painful and miserable as my dad’s when he died of cancer 13 years ago. IMHO, Putin’s actions in life have earned him such an end.

I'm highly skeptical of the health rumours, one media place talked about him being bloated as proof. Didnt seem to occur to them that he is 70 years old and maybe thats why he looks fatter? Another media place said that he was leaner in 2007. Man is fitter and in better shape 15 years ago shocker !

I personally think the whole "health" issues thing is just another piece of propaganda rather than anything grounded in fact.

Man of Honour
I'm highly skeptical of the health rumours, one media place talked about him being bloated as proof. Didnt seem to occur to them that he is 70 years old and maybe thats why he looks fatter? Another media place said that he was leaner in 2007. Man is fitter and in better shape 15 years ago shocker !

I personally think the whole "health" issues thing is just another piece of propaganda rather than anything grounded in fact.

Some recent footage he has been spluttering/coughing badly, also nervous/uncontrolled body movement/twitches when he may have thought the camera wasn't showing it and/or him. Doesn't confirm any health issues but does possibly suggest there is something going on.

Soldato
Associate
*(Reuters) - Britain will pay people 350 pounds ($456) a month if they can offer Ukrainian refugees a spare room or property for a minimum period of six months, amid the fastest-growing refugee crisis in Europe since World War Two.
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/brits-get-350-pounds-month-open-homes-ukraine-refugees-2022-03-13/
~from 4hr ago

Makes my blood boil that. All the accommodation that would be available if they kicked out those tens of thousands who are here illegally and still coming.

Associate
China has been flying into Taiwan's airspace for a while - snip
Not even Taiwan airspace …. their air defence zone. Airspace is something like 12 miles from the coast. These ADIZ things are something like 200 miles, and overlap each other.
Poor reporting with an agenda doesn’t bother to highlight the difference.
The Taiwan one extends over China mainland! No **** the Chinese military don’t comply.

Soldato
Makes my blood boil that. All the accommodation that would be available if they kicked out those tens of thousands who are here illegally and still coming.
Random trigger.

Why linking Ukraine with your xenophobia? Why not our skills shortage, or our tax dodgers? People failing to educate themselves out of menial work, and people dodging tax cost this country far more than your pet hate.

Tea Drinker
Don
Soldato
UK defence ministry says:
- Russian forces are attempting to envelop Ukrainian forces in the east of the country as they advance from the direction of Kharkiv in the north and Mariupol in the south.
- Russian forces advancing from Crimea are attempting to circumvent Mykolaiv as they look to drive west towards Odesa.
- Russia is paying a high price for each advance as the Ukrainian Armed Forces continues to offer staunch resistance across the country.

FNtf5q9XEAI2zik

https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1502900346703814657

Last edited:
Soldato
*(Reuters) - Britain will pay people 350 pounds ($456) a month if they can offer Ukrainian refugees a spare room or property for a minimum period of six months, amid the fastest-growing refugee crisis in Europe since World War Two.
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/brits-get-350-pounds-month-open-homes-ukraine-refugees-2022-03-13/
~from 4hr ago

Government seems out of touch with rental market, thats below market rates. But if it does get suitors then fair play, have they offered a "disregarded as income" to entice people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom