Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Associate
wonder if these captured bone fide Fascists or other patriotic POWs will stand trial in Russia along the same lines as the “Show Trials” in the 1930s where leaders admitted, mainly by threats to their families, to the most implausible acts such as contaminating petrol in military vehicles in faraway military depots etc.
For many of these Azov *****, there is ample proof collected over 8 years of war. Hell, they were not shy and bragged about their crimes in social networks themselves.

Soldato
There's been suspicions that there were spies and traitors throughout the Ukrainian army and civilian population especially in the south where Russia was able to take large part of the southern coastline without much of fight (places like Kherson, Berdiansk, Melitopol). One example given was to take Kherson Russian has to cross a bridge which should have been blown up but wasn't, there's also a story that one of Ukrainian generals went missing on the day of the invasion and the Russians knew exactly where to go and where to strike (again all in the south).

This is all speculation but I know from speaking to my other half she's tells me there are no shortage of people in Ukraine who are willing to screw over their own people and Russia has planted or recuritied plenty of spies over the decades who feed information back to the Russian army. Then I stumable acorss stories like this which kind of prove the point:

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/19-may-security-service-of-ukraine-detained-brother-of-former

Caporegime
There's been suspicions that there were spies and traitors throughout the Ukrainian army and civilian population especially in the south where Russia was able to take large part of the southern coastline without much of fight (places like Kherson, Berdiansk, Melitopol). One example given was to take Kherson Russian has to cross a bridge which should have been blown up but wasn't, there's also a story that one of Ukrainian generals went missing on the day of the invasion and the Russians knew exactly where to go and where to strike (again all in the south).

This is all speculation but I know from speaking to my other half she's tells me there are no shortage of people in Ukraine who are willing to screw over their own people and Russia has planted or recuritied plenty of spies over the decades who feed information back to the Russian army. Then I stumable acorss stories like this which kind of prove the point:

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/19-may-security-service-of-ukraine-detained-brother-of-former

Yeah that seems to have been a factor in the south. Fortunately I think in other parts people pocketed the money from Russia then didn’t actually follow through.

Man of Honour

Kherson falling so easily took away a lot of the chance Mariupol had - there doesn't seem to be one specific explanation though - it seems despite the strategic position a lot of complacency, general lack of readiness as well as probably corruption was present throughout the leadership there and many of the mid-level military/government leadership (maybe lacking for instruction from above) simply legged it when things kicked off leaving the grunts and territorial forces and/or those trying to join up on their own.

Soldato
Kherson falling so easily took away a lot of the chance Mariupol had - there doesn't seem to be one specific explanation though - it seems despite the strategic position a lot of complacency, general lack of readiness as well as probably corruption was present throughout the leadership there and many of the mid-level military/government leadership (maybe lacking for instruction from above) simply legged it when things kicked off leaving the grunts and territorial forces and/or those trying to join up on their own.
It seems a big reason was the leadership in that region fled (either paid off or acted out of cowardice), I mean you don't need to be a military expert to workout an easy way to slow the Russian's down was to destroy the bridge as Antonivka (just east of Kherson). It seems the lack leadership created a paralysis and army groups weren't sure what they were meant to be being doing. You can guarantee though the Russian's won't make the same the mistake, a counter offensive is pending somewhere in that region very soon and I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians haven't already laced that bridge with C4 in preparation.

Soldato
Poland will defend Sweden or Finland if they’re attacked before they get full NATO membership, Poland’s PM has confirmed.

And "Russia" say they will denazify Poland. What a total sham this farce of an invasion is.

Man of Honour
Ukrainian military shows just how you do a river crossing. If this is true this pretty big as it allows them to cut of supply to all there forces in Izyum but take it with a pinch of salt.

Trying to bridge in a more contested environment would be another matter again.

Man of Honour
Russia have some new "super amazing" laser weapon or something, wonder if this is the "military response" to Finland and Sweden joining NATO.

Peresvet isn't really so new or particularly special but could be a bit of a pain.

Though I'm surprised an anti-drone variant isn't already in wider use.

Man of Honour
How long before we see drones with reflective coatings? Or even having VantaBlack coatings?

There seems to be a lack of anti-drone (outside of existing AD capabilities) systems of any kind never mind laser or even jamming. It surprises me there aren't scaled down variants of CIWS platforms for dealing with small to medium sized drones in more common use - they don't tend to be particularly stealthy or able to operate from extreme distances from their target in the most part (unlike the big stuff like the RQ-4s) and generally have little to no armour.

Soldato
There seems to be a lack of anti-drone (outside of existing AD capabilities) systems of any kind never mind laser or even jamming. It surprises me there aren't scaled down variants of CIWS platforms for dealing with small to medium sized drones in more common use - they don't tend to be particularly stealthy or able to operate from extreme distances from their target in the most part (unlike the big stuff like the RQ-4s) and generally have little to no armour.
Crows

Man of Honour
Have no idea what it means but a ton of Russian government/presidential fleet aircraft on the move today - possibly related to the surrender of all but the Azov command element of the forces at Mariupol or something else. Also some Belarus government aircraft in and out of Moscow so may be something wider.

EDIT: Also Russian air force transport planes - I suspect they are off to get equipment or recruits from further flung parts of Russia.

Current transport movements:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom