Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I think the marginal instances of exploitation of Ukrainian refugees (negativity bias is a major part of human perception) requires a bit of restriction on who should be able to take them in.

Commissario
Those Russian cruisers seem vulnerable - as the middles are just sitting on the side waiting to be hit.

Hopefully this thing does not have Nuclear bombs/reactor onboard.
It won't have any nuclear weapons on board, and IIRC only subs and Aircraft carriers tend to have nuclear reactors (and a couple of Russian ice breakers), and I don't think even the Russian aircraft carrier is nuclear - they tended to have minor issues with their ship based reactors such as them ending up on the dock, or under the ship (at least two apparently had major accidents during refueling).

Caporegime
I wonder if it would be possible to get Ukraine to share the Neptune specs with Poland (or at least get the people that worked on it to create a company in Poland while we supply it with inputs) so they can start a supply line to Odessa and Zaporizhia?

Neutering Russia's navy and possibly obliterating Sevastopol naval base would be a major win.

Soldato
https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-russia-admits-black-sea-fleet-flagship-is-in-flames-as-ukraine-claims-missile-attack-12589721

That’s
some serious scalp,if they’ve taken that out .

Gotta take my hat off to the Ukrainians forces totally outnumbered with better moral , there fighting smarter and better than the Russians . Given how well there doing I can’t but help think they have UK special forces on the ground directing there attacks for them - I just hope I’m wrong as heaven forbid that was ever discovered.

Soldato
It won't have any nuclear weapons on board, and IIRC only subs and Aircraft carriers tend to have nuclear reactors (and a couple of Russian ice breakers), and I don't think even the Russian aircraft carrier is nuclear - they tended to have minor issues with their ship based reactors such as them ending up on the dock, or under the ship (at least two apparently had major accidents during refueling).

They have 2 Kirov Class in service , and the Slava Class replacement are due to be nuclear powered as well (Lider Class) ; all the subs except Kilo Class are nuclear.

Soldato
If they had the ability, I think they would have done this before they retreated from Kyiv in the first place.

I agree this sounds like bs blustering. If Russia could have knocked out all kyiv military posts they would have done so weeks ago. They either aren't in range required to get the job done or don't have enough of the missles required

this doesn't mean Russia doesn't have long range missles we know they do but they would probably need to start using their stock of long range ballistics inside Russia

Caporegime
Yeah saw that too, interesting, it has a bunch of S300 missiles etc.. so in theory, can target a wide area but it's got a naff radar set up and can only track one target at a time...

Hope the Bayraktar can be used in the future to actually target some of the other ships now the main source of air defence for the Russian Black Sea fleet has been apparently sunk!

Yep, yet another seemingly massive void in capability vs the west.

Caporegime

Russia trying to land people on the moon is hilarious. It's exactly the sort of big spending small-willy-compensation project that will make Russia's problems worse. Their failing industrial base, high and dry with sanctions, will now be forced to channel billions into a project that does little or nothing to benefit the country.

Soldato

Russia trying to land people on the moon is hilarious. It's exactly the sort of big spending small-willy-compensation project that will make Russia's problems worse. Their failing industrial base, high and dry with sanctions, will now be forced to channel billions into a project that does little or nothing to benefit the country.

He only mentioned sending a probe to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom