Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
+ Finland will be a boggy cold damp wet mess, Based on what we know about Russian logistics its about as likely as a new Matrix film being anygood.

Caporegime
what if russianinvades them before they join nato?

As @Freddie1980 says it seems unlikely that Russia has the logistic capability to launch an invasion of Finland whilst engaged in Ukraine. That wouldn't stop it lobbing some missiles and shells across the border, taking out a few military targets in airstrikes, or generally being a dick towards Finland. I don't see it though. Finland would be entirely justified in a highly aggressive response to such action, and while Finland is far from a military power it still has enough modern kit to irritate Russia, and the international response would be furious.

Economic action seems more likely, and while 100% of Finland's gas come from Russia it represents a small enough customer for Russia that cutting them off wouldn't hurt Russia much. Finland doesn't have any gas storage, so it wouldn't have time to implement a response before the impact was felt either. Still, gas makes up a relatively small part of Finland's energy production so it'd probably be okay.

They've tried that before. It didn't go well.

Russia suffered heavy losses in the Winter War, but they also walked away with roughly 10% of Finnish territories.

Caporegime
I still think non NATO buffer countries are needed.
We still need Russia on our side in the future Chinese wars.
Russia needs a hand up to the 21st century, if its possible. i guess we tried that already though.
Putins replacement will hopefully be less, less Russian....

Soldato
Soldato
I still think non NATO buffer countries are needed.
We still need Russia on our side in the future Chinese wars.
Russia needs a hand up to the 21st century, if its possible. i guess we tried that already though.
Putins replacement will hopefully be less, less Russian....
Russia has chosen a different path for the forseeable future.

Associate
Finland Races Toward Likely NATO Membership as Putin's Warnings Backfire

https://www.newsweek.com/finland-na...4731?msclkid=81d58088b4a811ec85727812c4555474

I think theres one country that may prevent this from happening. Hungary.

Unlike all other european countries Hungary has been doubling down energy purchases from the Russia. So Putin has a firm hold on the country, and ofc Hungary is a Nato country.

Finland has really strong army, modern too. Would be good addition to Nato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom