Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
Russia will respond to Finland's NATO membership with a "military surprise".

The Ruskies sure do like issuing threats. Do they not realise just how much the civilised world thinks of them as a joke?
I don't think they can surprise again with just how bad their military are.

Associate
No, it may start a nuclear exchange. I dont think it would escelate to nuclear exchange unless there were significant direct strikes within Russian territory or NATO boots on ground within Russia itself.

Indeed, I can't see them nuking European cities and then having Moscow wiped out because a few tanks got mangled in Ukraine. But it could be a slippery slope best avoided.

Soldato
Russia will respond to Finland's NATO membership with a "military surprise".

The Ruskies sure do like issuing threats. Do they not realise just how much the civilised world thinks of them as a joke?
russia actually gonna roll on finland when they are in nato? wouldnt that result in a direct slap from nato?

Soldato
Putin and Lavrov say a lot of things with no basis in reality, and following through on an implied threat to go nuclear if NATO forces get involved directly would just be really unbelievably dumb.

Doesn't mean it won't happen - after all they invaded Ukraine which most people didn't think they'd actually do because of what a bad idea it was. However it's still only a risk that they've take the insane option and follow through with a nuclear attack, not a guaranteed consequence.

Can see why countries are treading carefully though, not wanting to put the Russian words to the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom