Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
No way Russia is going to invite NATO to protect grain shipments. It’ll be a Tonkin Gulf all over again. ‘Whatever necessary’.
Starts with ships, then air cover to protect ships from ‘threats’ , then ground troops in the ports.

Soldato
Have Russia ever been clear about their goal of this special school military operation?

Denazification was just nonsense. Stopping alignment with the West to create a buffer state or trying to degrade Ukraines military is going to need years of ongoing effort.

It feels like they have no real plan but they're committed to it so can't pull out without looking weaker than they already do.

To be fair it sounds like a lot of those stupid arguments on the internet that were poorly thought out at the start and went on way beyond what was sensible.

Face-saving ahead from Russia.

"We never wanted it anyway"

Soldato
30-Jun-2022 15:40:48 - Russian C.Bank Raises Limit for Money Transfers Abroad for Russians
30-Jun-2022 15:42:02 - Russian C.Bank Raises Ceiling for Cross-Border Money Transfers to the Equivalent of $1 mln From $150,000 a Month

Soldato
30-Jun-2022 16:02:03 - Russia’s Putin: Russia Is Ready To Fulfill Indonesia’s Demand for Fertilisers
30-Jun-2022 16:05:12 - Moscow - Indonesia President Through Translator: It Is Important to Move Towards a Peaceful Resolution of Conflict in Ukraine
30-Jun-2022 16:06:28 - Moscow - Indonesia President Through Translator: We Will Continue Cooperation With Russia

Soldato
You were the one accusing or questioning that I was trying to continue Dowie's point... I'm asking you why I would be? when that hasn't been the nature of my posts.

If you were at all vaguely serious as to what you were posting you wouldn't be trying to move the topic away to some youtuber who is clearly irrelevant here and only used as a handy source for snippets of data which are not in any way controversial.

Ergo more clown posting from you.

You claimed the links I provided didn't prove my point that parts of Ukraine were under Russian military control and I questioned if you really wanted to continue Dowies (very stupid) point.
I even said you would soon back out and change the topic.

At first you tried by posting an image as if to prove me wrong and when I pointed out that both images proved my point including the one you posted you did exactly as I had predicted in the previous post and backtracked and wanted to change the topic about some youtuber.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You claimed the links I provided didn't prove that my point that parts of Ukraine were under Russian military control and I questioned if you really wanted to continue Dowies (very stupid) point.
I even said you would soon back out and change the topic.

At first you tried by posting an image as if to prove me wrong and when I pointed out that both images proved my point including the one you posted you did exactly as I had predicted in the previous post and backtracked and wanted to change the topic about some youtuber.

This is just word soup which has very little resemblance to what I actually said, or more pertinently even what you actually said - which has become increasing mercurial.

Soldato
An interesting one as to declare full war would be to admit failure of the "special operation" so it would need some kind of event/situation to offset that.
They're going to have to though unless they call off the special operation as they're going to run out of men they can stealthily mobilise at some point and their economy needs to shift to a war footing to see this out otherwise things will get terrible for Vlad at home, there's more chance of escalating into full on war than there is Vlad backing down

Soldato
Z9f0HGU.png
PkTufkP.png
w6aob14.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They're going to have to though unless they call off the special operation as they're going to run out of men they can stealthily mobilise at some point and their economy needs to shift to a war footing to see this out otherwise things will get terrible for Vlad at home, there's more chance of escalating into full on war than there is Vlad backing down

As the economy situation gets worse there will likely be an up tick in the amount of people turning to the armed forces and mercenary groups, etc. but likely not enough to sustain this campaign.

The way Putin has been acting (sounding out [potential] allies on cooperation/support which would be necessary to bolster their war efforts longer term and so on) and talking the last few days gives me the impression there is a bit of "checking down the back of the sofa", etc. to see how things come up before having to make some hard decisions.

One of my concerns here is that Putin is somewhat of the "if I can't have it neither can you" temperament - if the situation forces a back down it will likely be accompanied by some kind of destructive act(s).

Caporegime
I think it's pretty much guaranteed that just before any limiting of their offensive that they will launch an immense missile strike at Kyiv, Kharkiv and Odesa, probably Lviv too purely out of spite.

Soldato
I think it's pretty much guaranteed that just before any limiting of their offensive that they will launch an immense missile strike at Kyiv, Kharkiv and Odesa, probably Lviv too purely out of spite.

Possible, but they have limited stocks of missiles, so I think that's unlikely.

I'd say heavy mining of areas prior to withdrawal is a given. That's cheap and easy. Likewise, destroying key infrastructure, such as water supply etc.

Caporegime
Once again I'm going to ask you to look at the pink bits and look at the map legend.
I would type more but it just appears to confuse you.
[...]

Someone needs to call Reuters and tell them Zelensky got it wrong and Dowie knows more about Ukraine than it's president.

You're trolling aren't you - now go away and look at a map from March - have they gained or lost ground?

You claimed the links I provided didn't prove that my point that parts of Ukraine were under Russian military control and I questioned if you really wanted to continue Dowies (very stupid) point.
The only stupidity here is your wilful inability to read and understand the point being made.

I'm accusing you of trolling now because this is clearly deliberate, note that the last two times you've quoted the point to respond to it you've deliberately edited my post so that you can pretend a different claim is being made.

Soldato
You called it a miniscule point of percentages when referring to the amount of land Ukraine lost, when I point that out you decide to spit your dummy out ?

Spit the dummy out? So calling you out on your word games and trying to move the goal posts for a conversation is "spitting the dummy out?". You would make a good politician. I.e. someone not respected that lies as second nature whilst never answering the question as asked.

_-----------

See the HIMARS are now having an affect. I believe Russia struck 250km in land with their missiles to show that they can outrange the HIMARS. Basically a show of force. Funny that their comments were that they were intended for other military targets.... Like what? Where else where they firing that far inland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom