Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Real shame about the steel plant. Azov regiment could have hunkered down there and launched guerilla attacks for years to come if it was properly stocked to the brim with ammo and provisions.

Soldato
Js9GgEN.png
KgniSPS.png
XVTBYIG.png
21-May-2022 11:32:22 - *Biden Signs Ukraine Funding Bill — White House
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/legislation/2022/05/21/bills-signed-h-r-7691-and-h-r-7791/

21-May-2022 09:27:06 - *Russian Military: We Destroyed Western Arms Consignment in Ukraine’s Zhytomyr Region — Interfax
21-May-2022 13:15:54 - *Russia Publishes Full List of 963 Americans Banned From Entering Country Including Biden, Blinken, CIA Chief Burn

Last edited:
Permabanned
Js9GgEN.png
KgniSPS.png
XVTBYIG.png
21-May-2022 11:32:22 - *Biden Signs Ukraine Funding Bill — White House
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/legislation/2022/05/21/bills-signed-h-r-7691-and-h-r-7791/

21-May-2022 09:27:06 - *Russian Military: We Destroyed Western Arms Consignment in Ukraine’s Zhytomyr Region — Interfax
21-May-2022 13:15:54 - *Russia Publishes Full List of 963 Americans Banned From Entering Country Including Biden, Blinken, CIA Chief Burn
They could go for Crimea and call it special military operation to get rid of Nazis.in partnership with Russia.

Soldato
zeKcSWr.png

21-May-2022 14:21:45 - *Finland’s President: Had an Open and Direct Phone Call With President Erdogan Of Turkey
21-May-2022 14:22:13 - *Finland’s President: I Stated That As NATO Allies Finland and Turkey Will Commit to Each Other’s Security and Our Relationship Will Thus Grow Stronger
21-May-2022 14:22:36 - *Finland’s President: Finland Condemns Terrorism in All Its Forms and Manifestations. Close Dialogue Continues

21-May-2022 14:07:52 - *Turkey’s Erdogan Told Sweden PM in Call That Sweden’s Support for Terrorist Organisations Should Stop — State News Agency
21-May-2022 14:09:52 - *Turkey’s Erdogan Told Sweden PM Arms Embargo Towards Turkey Should Be Lifted — Anadolu Agency
21-May-2022 14:16:28 - *Turkey's Erdogan Told Sweden PM Andersson That Turkey Expects Concrete Steps on Turkish Concerns Over PKK and Others — Anadolu Agency
21-May-2022 14:55:55 - *Turkey’s Erdogan Told Finland President in Call That Overlooking Threatening Terrorist Organisations Does Not Suit NATO Alliance — Turkish Presidency
21-May-2022 15:43:20 - *Turkey’s Erdogan Told NATO’s Stoltenberg That Ankara Won’t Accept Finland and Sweden Membership Unless They Cooperate Over Terrorism, Other Issues — State News Agency

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
All Russia has to do now is hunker down till the winter when everyone will be begging for gas again.

Still at the Wimbledon has done the right thing.

Soldato
All Russia has to do now is hunker down till the winter when everyone will be begging for gas again.

The food and fuel situation is not unlikely to get better. Interest rates are likely to rise. The arsenals of Europe are being depleted by the military aid to Ukraine, and replacing those will increase cost.

If there's not a Ukrainian break through soon, as this goes longer-term, it favours Russia.

Soldato

You make it as if they're going to come out of it smelling of roses. Another 6m of this war is going to decimate their forces and economy

Man of Honour
The arsenals of Europe are being depleted by the military aid to Ukraine, and replacing those will increase cost.

There are a couple of people who've done videos on that aspect though I've not watched them but while it does reduce what would have been available in a total war situation much of the gear is stuff which was coming up on being cycled out, replaced or coming up on its use by date so NATO arsenals aren't being depleted to any significant degree. We do need to cut through some of the usual tape though when it comes to replacing stuff IMO so as not to be in a wrong footed position if there is an escalation - some of this stuff might take months and a lot of cost to produce in peace time but there is no reason for it to be that in a war time situation - there isn't a physical barrier which prevents some of these missiles from being put together in large numbers in days rather than months for instance.

Costs I can't see doing anything but spiral for a long time but it is a new reality we will have to embrace and find solutions for.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
It saves money. These systems are in constant rotation in peace time. They get serviced to schedule which costs money now they just get used and renewed accordingly.

Soldato
There are a couple of people who've done videos on that aspect though I've not watched them but while it does reduce what would have been available in a total war situation much of the gear is stuff which was coming up on being cycled out, replaced or coming up on its use by date so NATO arsenals aren't being depleted to any significant degree. We do need to cut through some of the usual tape though when it comes to replacing stuff IMO so as not to be in a wrong footed position if there is an escalation - some of this stuff might take months and a lot of cost to produce in peace time but there is no reason for it to be that in a war time situation - there isn't a physical barrier which prevents some of these missiles from being put together in large numbers in days rather than months for instance.

Costs I can't see doing anything but spiral for a long time but it is a new reality we will have to embrace and find solutions for.

The economist had a feature on this- last week, I think. They said roughly one third of the US stocks of one missile type (I forget the name) have already been deployed to Ukraine.

That's a significant amount of kit. I think they said replacement time was years, rather than months.

Don
The economist had a feature on this- last week, I think. They said roughly one third of the US stocks of one missile type (I forget the name) have already been deployed to Ukraine.

That's a significant amount of kit. I think they said replacement time was years, rather than months.
Probably Stinger missiles. They've not been made in years and many would be approaching the end of their shelf life as well. Raytheon I think it was were looking into restarting production of them, but the components used are long since obsolete, so they need to basically re-desing the missiles.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Apparently zelensky saying only diplomacy will end the war, he is calling for same borders as pre invasion.

Very reasonable demand. Let's see what them jokers say though...

Soldato
Lots of people saying it's the same thing, but apparently it's not. They are meant to have tried again. I suppose I'm a little sick for wanting to see the photo's/video.

Side note: I feel absolutely powerless in this situation. All I can do is watch and hope there is some form of good outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom