Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Videos of Ukrainian soldiers castrating Russian soldiers, shooting in balls etc, then booting them in balls, as well as generally kicking the crap out of them but, it's ridiculous to be as black and white as if to say Ukraine are the good guys and Russia are the bad guys or visa versa, same as to say we or the West are the good guys, more complex than that, we have more sophisticated economic systems which allow us to live differently.

I think the Ukrainians would rather the Russians just weren’t there, which seems reasonable.

Soldato
Nonsense! Ukraine never asked for this. Whilst I dont agree on any terms with that level of barbarism. I also dont have any sympathy for whatever hell the Ukrainian forces bring upon the the Russian forces when they have the chance. Ukraines best chance of coming out the other side of this conflict is by making this so bloody and so messy for Russia that they can no longer justify carrying on with this stupidity.

what difference do you think these acts of barbarism will have on the psyche of the Russians and the Ukrainians? zero, it will only strengthen the hate. Also two wrongs dont make a right, if ukranians could keep their temper ( i understand given the circumstances its difficult) it would be a total victory on all levels.

And finally this logic is not right, what should we have done to the Germans after ww2, their crimes were the worst ever, should the british/french/american and soviet occupation forces walk around berlin and shoot at will at everyone? Remember the Germans killed millions on an industrial scale!

Caporegime
Your just as barbaric then.

Russia invaded Ukraine. Not the other way around. Only someone with the morality of a potato would pretend that anything that Ukraine does to Russian invaders is equivalent to the moral depravity of the invaders.

I hope that Ukrainian soldiers who are found to have committed abuses in the aftermath of all this are suitably punished, but only tedious pro-Putin/Fascist trolls believe that this compares to state-sanctioned war crimes such as those committed by Russian forces.

Crawl back under your bridge, you worthless worm.

Man of Honour
Russia invaded Ukraine. Not the other way around. Only someone with the morality of a potato would pretend that anything that Ukraine does to Russian invaders is equivalent to the moral depravity of the invaders.

I hope that Ukrainian soldiers who are found to have committed abuses in the aftermath of all this are suitably punished, but only tedious pro-Putin/Fascist trolls believe that this compares to state-sanctioned war crimes such as those committed by Russian forces.

Crawl back under your bridge, you worthless worm.

Same as some are trying to equate collateral civilian deaths in other conflicts, as tragic as that is, with the intentionally carried out atrocities often involving rape and torture before death.

Soldato
I find it odd people wanting to watch these mentioned videos. I haven’t sought them out and have no desire to. I wonder why people do… probably doesn’t help people not acting in such callous ways if they have become so desensitised to horrific images.

I’m glad they aren’t allowed here.

Man of Honour
I find it odd people wanting to watch these mentioned videos. I haven’t sought them out and have no desire to. I wonder why people do… probably doesn’t help people not acting in such callous ways if they have become so desensitised to horrific images.

Same - though I've seen so much over the years I don't need to see them to know what I will see...

Soldato
— Bloomberg (CET Time)

*Oil Rises as Europe Plans New Russia Sanctions

oeZv1X5.png

*Nissan to Extend Halt on Russia Plant Indefinitely — Asahi

Soldato

I'm interested in the psychology, mind games and strategy of warfare, I try to understand the meaning and patterns in the madness.

Soldato
It goes back to something I said awhile back - and people including myself might have trouble adjusting to mentally. Putin has come to see you, I, anyone in Russia or Ukraine who doesn't believe in his vision as a lower class of human, almost along the lines of the way Hitler used the übermensch thing. So killing them to him is like putting down an animal. Which is also problematic for any kind of peace agreement or treaties as for Putin it would be humiliating to make an agreement, not on his terms, with those he considers a lower level than him. People still talking in terms of Putin looking for an off-ramp, etc. I'm not sure are reading Putin correctly - they are superimposing the way they understand a Western, etc. leader to think.

There will be some, possibly analogous to the Nazi SS and others who've been brainwashed by the propaganda, etc., who'll be of similar mindset.

Which is why I'm certain Zelinsky and Putin will never meet face to face for talks or even communicate directly by phone etc Putin sees him as untermenschen like the nazis did with eastern europeans in general, sub human. Its not in his mindset that he can ever talk to him as he would another human being because he's simply not human in his mind.

Mikhail Khodorkovsky does make a good point that it is easy to overlook - Russia supposedly invaded Ukraine to stop NATO at the doorstep (as well as all the other reasons they've claimed) and this is as much as anything a war with NATO for Russia. It is easy to get into the mindset of this being contained to Ukraine.

Another interesting point which I can't at this point verify:

news.yahoo.com said:
"His propagandists have already been started to prepare Russian society for an attack on NATO countries. They're constantly talking about this," Khodorkovsky said. "And this is the preparation of Russian public opinion for this."
"I'm absolutely convinced that, if Putin decides that he has won in Ukraine, this is not going to be the last step, the last war," Khodorkovsky said. "The next steps will be the Baltic countries."

Bring it on then, I'd like to see the look on Putin's face when NATO wipes the floor and takes the war right to the front door of the Kremlin that might shake him out of his alternate reality he appears to be living in where russia's armies aren't completely useless and hopelessly outgunned. I really hope NATO are secretly drawing up plans to deal with a potential attack by russia.

(After seeing what they've been up to in Bucha et al yes I am angry and may not be thinking rationally)

Last edited:
Soldato
What a stupidly flippant comment.

what difference do you think these acts of barbarism will have on the psyche of the Russians and the Ukrainians?
When the enemy already see's you an sub-human you are right, zero! its gonna happen anyway!

this logic is not right, what should we have done to the Germans after ww2, their crimes were the worst ever, should the british/french/american and soviet occupation forces walk around berlin and shoot at will at everyone? Remember the Germans killed millions on an industrial scale!
If we are looking at WW2, it worked in Japan didnt it? Make the thought of further war so horrific that its just too unpalletable.

However back to present, we are talking about an adversary who dosnt respect the Geneva convention or just basic humanity. That line has already been crossed. Whilst legally it is in Ukrainian soldiers interests to stick on the morally just side of this, I can definitely see why this sort of thing would happen, bring it down to a level that the enemy can understand! I still dont have any sympathy for the Russian forces. This is where the west will always be at a disadvantage in conflicts like this, in war we value professionalism, morality, standards and humanity and we must. These basic tenants are drilled into us as soldiers, and I like to think if we were in the same situation my professionalism and standards wouldnt allow me or my colleagues to indulge in these type of actions. That dosnt mean I dont have some level of understanding of what would make somebody flip to actually do it. I've seen enough barbarism from the enemy despite the restraint of our forces to know that desire for retrebution.

Associate
I accidentally saw a photo (wish it was censored by twitter, hope it was faked somehow) of two dead families including children just now, apparently murdered in cold blood (caption suggested rape) rather than caught in crossfire. As more of this sort of thing comes out I suspect the numbers of Russians being taken prisoner will fall sharply.

Associate
I am sickened by what I am seeing in Ukraine. We need to send as many weapons to Ukraine as possible.

The Russian people are surely complicit in this, they know what their soldiers are doing.

Soldato

I think for the most part its just sheer blind curiosity. A spectical, something we dont often get to see. Something almost Taboo that instictively draws some people.
I'll watch these videos, I wont actively search for them but if presented will watch. I feel as I have aged and experienced more of life and value that life, they effect me more. Not to the point I actively avoid, but there is definitely a stronger emotional effect (Mainly anger and sadness). However, I dont think you should hide yourself away from such things.

Soldato
lol, what does that even mean? Why do you need to look at dead bodies, rape victims and torture to try and understand that meaning?

I don't look at sill images of dead bodies, I do watch some of the videos to understand, they are talking, their sending messages in their behaviour, I have no interest in looking at dead people, I want to understand why people can do these terrible things. There are libraries of books written by people who have studied this for centuries, it's not sick to try to understand human nature.

Soldato

its irrelevant - if you listen to any Russian opponents of Putin both in and outside Russia and they all say the same thing: you cannot play nice with Putin, he does not care about rule of law or your facts or your moral code - he is only about winning by any means and he will lie, cheat, steal, break laws and commit crimes to get what he wants, he operates his government like the Mafia and the only way to negotiate with him is via force - you either show overwhelming force or you get on your knees and kiss the Don's ring that's your options

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom