Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The West might be underestimating their combined resolve, whilst wittering on internet forums about their lack of this 'n' that, under the guise of game playing "warfare experts"?

Yea whilst others might be overestimating their combat resolve whilst.....

North Koreans haven't fought a war in 70 years so they are literally nothing more than cannon fodder.

Thats my take on it.

Permabanned
Yea whilst others might be overestimating their combat resolve whilst.....

Thats my take on it.

So what are South Korea and the region in general whining about when Kim lobs a few ageing technology missiles around and makes bellicose noises?

North Korea follows Songun, or "military first" policy, for its Korean People's Army. It possesses nuclear weapons, and is the country with the second highest number of military and paramilitary personnel, with a total of 7.769 million active, reserve, and paramilitary personnel, or approximately 30% of its population. Its active duty army of 1.28 million soldiers is the fourth-largest in the world, consisting of 4.9% of its population.

Caporegime
So what are South Korea and the region in general whining about when Kim lobs a few ageing technology missiles around and makes bellicose noises?

North Korea follows Songun, or "military first" policy, for its Korean People's Army. It possesses nuclear weapons, and is the country with the second highest number of military and paramilitary personnel, with a total of 7.769 million active, reserve, and paramilitary personnel, or approximately 30% of its population. Its active duty army of 1.28 million soldiers is the fourth-largest in the world, consisting of 4.9% of its population.

People said similar about Russia at the start of the Ukraine conflict because Russia has a large army and loads of kit, "they are peers to the US", or "the US could not defeat Russia in a conventional armed conflict".

Yea, the above didn't age so well.

A very large number of active or reserve personnel only gets you so far without the basics such as food and logistics.

NK are probably a more effective force than we would credit them as being, they seem to spend the majority of their national income on it after all
That and cheese for Kim

I mean putin could probably trade some tech and/or oil for some cannon fodder. Kim isn't going to care if they get massacred if he gets some more tech cheese

Permabanned
People said similar about Russia at the start of the Ukraine conflict because Russia has a large army and loads of kit, "they are peers to the US", or "the US could not defeat Russia in a conventional armed conflict".

Yea, the above didn't age so well.

A very large number of active or reserve personnel only gets you so far without the basics such as food and logistics.

With a sword of Damocles such as gas and grain over Africa and parts of Europe, limitations might be apparent on both sides. Given what the west has thrown Ukraine's way so far, at huge cost, Russia seem to be plodding along OK at the moment.

Come the cold weather and the real potential for serious fuel issues in parts of the EU they might soon be breaking into a fast walk whilst the EU populace turn uppity.

Soldato

South Korea is worried Duero the mass emplaced artillery that will destroy Seoul no matter what the south and America do as they have far too much to be taken out.

Stick them in a different continent/country and they loose all advantages

Caporegime
Associate
North Koreans haven't fought a war in 70 years so they are literally nothing more than cannon fodder.
Cannon fodder in high numbers maybe.

I wouldnt under estimate them though, all they know from a young age is training, training training so I wouldnt be so sure about their inability to fight

Soldato
A good clip, there is so much crap being reported about Ukraine across media spaces especially on Youtube either in the comments section (bots?) or in the videos themselves (such as this channel) all which is mixed in with a legion of 'news channels' using stock library footage, clickbait titles and AI voices (tbf some have managed to even attract sponsors so I guess it works for some).

Soldato
NK are probably a more effective force than we would credit them as being, they seem to spend the majority of their national income on it after all
That and cheese for Kim

I mean putin could probably trade some tech and/or oil for some cannon fodder. Kim isn't going to care if they get massacred if he gets some more tech cheese

Yeah. If they time it right they can all jump off chairs and cause a tidal wave.

Soldato
A good clip, there is so much crap being reported about Ukraine across media spaces especially on Youtube either in the comments section (bots?) or in the videos themselves (such as this channel) all which is mixed in with a legion of 'news channels' using stock library footage, clickbait titles and AI voices (tbf some have managed to even attract sponsors so I guess it works for some).
If you haven't been paying attention you may miss the crazy number of "Ukraine News" channels that are Russian propaganda as well.

Man of Honour
Cannon fodder in high numbers maybe.

I wouldnt under estimate them though, all they know from a young age is training, training training so I wouldnt be so sure about their inability to fight

Training only goes so far - but I suspect one of the reasons North Korea is willing to send 100K troops is even if they lose a large number of them, a few thousand or so coming back with actual combat experience can be put to use to improve their military.

Caporegime
It's not much good having combat experience if they don't really have much in the way of training to begin with... like great, a few thousand of the conscripts came back alive and now they've got experience of being bombed and shot at.

Permabanned
That and cheese for Kim

How do you think they got their tech the hypersonic missile. Now Iran will have one soon, but the west still does not have that tech.

Soldato
Amnesty international board member has been sharing Russian propaganda but after people dig through her tweets they found it goes much deeper in the rabbit hole

She has also shared tweets and articles calling for Russia to annex Finland. Just if you had any doubt about Amnesty being run by pro-Russians.

And the person who wrote articles saying Finland isn't a real country and should be part of Russia, is also an author on the new amnesty report about Ukraine, amazing!

Soldato
Amnesty international board member has been sharing Russian propaganda but after people dig through her tweets they found it goes much deeper in the rabbit hole

She has also shared tweets and articles calling for Russia to annex Finland. Just if you had any doubt about Amnesty being run by pro-Russians.

And the person who wrote articles saying Finland isn't a real country and should be part of Russia, is also an author on the new amnesty report about Ukraine, amazing!

Wow, I just looked at her twitter she is unhinged as hell.

What the ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom