Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
That Family Guy GIF LOL...

Side note: I feel absolutely powerless in this situation. All I can do is watch and hope there is some form of good outcome.

I'm not liking the hubris - a lot of people, even those in governments, seems to have convinced themselves Russia will just lie down and take it and that they are a spent force and neither are true.

Soldato
Apparently zelensky saying only diplomacy will end the war, he is calling for same borders as pre invasion.

Very reasonable demand. Let's see what them jokers say though...
Why would Russia want to agree to this after committing so much, Surely Russia will want to keep what they have taken.
I know the media war is in full effect and people here believe Russia is down to it's last few soldiers but if they were then Zelensky wouldn't be asking for peace.

Soldato

I'm not liking the hubris - a lot of people, even those in governments, seems to have convinced themselves Russia will just lie down and take it and that they are a spent force and neither are true.

Indeed. I think Russia is now in it for the long haul, no matter what (idiots). They have completely destroyed the infrastructure and everything else. Even if they manage to take it, it will cost trillions to rebuild.

I heard they were looking for cyber peeps (etc) in the forces, so I looked into it, but it still seems like there is an age limit, and I'm 44.

Soldato
Understandably the world wants to distance itself from anything Russian at the moment, indeed any association is toxic.
The way so many hated on Chinese during the pandemic, the way the decade before that people hated on muslims and now its time to hate on Russians...Understandably ofcourse.

Until we find the next lot to hate.

Reactions: B&W
Soldato
5J9L922.png
DRJCfh0.png
Nrbhmnl.png
h73XUMR.pngg
tKaWSfP.png
0HhKAgJ.png

21-May-2022 20:11:43 - *Ukraine’s Zelenskiy: Took Call From Italian PM Draghi, Discussed Need for More Sanctions on Russia and for Unblocking Ukrainian Ports
22-May-2022 01:00:10 - *U.S. Official: Biden ‘Impressed’ With Steps Taken by S.Korea to Support Efforts in Ukraine

'Latest Defence Intelligence update on the situation in Ukraine - 22 May 2022'

FTVy_S6XoAAKZkE

Last edited:
Permabanned
Shock as real refugee people do real normal everyday things rather than sit in a corner constantly thanking them.

My town is flooded with Ukrainian's.
If I go to Lidl all i hear is "Russian" , bad English and lots of Google translate apps out.

Everyone seems outwardly civil and most are small families or mums with kids.

This one thanks her hosts by pinching the husband after a few days ... ;) She's obviously a tattoo lover!

I can see women reading this article and getting edgy if the refugee is a bit TOO friendly, or good looking and thinking how to get them out :)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...-bradford-yorkshire-refugee-partner-ten-years

Soldato
The way so many hated on Chinese during the pandemic, the way the decade before that people hated on muslims and now its time to hate on Russians...Understandably ofcourse.

Until we find the next lot to hate.
I’m not sure if you quoted the right person but your post whilst exciteable bore no relevance to mine. I did not recommend hating them any more than your recommending loving them.

B&W

B&W

Soldato

Well it looks like Zelensky doesn't believe that, hence him now saying there should be some sort of settlement.

What many people don't understand is the price Ukraine is paying for this, the longer it goes on the longer it suffers.

Soldato
Probably Stinger missiles. They've not been made in years and many would be approaching the end of their shelf life as well. Raytheon I think it was were looking into restarting production of them, but the components used are long since obsolete, so they need to basically re-desing the missiles.

I‘m surprised that the U.K. hasn’t supplied any Milan anti-tank weapons as that kit must have reached its “best before” date by now.

Still an effective system against IFVs, but it takes three blokes to move it and the operator is very exposed to return fire whilst guiding the missile to the target.

Permabanned
Man, with two young children, leaves his partner of ten years after knowing this woman for ten days and you blame her and not him?

I'm not blaming anyone, at a personal level I couldn't care less, this is the casuality of modern realtionships and parenthood.

I am just saying this is the sort of thing that can happen when you start opening the doors to strangers in a rush of embracing refugees. Let's see how many ever go back, that does concern me.

Man of Honour
I'm not blaming anyone, at a personal level I couldn't care less, this is the casuality of modern realtionships and parenthood.

I am just saying this is the sort of thing that can happen when you start opening the doors to strangers in a rush of embracing refugees. Let's see how many ever go back, that does concern me.

Sure, there will always be issues with the system and because people like you lap it up as the media will be all over these rare cases. Meanwhile I’m teaching 5 Ukrainian kids who god knows what would have happened to if they hadn’t escaped. They are grateful as hell and as far as I’m concerned if they end up staying, so be it. Thankfully their peers feel the same, so it’s good to see that the next generation are full of compassion, again, despite the crap you’d read on the DM.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So apparently the M777 has a possible modification to (almost) double it's barrel length to give it more range and now wonder if Ukraine is getting these barrels as so far the ones that have been shown don't appear to be longer then standard.

Soldato
I‘m surprised that the U.K. hasn’t supplied any Milan anti-tank weapons as that kit must have reached its “best before” date by now.

Still an effective system against IFVs, but it takes three blokes to move it and the operator is very exposed to return fire whilst guiding the missile to the target.

Either that, or the UK stocks went to the Peshmerga along with the Germans’ to use against ISIS.

Soldato
22-May-2022 10:46:30 - *Polish President Duda Tells Ukrainian Parliament: Kyiv Did Not Fall to Russians, and It Will Not Fall to Russians
22-May-2022 10:47:53 - *Polish President Duda Tells Ukrainian Parliament: Ukraine Has Showed the World That It Can Resist Russia
22-May-2022 10:48:49 - *Polish President Duda: Only Ukraine Has the Right to Decide Its Future
22-May-2022 10:51:03 - *Polish President Duda: If Business Interests Mean Ukraine Loses One Inch of Its Territory, It Will Be a Blow for Whole Western World
22-May-2022 10:55:23 - *Polish President Duda: I Will Not Rest Until Ukraine Becomes a Member of EU
22-May-2022 10:58:44 - *Polish President Duda: Ukraine Must Be Rebuilt at the Cost of the Aggressor

Soldato

It's Russia that needs to realize that Ukraine "will not just lie down and take it." As you put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom