Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This, but sadly there seems to be some sick fascination surrounding this Urkraine/Russia situation with some people who love watching this type of media of things get blown up, attacks, violence, people being murdered and other nasty stuff.

When this media hits a degenerate low by their standards they get surprised and offended.

Anything that weakens the Russian war machine should be celebrated. Their armed forces are the aggressors here and have committed war crimes. If you are expecting people to cry when those carrying out a war of aggression die then you don't have much of an understanding of human nature. Also watching war has always been fascinating to humans. Just look at The History Channel, half of its programming is war footage.

Associate
Quite amusing seeing people that would be screeching on one side.....cheering on the other side. Propaganda works pretty well on both sides it seems.

(Not me they cry!!!)

Russians are ********
Ukrainians not much better.

And the idea we are not getting our hands dirty. We have helped escalate and intensify the violence. Of course that is fine if its deemed justified...but we are still helping cause a significant amount of deaths. Can't just blame one side.

Suppose the media has moved on from covid and everyone wants to forget the price that cost...

Caporegime
All Ukraine wanted was to be independent of Russia's imperialism which is something we don't really have a choice in aiding because letting Russia get away with it will only embolden them to push further west.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There is no doubt in my mind that the West supplying arms and training has lengthened the war. Ukraine may still lose all or part of their country. But whether to fight to remain an independent country is their decision, not ours. They have chosen to do so, and I am therefore OK with us supporting them in that struggle.

Associate
There is no doubt in my mind that the West supplying arms and training has lengthened the war. Ukraine may still lose all or part of their country. But whether to fight to remain an independent country is their decision, not ours. They have chosen to do so, and I am therefore OK with us supporting them in that struggle.

It has been done with little oversight and has caused another migrant crisis. We are also not putting caveats on the provisions such as adhering to a conduct. There are a lot of flagrant rights on both sides. Just because the other side are ********* doesn't mean we should tolerate the same.

Reading about the surrender offer yesterday basically being rejected by the nazi....oh sorry I mean (checks BBC and guardians refreshed terminology) the ultra nationalists, and the radio communications threatening to execute anyone that took the offer up. Doesn't really fit the narrative though.

Also quite amused by the feminists all being rather quiet about men being forced to stay....

(For the record I am not pro Russian or anti. I'm very agnostic, I'm just saddened to see how stupid people are in the past couple years and their susceptibility to propaganda....)

Man of Honour
It has been done with little oversight and has caused another migrant crisis. We are also not putting caveats on the provisions such as adhering to a conduct. There are a lot of flagrant rights on both sides. Just because the other side are ********* doesn't mean we should tolerate the same.

Reading about the surrender offer yesterday basically being rejected by the nazi....oh sorry I mean (checks BBC and guardians refreshed terminology) the ultra nationalists, and the radio communications threatening to execute anyone that took the offer up. Doesn't really fit the narrative though.

Also quite amused by the feminists all being rather quiet about men being forced to stay....

(For the record I am not pro Russian or anti. I'm very agnostic, I'm just saddened to see how stupid people are in the past couple years and their susceptibility to propaganda....)
I don't think anyone here (or at least many) would say Ukraine are saints. But there is one agressor here. Only one nation unilaterally invaded the other. Once that happens then atrocities are likely on both sides. But the blame is at the foot of the invading nation.

Ukraine has every right to defend its sovereignty and every right to ask friendly nations for help.

Associate
^^ Spot the soviet apologists

He didn't vote for my leader.....must be a Russian troll.
He didn't want to vote remain, must be a Russian troll.
He doesn't want to just blindly trust the media in lockstep with each other.....must be a Russian troll!

I'm not bothered by either side winning, in fact my job just likes the volatility this creates. I'm politically agnostic and have no vested interest (beyond the conflict expanding and getting involved even indirectly).

Associate
I don't think anyone here (or at least many) would say Ukraine are saints. But there is one agressor here. Only one nation unilaterally invaded the other. Once that happens then atrocities are likely on both sides. But the blame is at the foot of the invading nation.

Ukraine has every right to defend its sovereignty and every right to ask friendly nations for help.

Reading the news and narrative spewed you'd be forgiven for thinking the Ukrainians are anything less than saints. There has been a continual glossing over of any short comings. Most people don't look further than the headlines or snippets.

Soldato
Quite amusing seeing people that would be screeching on one side.....cheering on the other side. Propaganda works pretty well on both sides it seems.

(Not me they cry!!!)

Russians are ********
Ukrainians not much better.

And the idea we are not getting our hands dirty. We have helped escalate and intensify the violence. Of course that is fine if its deemed justified...but we are still helping cause a significant amount of deaths. Can't just blame one side.

Suppose the media has moved on from covid and everyone wants to forget the price that cost...

Did Ukraine invade sovereign Russian territory in 2014 and 2022? No, then Ukraine has the right to defend itself and I'm more than happy for our government to support Ukraine in any way it can including weapons of war.

Reading the news and narrative spewed you'd be forgiven for thinking the Ukrainians are anything less than saints. There has been a continual glossing over of any short comings. Most people don't look further than the headlines or snippets.

They've been invaded, their citizens murdered, their infrastructure decimated and their economy ruined. There really isn't two sides to this story.

Associate
They've been invaded, their citizens murdered, their infrastructure decimated and their economy ruined. There really isn't two sides to this story.
Oh there is. You just don't see it because our media doesn't report on Azov fighters murdering Ukranian's and then blaming it on Russians. It's all out there, you just need to go look for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom