Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Looks like Russia is claiming they've seized control now - I hope those remaining were OK, would be great if some of them have managed to escape/exfil out of there...
Ok is a relative term, they've been taken into Russian custody for some that's a fate worse death from the reports of returned prisoners (I can't describe what they do as it will get me banned but lets just say it's NSFW).

Caporegime
Ok is a relative term, they've been taken into Russian custody for some that's a fate worse death from the reports of returned prisoners (I can't describe what they do as it will get me banned but lets just say it's NSFW).

Has that been confirmed now? It wasn’t clear earlier if they had been or not?

Man of Honour
Yikes, this could be quite an escalation, US potentially supplying Harpoon missiles or similar to Ukraine:

Guess one possible angle might be to try and pressure Russia into calling it a win at Mariupol before their Black Sea fleet gets obliterated. But I can't see Ukraine settling for a ceasefire now neither would it really be a good thing.

Soldato
tON73b0.png
z7K8K9I.png
VqX5NRI.png
4793NcQ.png
nu9rws7.png
Bq5Ibf8.png

20-May-2022 21:55:03 - *UK’s Johnson Had a Phone Call With Turkey President Erdogan — Readout
20-May-2022 21:57:54 - *UK PM and Turkish President Agreed to Work to Unlock Supply Routes for Ukrainian Grain Stocks, Alleviate Rising Global Food Prices — Downing Street
20-May-2022 21:59:15 - *UK PM & Turkey’s Erdogan Shared Deep Concern About Ongoing Ukraine Conflict & Its Consequences for Security and Stability of World — Downing Street
20-May-2022 22:02:04 - *UK PM to Turkey’s Erdogan Highlighted Threat by Russia to European Neighbours, Emphasised Finland, Sweden Would Be Valuable to the NATO — Downing Street
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pm-call-with-president-erdogan-20-may-2022

21-May-2022 01:36:27 - *U.S. Official: Biden and Yoon Will Discuss Supply Chain Issues and Implications of Russia’s Ukraine Invasion
21-May-2022 05:27:45 - *Finland’s Gasgrid Operator: Gas Flows From Russia to Finland via Imatra Point Halted
21-May-2022 05:28:44 - *Finland’s Gasgrid Operator: Gas Flows to the Finnish Market Area Are Directed to Balticconnector. the Finnish Gas System Is in Balance Both Physically and Commercially
21-May-2022 07:03:45 - *Russia's Gazprom: Confirms It Has Completely Halted Gas Supplies to Finland’s Gasum

21-May-2022 06:49:23 - *UK Military Intelligence: Russia Is Likely Experiencing a Shortage of Appropriate Reconnaissance UAVs
21-May-2022 06:51:59 - *UK Military Intelligence: Russia Experiencing Shortage of UAVs Exacerbated by Limitations in Domestic Manufacturing Capacity Resulting From Sanctions
21-May-2022 06:53:58 - *UK Military Intelligence: If Russia Continues to Lose UAVs at Current Rate, Russian Forces Intelligence, Surveillance Reconnaissance Capability Will Be Further Degraded
https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1527888361763000321

21-May-2022 07:38:59 - *US and Several Countries Walked out of APEC Trade Ministers Meeting in Bangkok Over Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine — Officials

Last edited:
Caporegime
20-May-2022 18:50:29 - *Wimbledon Stripped of Ranking Points Due to Ban on Russian, Belarusian Players — Men’s ATP Tour
20-May-2022 19:36:38 - *WTA to Not Award Ranking Points for Wimbledon Championships Due to Ban on Russian, Belarusian Players — Women’s Tour Statement

I hope Tennis and all their sponsors start getting it in the neck for siding with Putin and the Russian aggressors.

Associate
I was hoping they woud take Avastol, claim victory over the nazis and say job done time to go home.

Looks like they are in for the long haull though. Ukrain is on the back foot for the fist time so not looking good.

This is going to be very difficult for Ukrain now, hopefull the West will give them the heavy weapons they need such as the F16's

Soldato
Mariupol was always going to fall, it was just a matter of time.

The de-nazification thing was just an excuse this whole thing is a land grab for Ukraine, they were never going to leave after taking Mariupol.

Soldato
I was hoping they woud take Avastol, claim victory over the nazis and say job done time to go home.

Looks like they are in for the long haull though. Ukrain is on the back foot for the fist time so not looking good.

This is going to be very difficult for Ukrain now, hopefull the West will give them the heavy weapons they need such as the F16's

Western Jets wont help without any infrastructure to maintain them.

Permabanned
So a bit of arbitrary racism is fine if it suits a particular agenda? I would be on a firm legal footing in denying the rental of a private property
to a Russian, and the courts would support me? Or is it only certain sporting bodies that are empowered to make such restrictions?

Last edited:
Soldato
So a bit of arbitrary racism is fine if it suits a particular agenda? I would be on a firm legal footing in denying the rental of a private property
to a Russian, and the courts would support me? Or is it only certain sporting bodies that are empowered to make such restrictions?
Understandably the world wants to distance itself from anything Russian at the moment, indeed any association is toxic.

Permabanned
Understandably the world wants to distance itself from anything Russian at the moment, indeed any association is toxic.
That loaded answer is irrelevant to my question. Is it legal for me, as a landlord, to tell a potential Russian tenant to sod off? Or is that racist act the prerogative only of sporting bodies?

"The world" is a massively sweeping statement, I have no issues at all with the Russian people in general, in fact only this morning on a public amateur radio web page, I went out of my way to be inclusive to a Russian amateur, as it was embarrasingly obvious he was being deliberately shunned.

Caporegime
If there's a significant risk of these events being used to further the Kremlin's propaganda then it's ultimately up to the host nation to make a decision about whether they want to be seen to be essentially allowing it.

Considering it's already happened in other sporting events it's just not worth the time dealing with the psyops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom