Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Any publication blaming Ukraine for that should be utterly ashamed for even making that statement.

Yeap, telling everyone that they should hide the truth always is the best policy and never ever comes back to bite you on the bum. Personally I'm amazed AI told the truth in the face of such a huge "never complain about any Ukrainian mistakes" propaganda effort, even if those mistakes rarely happen it appears everyone here would rather lie about it.

I mean we all know Russia is committing all kinds of evil crap and we rightly hold them to account for that, but then you've also got to hold Ukraine to account when they risk civilian lives and if you not only refuse to do that but also want to cover up the truth then you're a hypocrite and a liar who can't be trusted to "tell the truth" ever again.

Soldato
Surely they will all defect?
NK send labour all over the world. The reason they don't tend to defect in high numbers is because punishments will be doled out to their family in return. Sent to camps for multiple generations etc. I think the last time I read into this, they often pick people with links to home to ensure they don't defect.

There's North Korea Labour all over the East.

Soldato
On Russian state TV they're saying North Korea is preparing to send 100,000 "volunteers" to help Russia in Ukraine, a mix of front-line cannon fodder soldiers and free/slave labour

Soldato
They explain why economic data out of Russia is bs, (Russia stopped reporting real economic data several months ago) and yet because trade is a two way street, it's not particularly difficult to find out what actually happening in Russia, despite journalists not being particularly good at research and prefer to just parot what Putin says

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't believe the folks here are saying "hide it" at all. They are saying it's a one sided report. Even the report says generally how bad the Russians are.

Reality: War crimes happen in war. Frankly, I am more concerned about the overall war rather than the war crimes, as they are not at large scale.

Seriously, quit the bickering before you all develop Amenisa.

Last edited:
Soldato
North Korea manpower option seems like a bit of a joke to me.

If they start putting boots on the ground, I can see EU/NATO also seriously considering it. After all why should only Russia get reinforcements?

Definitely happening if North Korea get involved, got to say kind of want to see Apache flying in smoking everything :cool:

Soldato
Involving NK can only increase a nuclear threat... They are hardly the most stable of countries.

It wouldn't surprise me if Russia is giving nuclear weapons/long range missile tech to NK in return for the support thereby accelerating NK towards a proper full Worldwide Nuclear threat

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I wonder how the world can move forward together at this point. We have two
/Three ideology's at play and never shall they meet.

China is already losing western business. In engineering. A few of our customers are requiring far east supply is not to be used.

The Orc leader has lost a lot of face even more so having to use NK troops if true.

Soldato
Russia seems to be doing it's best to drag more nations into the conflict in an east vs west type scenario, and to some degree it seems to be working. Combination of NK troops being banded about, China sabre-rattling over Taiwan, India buddying up with Russia, Iran supplying drones etc. Tensions are definitely up, and Russia was the one that really kicked the hornets nest.

The problem I see for the west is that letting Russia defeat Ukraine and annex it would be potentially worse than just fighting long term, Russia would gain even bigger monopolies on resources, and would dominate the grain markets for example. Therefore the only choice is to fight back even if indirectly, and step up the supply of arms and maybe eventually even troops to the defence of Ukraine.

I wish the world was a more forwarding thinking place, so much resource wasted on wars and military that could be better spent on improving the lives of everyone, but whilst these different ideologies clash we must make do with the current state of play.

Russia seems to be doing it's best to drag more nations into the conflict in an east vs west type scenario, and to some degree it seems to be working. Combination of NK troops being banded about, China sabre-rattling over Taiwan, India buddying up with Russia, Iran supplying drones etc. Tensions are definitely up, and Russia was the one that really kicked the hornets nest.

The problem I see for the west is that letting Russia defeat Ukraine and annex it would be potentially worse than just fighting long term, Russia would gain even bigger monopolies on resources, and would dominate the grain markets for example. Therefore the only choice is to fight back even if indirectly, and step up the supply of arms and maybe eventually even troops to the defence of Ukraine.

I wish the world was a more forwarding thinking place, so much resource wasted on wars and military that could be better spent on improving the lives of everyone, but whilst these different ideologies clash we must make do with the current state of play.

Yep agree
I mean its no surprise that other pariah states such as NK and Iran would be willing to support/work with Russia, they basically see the US as the enemy and the US is supporting Ukraine.

China is interesting, as you say I don't see them aligning with Russia as such, but using the current global instability as another time to flex a bit.
Sell some arms to Russia, well its hard to see what the rest of the world is going to do/say.

I think the West is safe for now in regards alignment and hopefully its all over before there is a chance of Trump getting in again. Trump getting in would add a significant wildcard at that point. Who would want to predict if he would take a call from Vlad first and then say US not supporting, or start talking again about his using the US nukes fixation.
Last thing we need is another crazy in a significant position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom