Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
maybe I am a ********* but personally I just don't need to see it full stop.

edit. oh my goodness .... how can the word for a flake of snow be considered a swear word.

Off-topic ... but hexagonal ice crystal got overused as an insult and the mods were hacked off enough with having to deal with it they banned the word. There's also a ban on the name of a certain lovely town on the North Wales coast.

This place has its delightful quirks :D

Last edited:
Associate
Woah careful there, we don't do "truth" in here.

If you don't tow the OCUK line and accept as gospel fact (and not some occasional propaganda) every single pro-Ukrainian post then you'll get called a Pro-Putin Troll/Bot/Stooge by the people who, just last week, you were agreeing with when they called for the torture and murder of someone just because they did the same thing first.
Well that's not really true, is it? If something is posted that's demonstrably untrue then I don't think anyone in here has an issue with the record being set straight? Or you can choose not to believe that and stay on your high horse about lefty liberals or some such nonsense, whatever suits your agenda I suppose.

Yeah, the majority of posts here are pro-Ukrainian, because the majority believe they aren't the ones on the wrong side of this conflict. And yes, some posters get pilloried for their views when the narrative seems to be in almost every post anti-Ukrainian. But that's in much the same way I think a flat earther or creationist should be shot down in a debate with a scientist. They are absolutely free to have whatever opinion they want. Just don't expect people to put up with someone telling them the world is flat.
If you want to support them or their position then chime in whenever you want rather than sniping at people attacking their position.

Soldato
Ukraine hit something in or near the water in crimea

All you can see in this video is smoke far in the distance but there is another closer up that shows some Russian patrol boats popping defensive measures in the water

Soldato
Ukraine hit something in or near the water in crimea

All you can see in this video is smoke far in the distance but there is another closer up that shows some Russian patrol boats popping defensive measures in the water

I dont think you "shoot down" ships.... unless they are space ships of course :p

Soldato
A Gazprom compressor station near the Finish border is just burning gas 24/7

Russia doesn't want to send gas to Europe, it can't send its gas to anywhere else and it doesn't want to shut down production so what is its last option? Burn it...

Satellite images show the fire has been burning constantly for several weeks now

Associate

Ukraine: Ukrainian fighting tactics endanger civilians​

Given the humanitarian views of so many posters.

Soldato

Russia doesn't want to send gas to Europe, it can't send its gas to anywhere else and it doesn't want to shut down production so what is its last option? Burn it...

Satellite images show the fire has been burning constantly for several weeks now

As we get closer to winter with high energy prices, assuming no end to the war, that flare is going to be a big "up yours" to Finland.

I think energy prices are going to force negotiations at some point.

Just look at the rising prices thread here- and high prices will become more of an issue as long-term fix come to an end.

Soldato

Dont worry about the co2 folks, make sure you continue to switch to led bulbs

Soldato

Ukraine: Ukrainian fighting tactics endanger civilians​

Given the humanitarian views of so many posters.

Or much more likely, a rather poor attempt by you to continually disparage Ukraine. You’re not as blatant as another poster, but you’re still easy to spot given which posts you like and how you’re quick enough to post about Russian gains.

Soldato
That amnesty article was a complete farce. I wonder how much Russia was paying them.

Every conflict has two sides and they've totally ignored what Russia is doing to civilians, including indiscriminately bombing them, and oh, using a Nuclear plant as a base to store weapons and fire artillery.

Caporegime
That amnesty article was a complete farce. I wonder how much Russia was paying them.

Every conflict has two sides and they've totally ignored what Russia is doing to civilians, including indiscriminately bombing them, and oh, using a Nuclear plant as a base to store weapons and fire artillery.
just like everyone in this thread has ignored what Ukraine are doing too civilians.

lets pretend only one side can rape people... even British soldiers did it in our wars... straight up murdered citizens too, lets not pretend Ukraine are all perfect soldiers... especially when most of them are conscripted just like the Russians and not professionals

Caporegime
just like everyone in this thread has ignored what Ukraine are doing too civilians.

lets pretend only one side can rape people... even British soldiers did it in our wars... straight up murdered citizens too, lets not pretend Ukraine are all perfect soldiers... especially when most of them are conscripted just like the Russians and not professionals
It's impossible to avoid civilian mortality when there is fighting in towns and cities which is entirely due to Russia's invasion of the country.

Unfortunately some civvies just don't want to leave their homes no matter the risk and Ukraine has to do what's necessary regardless of those people to ensure the rest of the country doesn't end up in concentration camps or massacred for the misfortune of being born a man.

Last edited:
Soldato

What has misconduct in previous wars got to do with things? There are rules to wars, and any soldier no matter what nationality should face justice for breaking them - including Ukrainian and Russian soldiers.

Saying it has previously happened could be seen a justifying it happening again.

I don't have any hard facts but logically a lot of the nastier parts of the military vs civilian will surely happen when in enemy lands or to enemy civs

I mean imagine we went to war with France, I doubt the UK army would suddenly start doing loads of dodgy stuff to UK citizens in the UK if France was for example entrenched along the south coast of the UK

Soldato
I don't have any hard facts but logically a lot of the nastier parts of the military vs civilian will surely happen when in enemy lands or to enemy civs

I mean imagine we went to war with France, I doubt the UK army would suddenly start doing loads of dodgy stuff to UK citizens in the UK if France was for example entrenched along the south coast of the UK

That is what history would teach us, and if Ukraine isn't in Russia that would also be my sentiment.

Though I do find it funny this whole spin has come from a reply to a post I made where I didn't even mention this aspect! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom