ULEZ charging! Pre 2007 bike? How to get around it..

Transmission breaker
Don
I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I managed to find out that my bike was going to get hit by the ULEZ charge for London due to the age.

The charge is actually emissions specific, so although they say pre 2007, it's actually just because all bikes after that date were automatically compliant.

If you can prove your bike is below the required threshold (will update with the figures shortly) then you can apply for an exemption.

My 2003 Hornet according to Honda is compliant. So they have said I can request a COC (certificate of compliance) to the charging site and they have to exempt the bike.

I dont know if once one person has done a certain model, if they will update the lists, but as it is based on VIN, i suspect they will want to make everyone have to do it individually.

Hope I am not preaching to the converted, but it looks like a lot of pre cut off bikes may actually be easy to get exempted.

I will be submitting mine once the COC comes from Honda.

Soldato
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Is this like a congestion charge thing? (sorry I dont live in London) god damn....

My Suzuki SV650 is from 2003 I wonder if that is compliant, I doubt it. Not cat, no nothing.

EDIT: Well I never knew about all that, a quick google about the ULEZ and LEZ, and according to the goverment website my SV650 isnt compliant so I would have to pay 12.50 to rdie it in central london, although realistically, youd need to pay me far in excess of that to go anywhere near central london on my motorcycle.

Man of Honour
It's on an individual bike basis which is a nice money maker for them as they charge you to apply for the exemption iirc, also if your bike is too old to be issued a CoC you can have it tested by one of the few registered garages and if it passes the test you can apply for an exemption.

Back
Top Bottom