Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
No this guy was approached and recruited as a mercenary in the USA

He was not a guy turning up at the border looking to join.

There is a big difference between being recruited state side and just wanting to help.

This was about money. There are also at least 100 british mercenaries, (Russia managed to get the list and named them all) they are repuded to be paid 2k per day.
No one should be turning up at the border, they are recruiting volunteers through their embassies, so what you've described is the correct process for any volunteers wanting to join the Ukrainian military.

To be honest I don't really care what they are being paid if they are stopping Putin from ultimately invading the rest of Europe and the UK, good luck to them. That still makes them nothing like Wagner who are evil. Context matters.

You can keep swallowing whatever Putin is throwing at you though if you want, I think you have some on your chin.

Soldato
To the tune of billions of pounds worth of seemingly gifted weaponry and supplies? Or just some stuff buried in the woods? I don't recall the IRA rolling tanks across northern Ireland or convoys of weaponry coming in from abroad, do you?

Much as the western media likes to totally slate Russia and give no voice whatsoever to their opinions, (as they didn't with Saddam in the Gulf Wars, and his supposed "weapons of mass destruction"), there are two sides to this story, and I won't pretend I believe Russia have zero reasons for bringing Ukraine into line.
Stay classy comrade

Associate
I read the casualty rate was closer to 1000 a day, either way it's completely unsustainable and this before Ukraine fully deploys all the heavy weapons they have been given from the west.

Crazy to think that Putin could send in 1000 a day to get killed, realising that he can do this daily for the next 6 and abit months before all of his goons are wiped out. Even crazier to think that he's stupid enough to do it..

Soldato
Also happened with scary frequency back when Azerbaijan and Armenia went at it in 2020. Same S-300 system too.
To be fair, in Ukraine most of the Air to ground kills on AA units, those units have mostly been undeployed so I presume they're being intentionally targeted either in transit or just before getting setup to do do their Anti air things

Man of Honour
It is crazy how Kharkiv has held out - close to the border opposite several big Russian military bases which Russia had beefed up the transport network to, long way from the Ukrainian supply lines, facing off against a force primarily composed of elements from 3 of Russia's elite divisions with heavy armour and combat experience rather than the likes of VDV and forces fleshed out with conscripts, militia or contractors etc.

At one point the defenders were on the back foot when a Russian column made what seems to be an accidental run into the city centre, but they were repulsed.

Soldato
*UK MoD — 'Latest Defence Intelligence update on the situation in Ukraine - 01 May 2022'
FRpiJEUWQAA6jU5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom