Soldato
— Bloomberg (CET Time)

*Firms Pull $45 Billion of Deals Since War Started

ne67xT7.png
*Russia Hits Rail Infrastructure, Governor Says

LZd5y3i.png
*Russian Soldiers Break Up Protest Outside Nuclear Plant

Ov4eB27.png

*Ukraine Presidential Adviser: Ukrainian Troops Have Retaken Over 30 Settlements in Kyiv Region From Russian Force — RTRS ~2hrs ago
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-p...ern-and-southern-regions-says-senior-official

*Ukraine’s Grain Exports Held Up As Railways Struggle to Cope - Analyst
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...up-railways-struggle-cope-analyst-2022-04-02/

Super slow news cause of the weekend :)

Last edited:
Soldato
just to put my cynical and paranoid mind at ease, why won't
Russia use nuclear weapons in Ukraine?
Firstly I'd imagine they want to exploit Ukraines resourses, irradiating the country you are trying to occupy and exploit is a bit silly. Secondly, I'd expect fear of fallout blowing into russia and effecting its own population or NATO countries and prompting a response.
Lastly, and probably most improtantly, a nuclear strike would likely turn its few remaining "allies" against it, and they have no idea how the west would react in response.

Caporegime
just to put my cynical and paranoid mind at ease, why won't
Russia use nuclear weapons in Ukraine?

Difficult to blame it on Ukraine (not that they wouldn't try), would expose China's policy around sovereignty and nuclear weapons as a lie if they continue to defend Russia or force them to defend it by denouncing Russia and likely force any on-the-fence countries in Europe to make a decision about which side they're on wrt to NATO/EU or CSTO/EEU.

Plenty of other liabilities from such an action which I doubt Putin wants to risk with the already heavy economic and strategic cost that's occurred just from the invasion itself.

Soldato
The US right wing has now somehow turned Ukraine and Zelensky into the enemy and Putin as the white knight.

From breitbart homepage:
Screenshot-2022-04-02-164253.png

Zelensky apparently 'demands' weapons on the front page. You read the article and it is a request and he has asked.

You then read the comments from American right wingers and apparently Ukraine is actually a corrupt Nazi state and Putin is well within his rights to defend Russia. I don't even think most of them are Russian bots. They just like promoting the opposite of anything Joe Biden says or does tbh. I've noticed similar people in this thread have disappeared now.

Last edited:
Soldato
— Bloomberg (CET Time)

*Lithuania Ends Gas Imports over Ruble Demand

AWlJkMW.png
*Ukrainian Journalist Killed in Fighting

O1NUh8c.png

*Ukrainian Refugees Massing at US-Mexico Border — NYP ~3hrs ago
*Russia Probes Ukrainian Military Over Belgorod Oil Depot Attack — WSJ
https://nypost.com/2022/04/02/ukrainian-refugees-massing-at-us-mexico-border/
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/ru...elgorod-oil-depot-attack-mcmxzodYSMNi6UInTuLJ

*German Economy Minister: Russian Gas Supply ‘Still Guaranteed’

Soldato
so in part atleast this is a resource grab?
Partly, I wouldnt say its the primary goal, but it would by naive to think it isnt part of the overall goals, Ukraine produces huge amounts of Grains/Cereals and still has a lot of natural resourses to be abused, there is also the strategic ports along the black sea, and for the most part to control Ukraine would effectively give them control of the majority of Black Sea. That said I think the main motivationg factor for Putin in this conflict is more to do with Russia's sphere of influence, they dont want westward looking nations on its doorstep. I think there is also an element of Putin looking to secure a legacy and harking back to the glory days of Russia. Russia is a fading giant with an aging population and below average economy considering its size and resourses it holds.

Soldato
— Bloomberg (CET Time)

*Ex-ICC Prosecutor Urges Arrest Warrant for Putin

aASjSVb.png

Y8PBVFm.png
*Ukrainian President Zelenskiy: Retreating Russian Troops Leaving Mines in Northern Ukraine

*Ukrainian Presidential Adviser: Ukrainian Military Have Retaken Around 30 Localities in the Kyiv Region.
*Ukrainian Presidential Adviser: Ukrainian Troops Are Holding the Front Line in the East.
*Ukrainian Presidential Adviser: Heavy Fights Are Coming for Ukraine’s East, South, and Mariupol.
*Chinese Diplomat, After EU-China Summit, Says China Is Not Doing Anything to Deliberately Circumvent Sanctions on Russia
https://www.reuters.com/world/china...ly-circumventing-sanctions-russia-2022-04-02/
*Following the EU-China Conference, a Chinese Diplomat Stated That China-EU Collaboration Cannot Be Reversed by Any Force.
*Following the EU-China Conference, a Chinese Diplomat Stated That Ukraine, Iran, and Other Countries Are “Points of Collaboration” Rather Than “Issues of Conflict."
*After the EU-China Conference, a Chinese Diplomat Stated That China Cannot Change the EU, and the EU Cannot Change China.
*Chinese Diplomat: China Is Not Doing Anything to Deliberately Evade Sanctions on Russia.
*Chinese Diplomat: There Has Been No Movement on the Blocked Investment Pact With the EU. the Ball Is Now in the EU’s Court.

*Russia’s Gazprom: We Have Continued Gas Shipments via Ukraine, Saturday Volume at 108.3 Mln Cubic Metres.
*Ukraine Deputy Prime Minister: 4,217 People Were Evacuated From Front Line Hotspots on Saturday
*Governor of Ukraine’s Poltava Region: A Russian Air Strike Damaged an Airfield Runway and a Fuel Store Near Myrhorod City. — RTRS
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-p...epot-in-ukraines-poltava-region-says-governor

*China’s Securities Regulator Plans to Modify Confidentiality Rules Governing Chinese Companies’ Overseas Listings.
*CSRC: The Goal of Rule Revision Is to Create a Framework for Efficient Cross-Border Regulatory Collaboration.
*In International Listings, the Proposed Amended Guidelines Make It Clear That Chinese Businesses Are Responsible for Information Security.
*CSRC: Unnecessary Confidential Material Will Not Be Entered Into Audit Working Papers As a Result of Rule Modification.

*Fed’s Williams: Disruptions in Key Commodities As a Result of the Ukraine Conflict Might Have a Global Economic Impact.
*Fed’s Williams: Inflation Has Become the Fed’s Biggest Challenge, With Especially Acute Threats.
*Fed’s Williams: I Expect the Fed to Accomplish a Soft Landing, With Inflation Easing While Unemployment Rate Remains Near Current 3.6% Level.
*Fed’s Williams: The Combination of a Diminishing Balance Sheet and Rate Hikes Should Limit Inflation to 4% This Year and Near 2% in 2024.
*Fed’s Williams: Balance Sheet Run-Off Could Begin As Early As May.
*Fed’s Williams: Inflation Forecasts in the Long Run Are Still Solidly Anchored.
*Fed’s Williams: We’re Seeing Elevated Inflation in a Variety of Categories.
*Fed’s Williams: The Fed Expects Ongoing Increases in Interest Rates.
*Fed’s Williams: Ukraine Likely to Push up Near Term Inflation but Will Have Little Influence on US GDP.
*Fed’s Williams Has yet to See the Ukraine War Have a Significant Impact on Global Risk Sentiment.
*Fed’s Williams Expects the Ukraine War to Have a Lasting Impact in the Long Run.
*ECB’s Schnabel: Policy Normalisation Is Still the Best Line of Action.
*ECB's Schnabel: Fiscal Policy Can Assist Mitigate the Effects of War.
*ECB’s Schnabel: Fiscal Support Will Be Targeted to Avoid Price Pressure.
*ECB’s Schnabel: War Will Measurably Dull the Speed of the Recovery.
*ECB’s Schnabel: War Will Push Inflation Further Away From the ECB’s Target.
*ECB’s Schnabel: A Significant Portion of Inflation Is Expected to Be More Persistent.
*ECB’s Schnabel: Economic Growth Risks Are Titled to the Downside.
*ECB’s Schnabel: The Speed of Normalization Depends on the War’s Fallout.
*ECB’s Schnabel: Inflationary Pressures Are Increasing Further.

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/press/key/date/2022/html/ecb.sp220402~9af4336c23.en.html

*EU’s Gentiloni: The EU Is Working on New Sanctions on Russia, but They Will Have No Impact on the Energy Industry.
*EU’s Gentiloni: The EU’s Prediction of 4% Growth Is Optimistic, and the Union Will Not Achieve It.
~Some of this news isn't from right now, only hitting wire now

Last edited:
Soldato
The US right wing has now somehow turned Ukraine and Zelensky into the enemy and Putin as the white knight.

From breitbart homepage:
Screenshot-2022-04-02-164253.png

Zelensky apparently 'demands' weapons on the front page. You read the article and it is a request and he has asked.

You then read the comments from American right wingers and apparently Ukraine is actually a corrupt Nazi state and Putin is well within his rights to defend Russia. I don't even think most of them are Russian bots. They just like promoting the opposite of anything Joe Biden says or does tbh. I've noticed similar people in this thread have disappeared now.

Yeah on patriot.win Ukraine and anyone who supports them is now the enemy. It is insane just how insane the far right of America is now and its not even a fringe movement anymore.

Caporegime
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom