Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That's why we have Trident. And given the poor quality of Russia's conventional forces, how many of their nukes will fire successfully? How many will detonate? And how many launch control officers will obey launch orders?

Russia has approximately 1,000 nuclear weapons, do you know how much damage Russia can do to the West? You're so keen to roll the dice on your life and everyone elses, why aren't you out fighting in Ukraine living out your suicidal fantasy?

Soldato
Anybody else having issues with this thread? Whenever I click on 'go to first unread post' it takes me to the relevant post but then instantly scrolls all the way up to a post from ages ago.

Soldato
Russia has approximately 1,000 nuclear weapons, do you know how much damage Russia can do to the West? You're so keen to roll the dice on your life and everyone elses, why aren't you out fighting in Ukraine living out your suicidal fantasy?
Are these real nuclear weapons or the cardboard versions? Considering as everything else that has happened that 1000 is more likely 10 and of which only 5 have all the parts and 2 are flight ready.

Soldato
That's why we have Trident. And given the poor quality of Russia's conventional forces, how many of their nukes will fire successfully? How many will detonate? And how many launch control officers will obey launch orders?

Yeah, I suspect that for years a lot of the money that would normally be spent on maintaining this sort of equipment has probably been redirected into the pockets of corrupt government officials and gangsters.

It wouldn't suprise me at all, if it turned out that out of Russia's nuclear weapons, only a few of them actually work, the rest are just knackered and rusty.

That said, I imagine they have enough working inventory to still create one hell of an awful mess and kill millions..

Associate
I am sick and tired of hearing Russian nuclear blackmail, just get on with it or stfu. In my opinion they love the finer things in life to much to be that stupid.

Man of Honour
I am sick and tired of hearing Russian nuclear blackmail, just get on with it or stfu. In my opinion they love the finer things in life to much to be that stupid.

As we've seen time and time again with this situation Russian government and some levels of their military act more like a mafia or cartel, the only thing they know is how to get what they want through intimidation (hence nuclear threats) and they like being in power and all the trappings which come with it.

The only wrinkle there really is Putin who tends to be of the "If I can't have it neither can you" mindset and absolutely would do something crazy if the situation came to it. I'm not sure as to Lavrov though - at times he comes across as if he is truly unhinged and seems to have significant influence with Putin.

Soldato
Soldato
Oh so we sit back and let Russia walk all over us. A constant threat of Nuclear war and the arms race back. Leading to even more nonsense. No the stand has to be now.

Who even are you? Some random guy has decided that we must fight World War 3 because he doesn't want "more nonsense", is there something in the water that has sharply dropped IQs?

Soldato
*WH Press Sec. Psaki Press Briefing: - https://youtu.be/aLQOMGe7AYw
*WH Press Sec. Psaki: The US Review of Tariffs on China Continues.
*WH Press Sec. Psaki: We Expect Other Countries to Continue to Provide a Range of Assistance to Ukraine
*WH Press Sec. Psaki: We Need to Be in This for the Long-Term For Ukraine
*WH Press Sec. Psaki: Will Do Everything Possible to Bring Home Paul Whelan, Who Is Being Held in Russia
*WH Press Sec. Psaki: The United States Supports Diplomatic Engagement With Ukraine
*WH Press Sec. Psaki: There Is No Evidence of Russia Allowing Humanitarian Corridors in Ukraine.

*Ukraine’s Zelenskiy Thanks President Biden for Proposed $33 Billion Funding Request, Says He Hopes Congress Will Quickly Support It

*Two Large Explosions Heard in Ukrainian Capital Kyiv — Reuters Eyewitnesses
C2yuIrv.png
*According to AFP: UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and His Team Are “Shocked” by the Attack on Kyiv

Last edited:
Caporegime

It's interesting to consider. Russia play the nuclear card quite vocally despite being the aggressor. They will play it when they invade Poland, they'll play it when the invade the Baltics, what about Germany?

If the West de-escalate in the face of Russian aggression surely that invites further aggression against neighbouring states. Much better to act decisively and early I think whilst the conflict is contained.

I don't know a better way to tackle Russians well established brinkmanship tactic.

Soldato
How long before school children in the UK are taught to hide under their desks when they hear the siren or get the alert on their mobile? I really hope it doesn't get to that.

Man of Honour
How long before school children in the UK are taught to hide under their desks when they hear the siren or get the alert on their mobile? I really hope it doesn't get to that.

We have good visibility as to the disposition of their nuclear forces so in theory will know in good time if they change to a posture the use of it might be a reality - even though in theory it can be used at any time.

That said IMO we are skating close to territory where not rebooting the civil defence program is irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom