Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
*Indian Crude Oil Purchases From Russia 40mln bbl Since Feb. 24 vs 16mln bbl in Whole of 2021 — Reuters Calculations

*China's Central Bank: Starting From May 15, The Foreign Exchange Deposit Reserve Ratio Of Financial Institutions Will Be Lowered By 1 Percentage Point, That Is, The Foreign Exchange Deposit Reserve Ratio Will Be Lowered From The Current 9% To 8%
*Premier of the State Council of China Li Keqiang: At Present, We Must Attach Great Importance To The Impact Of Unexpected Changes In Domestic And Foreign Situations On China's Economy
*Premier of the State Council of China Li Keqiang: In The First Half Of The Year, Most Of The Policies And Measures That Have Been Determined Will Be Implemented, So As To Stabilize Employment, Stabilize Prices And Supply, And Effectively Stabilize The Economic Fundamentals

Soldato
It will take them years and with money they dont have due to sanctions.

Money is not going to be an issue as long as oil and gas are being exported. https://tass.com/economy/1434127?ut...m_campaign=google.com&utm_referrer=google.com

The main obstacle in rebuilding their military capabilities over the next couple of years will be lack of high tech parts, especially semiconductors. Would be interesting to see if they would be able to create domestic production to replace it. In any case their capabilities will likely take years to be replenished after their isolation from the developed western world.

Soldato
*Indian Crude Oil Purchases From Russia 40mln bbl Since Feb. 24 vs 16mln bbl in Whole of 2021 — Reuters Calculations
KrMbJTR.png
MiK5YYH.png
*Russia Says It Will Open A Humanitarian Corridor For Civilians To Leave Azovstal Plant In Mariupol On Monday — Interfax
*Sputnik: Russian Troops And Donetsk Troops Stopped Combat Operations Near The Azov Steel Plant
LiN9Xo3.png
*Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister: Ukraine Has Asked UN Chief Guterres To Act As Initiator And Guarantor Of Any Humanitarian Corridor From Azovstal Steel Plant In Mariupol

A3bk1Di.png
XI3KUlz.png
*Russia’s Foreign Ministry: It’s Too Early to Assess How U.S. Secretary of State Blinken and Defense Secretary Austin’s Visit to Kyiv Might Affect Russia-Ukraine Talks

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Permabanned
The main obstacle in rebuilding their military capabilities over the next couple of years will be lack of high tech parts, especially semiconductors. Would be interesting to see if they would be able to create domestic production to replace it. In any case their capabilities will likely take years to be replenished after their isolation from the developed western world.

Taiwan is the current leader in this field because they have spent decades pioneering the technology. China thought they could just throw money at it and be #1, but they soon realised it doesnt quite work like that, and are now poaching employees with the expertise from TSMC.

Russia really hasn't got a snowballs chance of producing the high end tier stuff in house.

Soldato
*Ukraine's Defence Ministry: Russia Continues Trying To Break Through Ukrainian Defences In Rubizhne, Popasna And Maryinka In Eastern Ukraine
*Ukraine's Defence Ministry: Russian Attacks From Izyum In East Ukraine Towards Nearby Sloviansk And Barvinkove Have Been Unsuccessful

*WTI Oil Drops 4.8% to 2-Week-Low $97.22 on Global Demand Concerns

Caporegime
That's the 300, the switchblade 600 has a max range of 80km and is designed to take out tanks. And the rumours are the new "ghost phoenix" version has a flight time of several hours. Any explosive could start a fire at a fuel depot though, why would it need to be particularly powerful?

Having said that, the helicopter attack in Belgorod was a Russian false flag operation, so this could be Russia trying to whip up the nation ready for declaring all out war.

No, I don't think so, what's the source for that, the below is from the Wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AeroVironment_Switchblade
Wikipedia said:
Operational
range

10 km (6.2 mi) or 15 min (Switchblade 300)
40 km (25 mi) or 40 min (Switchblade 600)

I was referring to the switchblade 600, the 300 is just an anti-personnel drone, the 600 still has a relatively small warhead and used for targeting vehicles. These are large infrastructure targets, a military base and a oil facility, firing a small explosive designed to strike a single vehicle at a suspected ammunition warehouse within a military facility might set off an explosion or might not if the warehouse is partially empty etc.. or the wrong building is struck but firing a big short-range ballistic missile or similar creates a much larger explosion and a higher chance of setting off ammunition or several oil tanks in the case of the oil facility (ditto to firing multiple missiles from a helicopter).

I doubt very much the previous helicopter attack was a false flag, what are you basing that on?

Also, you missed the second part:

It's well outside their range, their range is supposed to be 40km, they'd have had to be fired within Russia if it were struck by them. Also, they're not all that powerful, used for targeting vehicles.

No details on the other loitering munitions recently supplied though & what their range may be but they were said to be tactical ergo I'd assume also not particularly powerful.

The new ghost drone is what I'm referring to above, it's not a new version of the switchblade it's a completely different loitering munition (manufactured by a different company for the USAF) and we don't have many details on it AFAIK however it is said to be a tactical munition - I suspect aimed at destroying artillery or indeed tanks.

Soldato
Guy who has people shwacked just because they might present an opposing view to him accuses the west of shwacking Russian journalists. Couldn't make it up.

It's to go along with the claims of Ukrainians being bad and urgently needing re-education from Russia.

Standard procedure even if you're not Russia is to smear the people you're killing because that makes it ok.

How many people got butchered by a vastly better equipped army for "weapons of mass destruction" or the all-purpose "terrorism" label.

Soldato
No, I don't think so, what's the source for that, the below is from the Wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AeroVironment_Switchblade
qvFyKmN.png
It's in the same article you sent ^^
*WTI Oil Drops 4.8% to 2-Week-Low $97.22 on Global Demand Concerns
*Spot Palladium Falls Over 10%
*Spot Gold Falls 2%
*Spot Silver Falls More Than 3%
*Uniper Spokesperson: We Believe Can Continue To Make Payments In Accordance With Sanctions

vNwEgnV.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
I am curious what the Ukrainian plan is for dealing with the two bridges (Kherson and Nova Kakhovka) which can't really be traversed without risking getting trapped on the other side, but it would also work against Russian forces to lose those bridges as it would effectively end their ability to retake that city and makes the plan to capture Odessa/connect with Transnistria practically impossible to achieve

Does allow both forces to focus on the Donbas however which probably isn't in Ukraine's interest but I suppose we'll see soon enough what their counteroffensive is.

Caporegime
qvFyKmN.png
It's in the same article you sent

Ah OK thanks, missed that.

Kinda moot though as it still isn't sufficient range to reach the target (unless they were launched by someone from within Russia itself) + of course, there is still the issue of them being relatively small munitions designed for individual vehicles, would likely want several of them etc...

Possible but probably not too plausible in terms of the various explanations for these fires/attacks.

Caporegime
Ah OK thanks, missed that.

Kinda moot though as it still isn't sufficient range to reach the target (unless they were launched by someone from within Russia itself) + of course, there is still the issue of them being relatively small munitions designed for individual vehicles, would likely want several of them etc...

Possible but probably not too plausible in terms of the various explanations for these fires/attacks.

Well the new drones may have more range but everything about them seems to be supposition for now or at least any accurate information is impossible to verify.

Could honestly be SOF with the 600's or even C4, mechanical fault brought about through sanctions, consequence of a hack or any number of dumb reasons in a country that barely functions.

E: Although it's impossible to verify there's a video that sounds very much like a missile has hit it, so possibly a captured Iskander, HIMARS cruise missile or perhaps Ukraine has finally brought it's Hrim-2 online.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's to go along with the claims of Ukrainians being bad and urgently needing re-education from Russia.

Standard procedure even if you're not Russia is to smear the people you're killing because that makes it ok.

How many people got butchered by a vastly better equipped army for "weapons of mass destruction" or the all-purpose "terrorism" label.
I know what you're saying but Putin has had people outright assassinated for some time now. I class that a bit different to your comparison situation.

Caporegime
I wonder what that non standard ammunition the US are considering selling to Ukraine is.

I would assume non standard would be something speciality, such as depleted uranium, outside that its hard to think what would be classified as non standard.... do they do 155mm tactical nuke rounds?

Could just be non-NATO ordinance, but could also mean more expensive, rarer shells like Excalibur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom