Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Well I have thought about this many times, and what I would do.There is no way I would fight for the UK or any country. I would kill my squad rather than fight, only if It was possible to kill all of them in one go without getting hurt. That's if I was forced to fight, but I would be out of the country.
Open admission of cowardice and treachery.

Disgusting cretin.

Permabanned
01-Jul-2022 12:15:11 - Turkey’s Erdogan: Turkey Can Re-Export Grain Products From Black Sea to Countries in Need

Translation : Turkey and Russia in cahoots are going to make a load of dosh out of grain exports

01-Jul-2022 12:17:34 - Germany Government Spokesman: Putin and Others Must Be Held Accountable for Attacks on Civilians in Ukraine

Translation: Waffle waffle.

Soldato
If I’m not mistaken, a lot of these missiles strikes that are being carried out lately are with 60’s vintage KH-22’s fired from TU-22M3 bombers, with the KH-22 being a supersonic heavyweight anti-ship missile, that’s equipped with a rather crappy INS guidance system that’s only meant to get the missile to roughly where it needs to be in order to then find a ship at sea using it’s own active radar seeker. Obviously it’s woefully inadequate for precision strikes against land targets, as we’re seeing, but I guess Russia’s objective is more to terrorise the Ukrainian population, than actually hitting actually militarily important targets.

Permabanned
I thought everyone in the UK knew that word should never be used.

Your recent posts show that as a foreigner you know little about about "everyone in the UK".

Free thinking people in the UK are not told what words to use and we make our own choices.

Some, like myself, can see that "coloured people" versus "people of colour" was just a black power grab to see if they can subjugate the English language, probably to see if some would fall for it, and basically for laughs.

No one has ever satisfactorily explained to me why the linguistically awkward "people of colour" is not offensive whilst the similarly meaning, but linguistically more elegant "coloured people" is.

Permabanned
It doesn't usually include killing your own comrades and running away though.
Don't start a war and expect others to do it. It is easy to sit at home say what you say from the outside? People like you fall into the trap but small percentage eventually realise by that time you are trapped.

Permabanned
Your recent posts show that as a foreigner you know little about about "everyone in the UK".

Free thinking people in the UK are not told what words to use and we make our own choices.

Some, like myself, can see that "coloured people" versus "people of colour" was just a black power grab to see if they can subjugate the English language, probably to see if some would fall for it, and basically for laughs.

No one has ever satisfactorily explained to me why the linguistically awkward "people of colour" is not offensive whilst the similarly meaning, but linguistically more elegant "coloured people" is.
You assume I am not British by using that word, your post assumes many things and they are all wrong. You have a romantic idea of war, or a false sense of loyalty, reality is very much different.

Man of Honour
If I’m not mistaken, a lot of these missiles strikes that are being carried out lately are with 60’s vintage KH-22’s fired from TU-22M3 bombers, with the KH-22 being a supersonic heavyweight anti-ship missile, that’s equipped with a rather crappy INS guidance system that’s only meant to get the missile to roughly where it needs to be in order to then find a ship at sea using it’s own active radar seeker. Obviously it’s woefully inadequate for precision strikes against land targets, as we’re seeing, but I guess Russia’s objective is more to terrorise the Ukrainian population, than actually hitting actually militarily important targets.

Russia also has a huge problem man power wise when it comes to policing conquered territory - by terrorising populations into leaving before they advance they have a low number of people to deal with and less likely to have problems with those who remain.

Caporegime
Well I have thought about this many times, and what I would do.There is no way I would fight for the UK or any country. I would kill my squad rather than fight, only if It was possible to kill all of them in one go without getting hurt. That's if I was forced to fight, but I would be out of the country.

You're a wong 'un.

Soldato

I see. So "I have a coloured friend" - using this term because he's more brown than black and half Irish so "Coloured friend" seemed appropriate - is deemed offensive.

Had I said "My friend, who is a person of colour" that would have been acceptable.

Blimey! Having known said friend for the best part of a decade and greeting each other usually contains a 4 letter word for lady bits - I doubt he will lose much sleep over my chosen terminology for him. :)

Soldato
Guess it depends on the type of war, if it was a offensive war like Iraq I would want no part of it. We pretty much all know it was wrong and has caused suffering to millions, why would any adult voluntarily take part is beyond me.

If it’s a defensive war aka Russia invading then You don’t really have a choice and would be the right thing to do.

Team killing, lol you a funny guy.

Reactions: B&W
Man of Honour
Soldato
Running that through Google Translate the term used was 'unification'. Either way I find that hard to believe given the potential for backlash and Lukashenko doesn't strike me as the sort of dictator that would just step aside an would be happy being a regional governor in Russia.
Unification basically means, CCCP again, Belarus as a state of the new Russian union would still need a governor to rule over the region so nothing will really change for Lukashenka

I wonder what Turkey will do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom