Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
How notable is this? How many generals are there?
I think it's notable in that usually Generals in most armies and most wars tend not to being killed at a rate of one a week.

From what I understand Russia has a lot more Generals in, well general, than most armed forces in relation to the number of troops, but even so they are losing senior officers at a rate that I don't think has been seen in any other army in decades.

On the positive side of things for the Russians, it saves them having to have a lot of their generals die in "accidents" shortly after the end of hostilities (Russia has this odd thing where successful or popular generals have a tendency to die in accidents shortly after a war).

Associate
OK, I'm sticking my neck out and declaring peak Russian desperation. A reply I made on Twitter has 126 likes & 13 retweets so far (I'm deffo small fry) but 10* separate replies, all from Russian support accounts. I've attracted one or two before, which is always gratifying... they're wasting time on me instead of bothering someone else. But nothing like this!

It's almost as interesting as those reports of Russians fighting among themselves. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but there seem to be more cracks in the Russian offensive now than even the average guided missile cruiser. Which could be worrying, because of the whole desperate times/desperate measures thing, but... one day at a time!

*Edit: 11!
Russians (the general public) are banned from twitter so can't access it.

The Russian Tweets are from Russian government sources, their goal is to praise Russia and downplay everything else. Bottom line you can't trust any tweets from Russians.

Soldato
Soldato
Can Ukraine cut off the land bride to Crimea?
I think it would take a precision air strike and I'm not sure they have that capability right now.

I don't see why a friendly nation couldn't hit on the sly though with enough planning (E.G some mig 29s with the right coulour flag painted on the side)

Have to assume it's well defended against air attack though

Soldato
How notable is this? How many generals are there?
At general level? Only the Kremlin knows for sure but we can get an idea based on our army which probably puts it at around 50 so getting on to nearly a fifth. But that's not really important, by killing the generals it probably dent morale which is already low impacts unit cohesion and disapline neither of which have been particularly good anyway.

Caporegime
I'll be tentatively optimistic for a moment and assume Ukraine withstands the assault and possibly even pushes Russia out completely once lend lease begins turning the tide... Where does this leave Belarus?

Lukashenko must surely be sweating a little by now?

Associate
Just came across these videos. these are all well thought out, make excellent points and are great analysis. For sure they aren't your usual 5 min soundbite but recommended to spend the time

Associate
Can Ukraine cut off the land bridge to Crimea?

It wouldn't surprise me if we woke up one morning to that news. Would be very well guarded (you'd think!) so perhaps just watching and waiting for a mistake. Who knows! Just the threat of it would be keeping the Russians up at night whether it's real or not. Also tie up resources they can't use in Ukraine.

No doubt they've got a few targets lined up similarly to go with the ships, railway bridges and oil depots they've already hit.

Soldato
We don’t need to conduct a military exercise.
We don’t need to have a large military exercise.
We don’t need to stay away from Ukraine’s borders.
We don’t need to invade Ukraine.
We don’t need to go to war with Ukraine, it’s only a ‘Special Military Operation’.
We don’t need to send our most elite troops to lead the front.
We don’t need to take over Kyiv within 24 hours.
We don’t need to take Kyiv within a week.
We don’t need to take over Kyiv at all.
We don’t need to keep our soldiers on the entire Kyiv warfront.
We don’t need to take over Kherson.
We don’t need to take over Mariupol.
We don’t need to use proper military strategy such as supporting tanks and infantry.
We don’t need to have infantry which have the supplies they need.
We don’t need to have soldiers with basic training.
We don’t need to have living officers.
We don’t need to have living generals.
We don’t need to have living T-72 crews.
We don’t need to take over Kherson.
We don’t need to have air superiority.
We don’t need a heavy naval presence.
We don’t need to have a flagship for the Black Sea Fleet.
We don't need to denazify Ukraine.
---------- YOU ARE HERE ----------
We don’t need to occupy the Donbass region uncontested.
We don’t need to lose the ground we gained since 2014.
We don’t need to keep NATO out of the war.
We don’t need to have Crimea.
We don’t need maintain the integrity of our borders.
We don’t need Voronezh.
We don’t need St. Petersburg.
We don’t need Moscow.
We don’t need the Ural Mountains.
We don’t need Putin to be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom