Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
— Bloomberg (CET Time)

*Ukraine Needs Urgent Help on Mines

gvOKphD.png

*Trafigura Provides a New Record Discount On Russian Urals Oil.
*Germany's Foreign Minister Baerbock: German Government Decided Today to “Declare Undesirable” a Significant Number of Officials at Russian Embassy.
*Germany's Foreign Minister Baerbock: To Decisively Increase Support to Ukrainian Armed Forces, Strengthen NATO’s Eastern Flank

Last edited:
Soldato
— Bloomberg (CET Time)

*Germany Expels Russian Diplomats

kJxbUCf.png

Foreign Secretary Truss and Ukrainian FM Kuleba give a press conference in Warsaw: https://youtu.be/7U0Z3bPhENE

*UK Foreign Minister Truss: We Need to Announce a Tough New Wave of Sanctions on Russia
*UK Foreign Minister Truss: There Should Be No Talk of Removing Sanctions on Russia When Its Troops Are in Ukraine

*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: We’re Prepping for Russia’s Eastward Offensive.
*Ukraine's Foreign Minister Kuleba: The Images From Bucha Show the Need for More Serious Sanctions on Russia
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: Atrocities in Bucha Are Just the Tip of the Iceberg
*Ukraine's Foreign Minister Kuleba: Discussing With G-7 Oil, Gas Embargo on Russia
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: Some G-7 Members Still Have Energy Embargo Doubts.

*Ukraine President Zelenskiy: If Ukraine Had Not Defended Itself Russian “Crimes” in Bucha Would Have Happened Everywhere
*Ukraine President Zelenskiy: Fate of Central Europe and Black Sea Region Is Currently Being Decided in Ukraine
*Ukraine President Zelenskiy: New Sanctions Are Needed on Russia and Ukraine Must Be Supported With Weapons
*Ukraine President Zelenskiy: Asks Romania for More Help to Counter Russia Threat

kJxbUCf.png
*Moscow Will Respond to Germany’s Decision to Expel 40 Russian Diplomats — Interfax Cites Foreign Ministry
*The IEA Intends to Announce the Release of 120 Million Barrels of Crude at 12:30 PM ET — Quantum Commodity Intelligence
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/moscow-respond-expulsion-its-diplomats-germany-interfax-2022-04-04/
https://www.qcintel.com/article/exc...ce-release-of-120m-barrels-of-crude-5184.html

*Italy’s Ecology Transition Minister: Expects 10 BCM of Extra Gas From Deals With Algeria, Azerbaijan, Libya This Year.
*Italy’s Ecology Transition Minister: Expects Extra Gas From Deals With Algeria, Azerbaijan, Libya to Reach More Than 20 BCM/yr to Early 2024.
*Italy’s Ecology Transition Minister: Expects to Close First Deals for Extra Gas Next Week.

Last edited:
Permabanned
The great thing about the wonderful, seemingly never flagging, inputs from 0007 is he maintains the news with rarely any comment, which compared to most of the mainstream media is delightfully refreshing. I know I would probably not have the willpower to be so distanced ;) Probably? OK, almost certainly...Thank you 0007. Have a vodka Martini on me.

Associate
*German Finance Minister Lindner: New Sanctions Against Russia Are Required.
*German Finance Minister Lindner: New Sanctions Must Not Harm EU Members.
*German Finance Minister Lindner: Gas Sanctions Would Harm the EU More Than Russia.

*German Finance Minister Lindner: We Must Sever All Ties With Russia As Soon As Possible.
*German Finance Minister Lindner: The EU Must Cut All Economic Ties With Russia As Soon As Possible but Must Treat Gas, Oil, and Coal Separately.
*German Finance Minister Lindner Declines to Speculate Whether the EU Will Impose an Embargo on Russian Energy Imports.

*EU Economic Commissioner Gentiloni: All Possible Sanctions Against Russia Are Still on the Table, Now More Than Ever.
*Polish State Assets Minister Sasin: Poland Wants to Run Coal Fired Power Plants Well Beyond 2049 — PAP — Reuters

*Ukraine’s Finance Ministry: It Is Looking Into an International Bond Issuance Scheme to Fund the Country’s Defence Efforts. — RTRS
'Ukraine's finance ministry confirmed on Monday it was looking at options to tap international capital markets in a push to raise fresh financing to fund its defence efforts.'

*Ukraine President Zelenskiy: It Is Very Hard to Negotiate With Russia When We See What They Have Done in Ukraine — RTRS
'Zelenskiy spoke on national television from the town of Bucha in the Kyiv region, where tied bodies shot at close range, a mass grave and other signs of executions have been found in territory retaken from Russian troops.'

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...-ukraine-make-negotiations-harder-2022-04-04/

*UK Finance Ministry: We Intend to Create Legislation to Bring Certain Stablecoins, Being Used As a Means of Payment, Into the Regulatory Perimeter.
*UK Finance Ministry: Certain Stablecoins Have the Capacity to Potentially Become a Widespread Means of Payment Including by Retail Customers.
*UK Finance Ministry: An Amended E-Money Framework Can Provide a Consistent Framework to Regulate Stablecoin Issuance As Well As the Provision of Wallets and Custody Services.
*UK Finance Minister: The Government Plans to Extend the Applicability of Part 5 of the 2009 Banking Act to Include Stablecoin Activities, and to Apply in Cases Where Risks Have the Potential to Be Systemic.

*UK Finance Ministry: UK’s Finance Minister Sunak Has Requested the UK Royal Mint to Create an NFT, to Be Issued by the Summer.

*UK’s Finance Minister Sunak: It Is My Ambition to Make the UK a Global Hub for Cryptoasset Technology.

I heard on radio today that Russian economy would get harmed by 40% and EU 3% if we placed an embargo on oil & gas. Oil could be easily replaced by another country since the oil is arriving by boat although gas wouldn’t be that easy.

Man of Honour
Russian supply lines are shorter in the East, and now they've lost face and can focus on one front, I'm genuinely scared of what lies ahead for Ukraine. I just hope behind the scenes our leaders are doing far more than they're talking about.

I also worry about Ukraine being unable to take forces away from the west in case there's another, much better planned assault. I know the Russians may be short of kit and men, to an extent, but they're not short of extremely nasty weapons or soft targets.

Horrible times ahead, I fear. And I've never wanted to be more wrong about anything.

What it does do is open up multiple western supply lines. Hopefully we can get a lot more kit in now. Ukraine was pretty much at a stalemate in the east, but that was when we were only providing training, we’ll now supply a lot more of what they need. Unfortunately it could just go on and on. It won’t be close to a functioning country for a long time.

Man of Honour
— Bloomberg (CET Time)

kJxbUCf.png

Good. The rest of the Russians can go too. It’s all too easy for them to run from the mess of a country they’ve all contributed to. It’s just heartbreaking to see what they’ve done in Ukraine. **** the lot of them.

Soldato
3 very large military aircraft passed my house today and i have never seen them fly so low in all my life

must be in serious traing mode

Soldato
*Ukraine Humanitarian Situation Worsening Through Kiev’s Fault — Russian Top Brass — TASS
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Russia Will Hold a News Conference in New York Later Today to Address the Bucha Charges.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Britain Has Once Again Rejected an Attempt to Call a United Nations Security Council Meeting on Bucha.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: It’s Too Early to Tell How Ukraine's Enhanced Realism Would Translate Into a Formal Deal, but Talks Are Continuing.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov When Asked About the Prospects of Ukraine/Russia Peace Talks: There Is Always Hope.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: The Country Is Willing to Have an Honest Conversation With the West.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: The West’s Failure to Engage in Serious Dialogue With Russia Will Result in Nothing Beneficial and Is Not in Anyone’s Best Interests.

*City Council of Ukraine’s Mariupol: Russia Has Nominated Its Own Mayor of Mariupol.

*For the First Time Since 2008, Us Coal Prices Have Surpassed $100 per Tonne.
*Turkey & the US Have Launched a Strategic Mechanism in Ankara. — Statement.

*Fitch Ratings: Financial Institutions Face War and Stagflation Risks.
*Canada: Will Impose Restrictions on Nine Russian and Nine Belarusian Individuals for Having Facilitated and Enabled Ukraine Invasion

@Chris Wilson Thank you, I try :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Oil could be easily replaced by another country since the oil is arriving by boat...
No other exporter is able to up its exports by several million barrels per day to replace Russian exports. If it's just the case of Russia shipping more oil to say, India and India importing less from Saudi allowing EU to import from Saudi instead... That's just moving the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Soldato
*France: We Have Decided to Expel a Large Number of Russian Diplomatic Staff.
*France: The Actions of the Russian Diplomats Are Incompatible With Our Security Interests.

~35 are being expelled

*Moscow Will Respond to France’s Move to Expel Russian Diplomats. — IFAX.

*Eurogroup’s President Donohoe: The EU Is Ready to Ratchet up Penalties Against Russia.
*Eurogroup’s President Donohoe: The EU27 Will Meet to Address Additional Russian Measures Tuesday
*Eurogroup’s President Donohoe: In 2022, Economic Growth Is to Slow Down on Uncertainty.
*Eurogroup’s President Donohoe: Many Economies Are Still Expecting Positive Growth.
*Eurogroup’s President Donohoe: The Energy Transition Is Going to Happen Much Faster Than Seen.
*Eurogroup’s President Donohoe: We Are Planning an Extra Eurogroup Meeting in Early May.

Last edited:
Soldato
No other exporter is able to up its exports by several million barrels per day to replace Russian exports. If it's just the case of Russia shipping more oil to say, India and India importing less from Saudi allowing EU to import from Saudi instead... That's just moving the deckchairs on the Titanic.

You may not have noticed that OPEC are doing nothing WRT increasing oil output. From their viewpoint they are getting twice as much for the same oil and multiple times as much for gas. Why would they do anything?

Soldato
Eh?
Where did all this balls come from?

Did you quote the wrong post or something?

If you've seen the news today you may have noticed that Russia is continuing to claim that all these bodies are being found in the areas they are leaving because Ukrainians are killing their own people to try and make Russia look bad. Do you not think that this is incredibly unlikely to be true? Not least because Ukraine currently has the moral high ground, world wide support and high morale amongst its people, all of which would be lost if they were found to be mass murdering their own civilians.

Soldato
*EU Economic Commissioner Gentiloni: The EU Must Lessen Its Strategic Reliance on Russia.
*EU Economic Commissioner Gentiloni: We Are Going to Strengthen Supply Chains With Other Partners.
*EU Economic Commissioner Gentiloni: ‘We Respect Contracts’
*EU Economic Commissioner Gentiloni: Almost All Russian Gas Contracts Are Denominated in Euros.
*Eurogroup’s President Donohoe: Eurogroup Ministers Have Not yet Considered the Specifics of Potential Sanctions.

*EU’s New Russia Sanctions to Likely Include Steel, Luxury Goods, Jet Fuel and More, Sources Say — CNBC (2hrs ago)
https://cnb.cx/3u6wLRp

*State Department: US Is Supporting a Multi-National Team of International Prosecutors to Ukraine to Collect and Analyze Evidence, at the Request of Ukraine — Reuters

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you quote the wrong post or something?

If you've seen the news today you may have noticed that Russia is continuing to claim that all these bodies are being found in the areas they are leaving because Ukrainians are killing their own people to try and make Russia look bad. Do you not think that this is incredibly unlikely to be true? Not least because Ukraine currently has the moral high ground, world wide support and high morale amongst its people, all of which would be lost if they were found to be mass murdering their own civilians.

Right so you are saying that the Russians are saying the Ukrainians are doing it and you believe them or it could be true!?

I haz 4090!
Don
I honestly can’t believe they’re still trying to pedal that nonsense that they aren’t responsible for all those civilian bodies like it’s possible in the slightest. That’s what annoys/worries me the most about them; their bare-faced arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom