Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Finland have a fairly strong military and Russia's last attempt didn't go too well.

Plus I'm not sure Sweden and Norway would sit there idle twiddling their thumbs should Finland be invaded, despite one being neutral and the other a Nato member. Not saying they would actively send troops, but that doesn't mean people and equipment wouldn't go over there, and the especially protecting sea routes from Turku and Stockholm

Caporegime
Plus I'm not sure Sweden and Norway would sit there idle twiddling their thumbs should Finland be invaded, despite one being neutral and the other a Nato member.

I think the whole EU, more or less, would act. Although the mutual defence clause in the EU rulebook isn't as strong as the NATO one, I think countries would consider it in their interest to act. Putting out a strong message that the EU will act together would help protect all members.

Associate
You have to see it from Putins point of view. Taking what Stalin could not, now that's a legacy for the history books.

Putin and Kremls narrative now is that finns are descendant of the nazis. So propaganda heating up in Russia even against Finland aswell.

For most people horrible things the russian troops have done have been shocking. But we already here near Russia know what will happen when russian troops comes. This is like 300 years ago all over again in Ukraine.

To be honest I thought this would have changed already, and even the simplest of people know the meaning of human life and are capable respecting it.

Russians just proved me wrong. And whole world.

Soldato
In addition and i dont think reported on here - Tactical AirForce Wing 51 - `Immelmann` are in full use , with the Tornado ECR - and it is little known they are nuclear capable.

For clarity, with NATO "Capable" only means they can physically carry and drop an unarmed Nuke which will not explode if dropped. "Certified" means the aircraft can Arm the bomb and therefore when dropped it will explode.

There's a huge difference between the two. For example only a small section of the RAF's Tornado GR1 fleet was "certified" despite every GR1 being "capable". However the later GR4 modification to those existing GR1 aircraft de-Certified every aircraft and left them all as "Capable" instead, as the RAF removed its aircraft dropped free-fall nukes and left the sub-launched Trident as our only nukes.

Soldato
For clarity, with NATO "Capable" only means they can physically carry and drop an unarmed Nuke which will not explode if dropped. "Certified" means the aircraft can Arm the bomb and therefore when dropped it will explode.

There's a huge difference between the two. For example only a small section of the RAF's Tornado GR1 fleet was "certified" despite every GR1 being "capable". However the later GR4 modification to those existing GR1 aircraft de-Certified every aircraft and left them all as "Capable" instead, as the RAF removed its aircraft dropped free-fall nukes and left the sub-launched Trident as our only nukes.

Its a little more complicated than that - as any DCA aircraft can be certified for weapon use in the event it is required - they would carry the B61. Currently Germany has 44 available weapons . Italy, Belgium and The Netherlands also host nuclear B61 weapons.

All under the Nuclear Sharing Agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom